THE BROWNS BOARD

The NFL HOF game August 5 at 8 pm, DAL vs PIT..... anyone going ?/ And BROWNS season tickets almost sold out but home opener available ?

mjp28

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Ahhhh yes hindsight is always 20/20 or better,  the coulda, shoulda, woulda game.

Something I generally avoid in my investing, but when it's a ten-bagger as I believe this would have been, then I make an exception.... ;)

If we continue to play well, I am at the age I might see my two PSL's in a few years.  I bought them 15 years ago at $1500 a pop.  I was able to move them from the 50 in the upper deck down to the club section and stay in the same PSL range, so I did that about 8 years ago.  I decided I did want somewhere out of the wind and cold for a hour or so pre-game, then at halftime to warm up a bit.  By the time you walk to the tailgate, party for a while, sit at the game then go back to your car, that can be 9 hours or more outside.  When it is 20 degrees with a 25 MPH wind blowing,  a break inside for a hour or so in between tailgate and game is more than welcomed, at least by me.

At least to this point I don't duck inside to sit and watch one of the hundreds of TV's,  but I might go down to grab a dog or something and not be in a huge rush to get back to the seat.  I might even stand in there and eat .  I try not to miss when we are on D because that is when we are the 12th man and can make all the noise we want.

Friend of mine scored tickets to the Hall of Fame Induction, so I'll be going to that. Never a thing I would have gone out of my way to go to, but free tickets at an event down the road from me? Sure! 

The things that suck about it is Peyton Manning won't be there (not sure why) and there's one Pittsburgh Steeler getting inducted (of course) along with a TTUN player. Bleh. 😁

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey real NFL preseason football 🏈  is on tonight,. My two least favorite teams that I like to root against.

America's team vs the steelers.     But I will watch at least some of ít.....

26 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

America's team vs the steelers.     But I will watch at least some of ít.....

No you won't! Cause...

Ya missed it ! It was on last night ! I could only bear 3 quarters...    

Homer simpson Homero simpson GIF - Homer simpson Homero simpson Homer simspon GIFs

We can't be saved...

Week 1 

Thursday, Aug. 12           

Washington at New England, 7:30 p.m.

Pittsburgh at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m. 

Friday, Aug. 13    

Tennessee at Atlanta, 7 p.m.

Buffalo at Detroit, 7 p.m.

Dallas at Arizona, 10 p.m.

Saturday, Aug.14

Miami at Chicago, 1 p.m.

Denver at Minnesota, 4 p.m.

New Orleans at Baltimore, 7 p.m.

*Cleveland at Jacksonville, 7 p.m.* NFL NETWORK(beware of game flipping 😳)

New York Jets at New York Giants, 7:30 p.m.

Cincinnati at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.

Houston at Green Bay, 8 p.m.

Kansas City at San Francisco, 8:30 p.m.

Seattle at Las Vegas, 9 p.m.

Los Angeles Chargers at Los Angeles Rams, 10 p.m.

Sunday, Aug. 15  

Carolina at Indianapolis, 1 p.m.

* well..we can hope to get one viewable game*

• Haha 1

And the exciting recap.....and yes I was busy yesterday and missed the whole thing, first time ever !

Screenshot_2021-08-06_115200.jpg

Most of Dallas defense is a who's who of he-was-good-before-injury.. Happily, steelers starters couldn't open running lanes for Harris against Dallas backups.

Garrett Gilbert looked uninterestingly useful; other than Claypool senselessly laying out and getting hurt on a bomb, Mason Rudolph looked scarily bad.. it wouldn't shock me if Haskins is already the #2.

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

terday and missed the whole thing, first time ever !

Forgot about it myself, until only a couple minutes left, but stayed up for the replay. Right side of the DAL OL blew back the PTG DL on a couple runs... I loved it! PTG can still pressure the QB tho still very aggressive on the edges sharp contrast to the run D where they were pretty passive as a unit, but them it's a new D so rookie DE Quincy Roche replaced Watt and did a nice imitation threatening to blow by the DAL LT before converting seed to power and rocking the retreating OT on his way to a sack... Najee looked OK at best. Snell and Ballage looked as good or better... OL is still suspect. Not sure why Mason Rudolf is still there. Haskins looked good on two PA roll-outs to the right... going 2 for 2 to the TE in the flat (same play), but needs a lot of work on his touch. Missed a short cross badly when he riffled it. New Punter (R-7 pick) looks strong.

DAL D looks interesting... especially with Micah in the middle. Kid looked the part of the best defender in the draft. Also have the UM rookie CB kid has recovery speed. 2 of DAL's 4 projected DL starters are on the PUP list and did not play.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, Unsympathetic said:

Most of Dallas defense is a who's who of he-was-good-before-injury.. Happily, steelers starters couldn't open running lanes for Harris against Dallas backups.

Garrett Gilbert looked uninterestingly useful; other than Claypool senselessly laying out and getting hurt on a bomb, Mason Rudolph looked scarily bad.. it wouldn't shock me if Haskins is already the #2.

It’s the hall of fame game man, how can anyone make a determination about anything with any team playing in the preseason? It’s vanilla, vanilla, vanilla. Talking about the preseason as a indicator for anything is goofy to say the least. 

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Dallas's backup qb's looked dismal. I think they need to check the waiver wire eventually......

Gilbert isn’t bad. What they really should worry about is giving dak all that money. Insane.