THE BROWNS BOARD

The NFL HOF game August 5 at 8 pm, DAL vs PIT..... anyone going ?/ And BROWNS season tickets almost sold out but home opener available ?

mjp28

The NFL HOF game is almost here, August 5 at 8 pm, DAL vs PIT..... anyone going ?  After all the game is almost a home 🏘️ game for us.  But it will probably be loaded with cowboy and steeler fans, ughhhhh. 

For more:.    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-hall-of-fame-game-2021-date-time-teams-more

Who is playing in the Hall of Fame game?

This year will see the Cowboys and Steelers in the annual event, but how and why were they chosen?

Hall of Fame participants, along with the Hall of Fame newcomers, are announced Super Bowl week. Frequently, the teams selected have a former famed player, coach, or owner being inducted to the Hall to maximize intrigue in the occasion and draw as large an audience as possible.

From 1971 to 2010, the matchups for each game included one team from each conference (AFC and NFC). However, this trend stopped in 2011 and transitioned to choosing teams with a distinguished alumnus being inducted that year.

History of the Hall of Fame game

The first Hall of Fame game was played in 1962 between the New York Giants and the then St. Louis Cardinals. The game unceremoniously ended in a 21-21 tie. The most recent bout occurred in 2019 as the Denver Broncos defeated the Atlanta Falcons 14-10. The postponement of 2020 is not the first time a year went by without a Hall of Fame game happening. In fact, there have been two other cancellations as well as two contests that ended early.

nfl-hall-of-fame-game-2021-date-time-teams-more-scaled-e1620598362389.jpeg

• Upvote 1

JULY 6, 2021  - Enshrinement Ceremony search.  I always wondered how the HOF ticket ordering and costs worked, it's pretty straightforward.  Many sections are sold out and the costs run from $29-$99 not bad I guess.  I found 3 seats left in Section 220-221 for $99 each.  It looks like a near sellout by the Enshrinement.

Screenshot_2021-07-06_110303.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-06_111323.jpg

If you go, have a good time.  For me, preseason anything NFL sucks.

The only watchable anything pre-season is spring training games in baseball.

Prices are cheap, it's laid back, players talk and sign for fans, and games are pretty much real games..  I highly recommend that to anyone.

• Upvote 1

Can you imagine the ticket rush when the BROWNS' Joe Thomas  gets enshrined into the NFL HOF ?  

Even more if Clay Matthews ever gets his very long overdue trip to Canton.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Can you imagine the ticket rush when the BROWNS' Joe Thomas  gets enshrined into the NFL HOF ?  

Even more if Clay Matthews ever gets his very long overdue trip to Canton.  

I think Joe will have a really good speech.  I look forward to it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

If you go, have a good time.  For me, preseason anything NFL sucks.

The only watchable anything pre-season is spring training games in baseball.

Prices are cheap, it's laid back, players talk and sign for fans, and games are pretty much real games..  I highly recommend that to anyone.

Spending a week in Arizona leisurely watching the Indians play every day and avoiding the shit weather of February and early March in Ohio sounds wonderful.

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Spending a week in Arizona leisurely watching the Indians play every day and avoiding the shit weather of February and early March in Ohio sounds wonderful.

It would.

I have never been to Az. for Cactus League action, but AZ is a great place in winter.  All of my spring training action has been in Florida for the Grapefruit League.  When the Tribe trained in Winer Haven I caught many of their games.   One game Bob Feller was in the house.  I got his autograph on the sweet spot of a ball, then also managed to get Thome, Lofton, and Hersheiser  on the same ball.  Not bad, 2 HOFers and two pretty close to that level.

The cool thing is all the teams ball parks aren't all that far apart.   It's easy to catch a game one day then the next go to another to catch some other teams. I usually followed the Indians when they were down there, but now I just pick up the paper to see what games are playing the next day.  I might drive over to Lakeland to see the Tigers, or Dunedin to see the Jays, Clearwater to see the Phillies, or stay near by to watch the Braves in North Port.  The point is you can stay inside 50 miles to see a lot of different teams

It's a good time

• Upvote 1

Not going to the game but GNATS Tailgaters will be set up at the Tailgating Hall of Fame campout at Cutty's Camp Ground. Party Friday Night. We will be set up there Friday to Sunday. Tailgate setups from several different NFL Teams.

https://fb.me/e/ed17DCh0L

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yinzers will be there sporting their Lev Bell and AB jerseys...embarrasing  themselves 

They wont win 7 games and I cant stand them and their fans.

• Thanks 1

The older I get, the less I care about preseason and the more I am apt to go into cardiac arrest during a regular season game.

Z

-- And Russ, agreed on Baseball, meet me in Fort Myers next year for a game at "Little Fenway"!

JULY 12, 2021 - And tickets for the game itself the white seats are sold out the pink ones have scattered tickets still available.  I think they are "reasonable".

From NFL Hall of Fame | VIVID SEATS :

Screenshot_2021-07-12_191817.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-12_192317.jpg

JULY 12, 2021- If I read this right there's only ONE section left UPPER 528, 4 TICKETS $1239 ea   for VIVID season tickets left but plenty of home opener tickets left ???

Screenshot_2021-07-12_193630.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-12_194709.jpg

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

JULY 12, 2021- If I read this right there's only ONE section left UPPER 528, 4 TICKETS $1239 ea   for VIVID season tickets left but plenty of home opener tickets left ???

Screenshot_2021-07-12_193630.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-12_194709.jpg

I won't comment on  Browns season tickets.  But the opener against the Titans is going to cost you plenty. I seriously question how StubHub is managing to offer tickets to that game by "instant download " considering as a season ticket holder I don't even have the tickets showing up in the master account yet. Couldn't even transfer them if I wanted to. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I won't comment on  Browns season tickets.  But the opener against the Titans is going to cost you plenty. I seriously question how StubHub is managing to offer tickets to that game by "instant download " considering as a season ticket holder I don't even have the tickets showing up in the master account yet. Couldn't even transfer them if I wanted to. 

I'm no expert on buying tickets online but I counted 4 different online ticket sellers are just for the NFL HOF game and none of them were StubHub.  I imagine that you would have to shop around to get the best seats and prices.

I can only imagine too how hot the BROWNS tickets are especially if they can knock off the Chiefs.

Big business.

No thanks on the HOF Game. 

Seeing the Browns vs the Steelers twice a year is more than enough for me. 

Also, just my opinion, but there's way to many Steelers in the HOF for me- Cowher, Swann, Kevin Greene, Stallworth. Over saturation for sure.

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

My entire season is already in my account and I have sold 3 of my extras already.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 7:15 PM, Zombo said:

The older I get, the less I care about preseason and the more I am apt to go into cardiac arrest during a regular season game.

Z

-- And Russ, agreed on Baseball, meet me in Fort Myers next year for a game at "Little Fenway"!

Will do.  That was in my plans anyway.  Now, even more reason to go.  Haven't been there yet.  I love spring training.

10 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

My entire season is already in my account and I have sold 3 of my extras already.

I am not sure what he is talking about.  My tickets have been in my account for a good month now, and I am not sure where the Titans come in to play?  He had to have meant Texans. I know he gets his tickets through a buddy who is the ticket holder of record and he splits the tickets with his buddy.  Maybe his friend just hasn't sent them over to him yet?

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Will do.  That was in my plans anyway.  Now, even more reason to go.  Haven't been there yet.  I love spring training.

Me too, I haven't been to North Port or Port Charlotte for a game yet, so maybe we can do a "home & home".

Z

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Me too, I haven't been to North Port or Port Charlotte for a game yet, so maybe we can do a "home & home".

Z

Sounds good.  I am almost always down there for a week or two during spring training.  I can go to spring training games or hang with my wife and her 95 year old mother.

It's not a hard decision.  I usually go to at least 3-4 per week.  My brother lives in Pinellas, co, so up there you have the Phillies, Jays, and Yankees.  Nearer me in the Sarasota area you have the Pirates, Orioles, Braves, and Rays.  Down by you the Red sox and maybe the Twins?  Somewhere in that mix we will find a few day games...most of them are.  That entire 100 mile stretch of west coast is great for spring baseball.  I was a little sad when the Indians went back to Tucson, but they had a long history there.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, TopDawg31 said:

On 7/14/2021 at 6:46 AM, ballpeen said:

I am not sure what he is talking about.  My tickets have been in my account for a good month now, and I am not sure where the Titans come in to play?  He had to have meant Texans. I know he gets his tickets through a buddy who is the ticket holder of record and he splits the tickets with his buddy.  Maybe his friend just hasn't sent them over to him yet?

Well, guess I've just flat out been lazy. I'll check today. I do have full access to the account.  

What we did find out in 2019 is if we decide to sell any games- sell them directly out of the master account.  Transferring the tickets to me, and then me selling them creates an unholy mess. Sold out of the master account,  the money goes directly into Don's checking.  OTOH, it took me months and a couple calls to our ticket reps for me to get reimbursed.  LOL, eventually I actually got an official check from the Browns. If it hadn't been for $300 bucks, I would have framed it.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 1:34 PM, Kvoethe said:

Yinzers will be there sporting their Lev Bell and AB jerseys...embarrasing  themselves 

They wont win 7 games and I cant stand them and their fans.

Dude, people were dragging their James Harrison jersey behind cars when he left. You aren’t going to see any brown or bell jersey’s at that game unless it’s fairweathers which exist in ALL the fan bases with a bunch of success. 

As far as your prediction is concerned our line legitimately cannot be worse than it was last season. Fitchner is gone and the team added a bell cow. You are drunk to think they won’t win seven games, they won 11 straight with one of the most anemic offenses in the league with Randy leading the charge. I nearly let this one go in gippers honor but I couldn’t bear it. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Dude, people were dragging their James Harrison jersey behind cars when he left. You aren’t going to see any brown or bell jersey’s at that game unless it’s fairweathers which exist in ALL the fan bases with a bunch of success. 

As far as your prediction is concerned our line legitimately cannot be worse than it was last season. Fitchner is gone and the team added a bell cow. You are drunk to think they won’t win seven games, they won 11 straight with one of the most anemic offenses in the league with Randy leading the charge. I nearly let this one go in gippers honor but I couldn’t bear it. 

We will see...I hope Im right!!

Swap out AB jerseys for the logo dancer juju and (ABJr) and Dionte Johnson ABJr Jr.  Worried more about their Brand than winning games.

Dont even start me.on Bens stats from last year...

The O/U  for games won for the squeelers is 8.5

Their O line is in shambles..

Ben will last 3 games..

21 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

We will see...I hope Im right!!

Swap out AB jerseys for the logo dancer juju and (ABJr) and Dionte Johnson ABJr Jr.  Worried more about their Brand than winning games.

Dont even start me.on Bens stats from last year...

The O/U  for games won for the squeelers is 8.5

Their O line is in shambles..

Ben will last 3 games..

Delusional.

Juju can dance until his heart is content. I frankly hate all the old fucks that follow him around like he’s breaking the law because he’s having fun. I will say he probably shouldn’t be dancing on logos but I don’t believe it was with the same intent as say what t.o used to pull. You really are trying to take up the gipper mantle with this one tho. Poorly researched opinions. (Sorry gipper) 

We aren’t going to mention claypool? How is Diontae Johnson Ab jr? Because he’s small? Our 4th wr would get starter reps on a lot of teams. You can save those critiques. Our offensive coordinator was easily one of the worst in the league too. Harris I believe will be offensive rookie of the year AND the line will be better this year. People get caught up in name recognition. Pouncey hasn’t been “good” for the last two seasons at minimum. Decastro was hurt and Villanueva is seriously overrated and always has been. I also couldn’t care less about the Vegas odds. Are the book makers in Vegas playing the football games? Get ready to eat some crow. 😉

16 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Delusional.

Juju can dance until his heart is content. I frankly hate all the old fucks that follow him around like he’s breaking the law because he’s having fun. I will say he probably shouldn’t be dancing on logos but I don’t believe it was with the same intent as say what t.o used to pull. You really are trying to take up the gipper mantle with this one tho. Poorly researched opinions. (Sorry gipper) 

We aren’t going to mention claypool? How is Diontae Johnson Ab jr? Because he’s small? Our 4th wr would get starter reps on a lot of teams. You can save those critiques. Our offensive coordinator was easily one of the worst in the league too. Harris I believe will be offensive rookie of the year AND the line will be better this year. People get caught up in name recognition. Pouncey hasn’t been “good” for the last two seasons at minimum. Decastro was hurt and Villanueva is seriously overrated and always has been. I also couldn’t care less about the Vegas odds. Are the book makers in Vegas playing the football games? Get ready to eat some crow. 😉

We shall see..🦅1🦅

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup.... should have bought those PSLs a couple years ago.... were going for dimes on the dollar back then.

https://www.pslsource.com/buy_cleveland_browns_psl

Ahhhh yes hindsight is always 20/20 or better,  the coulda, shoulda, woulda game.

And what exactly is a PSL and who dreamed up this gem ?   :huh:

Screenshot_2021-07-27_175411.jpg