THE BROWNS BOARD

An Article Near and Dear to my LB-lovin' Heart...

Tour2ma

I see No 3 down LB'ers.. What I do foresee is?   ^^Anthony Walker..getting his 2 downs..Should see? Malcolm Smith rotating in on passing 3rd downs..I still think?..Phillips might out snap JOK at Will? (close call the way Phillips closed out last season)...Unless Delpit might lose some games? ^^^ than we might get some 3 LB action? ? with Johnson & Harrison playing safeties? Stay upright Delpit! 🤞 

this won't be popular 😇... can i dip into next years draft 🤓   

I've been a MLB fan since Venables recruited this LB to Clemson..

Classy: James Skalski shares hug with Justin Fields after Sugar Bowl

I still have no clues on to where? James Skalski would have been 'projected drafted' if he came out in t2021 draft? Warrior Kalski.. decided to enter his 6th Tiger season in 2021 😕 (some covid odd* rule)   He's never considered speaking to one "NFL round projecting agent" .. He turned 23 this Feb..

Skalski's father died of a heart attack on October 14, 2016, while mowing the lawn. Skalski missed Clemson's following game against NC State.[3] He got a tattoo on his left bicep that says, "War like the warrior you are," based on a quote of his father's.[12]

I'll have this guy on the back burner, simmering till next draft season 

until than.. Ball out Anthony Walker !  

It's the Off season posting season... can ya tell?

37 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I see No 3 down LB'ers.. What I do foresee is?   ^^Anthony Walker..getting his 2 downs..Should see? Malcolm Smith rotating in on passing 3rd downs..I still think?..Phillips might out snap JOK at Will? (close call the way Phillips closed out last season)...Unless Delpit might lose some games? ^^^ than we might get some 3 LB action? ? with Johnson & Harrison playing safeties? Stay upright Delpit! 🤞 

this won't be popular 😇... can i dip into next years draft 🤓   

I've been a MLB fan since Venables recruited this LB to Clemson..

Classy: James Skalski shares hug with Justin Fields after Sugar Bowl

I still have no clues on to where? James Skalski would have been 'projected drafted' if he came out in t2021 draft? Warrior Kalski.. decided to enter his 6th Tiger season in 2021 😕 (some covid odd* rule)   He's never considered speaking to one "NFL round projecting agent" .. He turned 23 this Feb..

Skalski's father died of a heart attack on October 14, 2016, while mowing the lawn. Skalski missed Clemson's following game against NC State.[3] He got a tattoo on his left bicep that says, "War like the warrior you are," based on a quote of his father's.[12]

I'll have this guy on the back burner, simmering till next draft season 

until than.. Ball out Anthony Walker !  

It's the Off season posting season... can ya tell?

Skal is a downhill tackler and little else.     Good kid, heck of a loss he had to overcome.     Bleak NFL prospects.

13 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Skal is a downhill tackler and little else.     Good kid, heck of a loss he had to overcome.     Bleak NFL prospects.

some say 2nd/3rd round flyer... https://www.lines.com/nfl/drafts   don't think walt's football, has ever heard of this kid 🙃.. he's unrank'd over there... big season coming up for Skal regardless..

his combine medical red flags might have a lot to say with what round he may fall into to...

NevertheLess.. tBrowns need better LB play, starting from week 1...we've drafted Outside LB'er to groom..we have a draft need of a Middle LB to gr(Boom!)  

56 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

some say 2nd/3rd round flyer... https://www.lines.com/nfl/drafts   don't think walt's football, has ever heard of this kid 🙃.. he's unrank'd over there... big season coming up for Skal regardless..

his combine medical red flags might have a lot to say with what round he may fall into to...

NevertheLess.. tBrowns need better LB play, starting from week 1...we've drafted Outside LB'er to groom..we have a draft need of a Middle LB to gr(Boom!)  

2nd & 3rd round aren't "flyer".   That's a VERY late round or UDFA type slang. 

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

2nd & 3rd round aren't "flyer".   That's a VERY late round or UDFA type slang. 

late June, 10 months out from a draft...aren't they all mocked flyers? :lol:

I can see Skalski's appeal as an underdog-type, over-achieving NCAA-player, but at the next level? No...

Heart can only make up so much for lack of size and athleticism... and his lacking is not minor in either case.

As for the OP article... real agreement was in how JOK stays on the field all three downs through his versatility. Something I posted a while back.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 3:09 PM, Tour2ma said:

... and not just because it agrees with me.

Do Cleveland Browns have any 3-down linebackers?

by Randy Gurzi 2 hours ago

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/06/26/cleveland-browns-3-linebackers/

good question - they are hard to find, apparently. I think that is why Zaven Collins went as high as he did.

Good article about linebacker roles -

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2016/7/15/12188806/three-methods-teams-use-for-choosing-linebackers-method-3-attack-2-4-5-attack-backers

Anthony Walker is a 3 down guy.  JOK will be, or become a 3 down guy, but mostly because I see him as more of a box safety type player.

The game has changed.  The days of the BIG Lb are pretty much over. Speed at the position is more important than being able to deliver the crushing hit.  

If the backer can't get to Lamar Jackson or any other number of modern QB's, you might as well put me out there.

Goodson wasn’t fast enough and Mack Wilson couldn’t diagnose and tackle well.  Taki and Phillips were still learning. They all played too many snaps for us last year, although I thought Goodson played fairly decent football last season. 

1 down/2 down/3 down.  It doesn’t matter to me.  We are a little wiser and we’ve added more athleticism to this unit which is needed badly when we will play 2/3 games against the Ravens, probably a couple against the Chiefs and maybe one against the Bills.