THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns getting serious love on NFL.com

hoorta

A nice article.

Said we have a really good roster.

That and 25 cents will get ya a phone call.  We have some new veteran talent to fill glaring holes in the DBackfield.  That should have an immediate positive impact.  But we also have a bunch of rookies that we're kinda' counting on.  Newsome is a rookie, Delpit is basically a rookie, Greedy Williams is not much more than a rookie.  JOK is another high hopes rookie.   Some of these guys will need some time to find themselves.  Hopefully by midseason they'll be playing close to their high draft selection potential.  In which case, we should be good.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Sweet Baby Jebus, please don't let a single Browns' player read this article.

Actually, the article didn't say that we were going to win all of our games or anything.  It simply went on about how good each position group was.  And it didn't rate our ST's very highly.   Of course, this could be just the beginning of a media hype barrage on us once TC gets upon us.  I hope not...and/or I hope that the guys have learned how to respond to that now. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

In your name I pray, Amen. 

I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

It actually is like that. He usually opens with "Simple Man". 

• Haha 2

On 6/24/2021 at 8:40 PM, D Bone said:

Adam Rank checking in 😅... https://www.nfl.com/news/state-of-the-2021-cleveland-browns-can-kevin-stefanski-keep-good-times-rolling  

One area where Stefanski truly excelled last year was going for it on fourth down. He never backed down. At least not until the Divisional Round. 😤

13 hours ago, D Bone said:

With every new We are the greatest team ever built article, my testicles recede a little more.  

Keep an epi pen handy in case they reach your throat...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 8:40 PM, D Bone said:

There slowing.. but some are like your outdoor pet yard snake that won't leave... 

https://www.brownsnation.com/cbs-ranks-browns-2-in-teams-with-best-chance-who-never-won-super-bowl-in-2021/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-have-become-it-rumor-team-for-the-best-reasons/ar-AAMcD8y?li=BBnbfcL

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 8:55 PM, Tour2ma said:

So we finally really did win an off-season? :D

Oh yes and now the preseason hype from every sports network, blog, forum etc etc etc.

I do think the BROWNS' have a decent shot at winning the AFCN which is the first step in the playoffs (que playoffs stuff).

Now on to CLE vs KC in KC,.   1-0 or 0-1 ?

Here is an overview of important NFL dates for the 2021-22 league year. All times are Eastern and all dates are subject to change.

2021-22 NFL IMPORTANT DATES
September 2021
September 9, 2021 | NFL Kickoff Weekend
August 2021
August 5-9, 2021 | Hall of Fame Weekend in Canton, Ohio
February 2022
February 6, 2022 | 2022 Pro Bowl in Las Vegas
February 13, 2022 | Super Bowl LVI in Los Angeles <---- the prize !

Decent AFCN training camp preview ..  https://www.nfl.com/news/afc-north-training-camp-preview-odell-beckham-primed-for-comeback-who-will-back-

the draft network is leaning more towards... "To be a contender? beat a contender" pathway..  https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/cleveland-browns-successful-season-2021

On 6/24/2021 at 8:55 PM, Tour2ma said:

So we finally really did win an off-season? :D

Maybe so, but it doesn't matter to me.  I do know we are undefeated at tailgating.

• Upvote 1