THE BROWNS BOARD

Anthony Swartz could win the kick returner job

calfoxwc

8 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Schwartz and newsome still not signed...concerninh?

not to me they were at ota's and mini camp even tho schwartz was hurt  they will be fine

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

just need a few deals ahead of them to happen...https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/  It should happen close to?

For the first time in NFL history, there will be a unified start date to the training camps in 2021. Of the 32 teams, 29 will report on Tuesday, July 27. The Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys are two exceptions, with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as the third team.

The Cowboys and Steelers will face off in the Hall of Fame Game, meaning they can begin camp on July 21. Meanwhile, the Buccaneers will open their training camp on July 24. This is due to the Buccaneers’ first game being played on Thursday, September 9. As they begin their season three days before the rest of the league, they can open training camp three days earlier.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/27/two-browns-draft-picks-remained-unsigned-a-month-before-camp-starts/

July 27th.. is the Browns 1st open Training Camp date... they should both fall into place, before Browns 1st training camp practice..

4 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Nah...

Really the only thing to haggle over these days is % guaranteed... and picks get the lion's share guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a sneaking suspicion that Schwartz is NEVER going to be healthy. These speed guys are hamstring injuries just waiting to happen. They're so high-strung muscle wise that something seems to always tweak or tear. Lord knows I want to be wrong, but I I wouldn't bet on it. 

That being said, if he IS healthy, I don't necessarily WANT him doing kicks or punts. I don't want to increase the chance of injury, and kickoffs/punts are extremely dicey. I want to see Schwartz out there running jet sweeps, and especially FAKE jet sweeps. Defenses will HAVE to pay attention to him, and of course I obviously want to see multiple "go routes" per game. He has the potential to open up the field a bit...but he HAS to be healthy for training camp and the season. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Schwartz is NEVER going to be healthy. These speed guys are hamstring injuries just waiting to happen. They're so high-strung muscle wise that something seems to always tweak or tear. Lord knows I want to be wrong, but I I wouldn't bet on it. 

That being said, if he IS healthy, I don't necessarily WANT him doing kicks or punts. I don't want to increase the chance of injury, and kickoffs/punts are extremely dicey. I want to see Schwartz out there running jet sweeps, and especially FAKE jet sweeps. Defenses will HAVE to pay attention to him, and of course I obviously want to see multiple "go routes" per game. He has the potential to open up the field a bit...but he HAS to be healthy for training camp and the season. 

YEP. Him returning kicks - maybe once in a while, but I want to see him make plays and be a decoy .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looking pretty dynamic so far. Just seems like Schwartz is destined (has the skills) to

help make the offense explode. He is blazing fast, and he's making some great catches, and so far,

displaying solid hands. He's the real deal. Will be intriguing to see how creative the oc is with

getting him time and plays this season.

https://www.brownsnation.com/anthony-schwartz-makes-highlight-catch-at-training-camp/

Anthony Schwartz Makes Highlight Catch At Training Camp

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Speaking of special teams returns, 

...they did cost us decent field position with illegal blocks in the back a couple times.  Tell you what though, they've got a helluva punter.

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Speaking of special teams returns, Felton had 103 yards in punt returns today.

The Browns had 115 punt return yards ALL LAST SEASON.

Is that not amazing.. I knew we were bad.. but never thought it was that bad... 🙈

Felton came in here with the perfect tude of playing anything

Kick & Punt Returns

Kick Ret Punt Ret
Year School Conf Class Pos G Ret Yds Avg TD Ret Yds Avg TD
Career UCLA         26 611 23.5 1 0 0   0
*2017 UCLA Pac-12 FR WR 4 0 0   0 0 0   0
2018 UCLA Pac-12 SO WR 9 5 105 21.0 0 0 0   0
2019 UCLA Pac-12 JR WR 12 13 338 26.0 1 0 0   0
2020 UCLA Pac-12 SR RB 6 8 168 21.0 0 0 0   0

not a single punt return chance in 4 years of college.. 

a 6th round pick with his tangibles...  Berry & some scout, nail it on Felton.. i was stoked to see us draft him.. Kid had a great Senior Bowl week    

• Upvote 1