THE BROWNS BOARD

The Gipper Rest in Peace

Truly sad news.....rip Gipper!

I loved his trivia(and so did he)....I imagined how many hours he put into preparing & researching those threads....as well as his noted battles with everyone. Honestly figured he was too stubborn to do something like this...... the board will never be quite the same.......

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, alporcini said:

Me too!

I always looked forward to reading any thread Gip started. 

My heart dropped when I saw this. 

Me too!

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

One last thought...

I just hope St. Peter's greeting of Gip to the Pearlie Gates isn't anything along the lines of:

Well, Gip.... we normally don't let lawyers in here, but since you already went thru hell when your Browns moved to Baltimore...

Oy vey....

I'm sure Gip got in an argument with him over "Judge not lest ye be judged." And I'm sure he pointed out there is a book in the Bible entitled "Judges". The gate flew open with that retort.😂

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I can't keep track of all the reactions I may owe 👍.. Mine sometimes won't refill for weeks...  but this is the healing reaction I think we all may need, for some time... 🙏 

The Photos and comment post are straight up awesome!

I could laugh at this for weeks... 🤣

23 hours ago, Hag2 said:

First of all I am Stan's wife... I have known GIPPER probably longer then you have taken shits! So go fuck your self...Go Browns!

Makes me think? Stan had one of those Willie & Waylon...

"good hearted woman"... ❤️

@Hag2 ! ! ...Your Welcome to post more often in my book ... Your Fun!                  Yep!  Go Browns !! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Knowing the gipper I would expect him to prefer a donation to some sort of organisation or other. But I know he would have appreciated the guys getting together and raising a glass.

I'll keep everybody posted on the calling hours.

WSS

I dont have the option of being there, but if there is something I can contribute to (a donation/flowers/whatever) I'd like to know too... And if there's a time folks meet up I'll drink alone up here in Canada at the same time with Gipper in mind and send some pics in. Maybe we could open the Tavern or something?

Being where I am, I never get to meet or talk to fellow Browns fans. This is the best place I've found to fill that void, with the most passionate and knowledgeable fans out there. I love all of it (even the asshole parts) and Gipper really was all of it all in one presence. I visit every day (even if I don't say much) and he was a big reason why.

Thank all of you for being that outlet for me. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

I dont have the option of being there, but if there is something I can contribute to (a donation/flowers/whatever) I'd like to know too... And if there's a time folks meet up I'll drink alone up here in Canada at the same time with Gipper in mind and send some pics in. Maybe we could open the Tavern or something?

Being where I am, I never get to meet or talk to fellow Browns fans. This is the best place I've found to fill that void, with the most passionate and knowledgeable fans out there. I love all of it (even the asshole parts) and Gipper really was all of it all in one presence. I visit every day (even if I don't say much) and he was a big reason why.

Thank all of you for being that outlet for me. 

Not a problem at all.

WSS

• Thanks 1

Well, this isn't the way to start the day.  My heart goes out to his family.

It is with fond remembrance I will carry  our conversations here on the board and meeting up at tailgates and various functions associated with those tailgate weekends. It has been my honor, Your Honor.  R.I.P, Tom.  You made a difference.

• Like 2

Damn it, I just found this thread! I have been busy... 

What a loss. 

He was the first person I looked after when I found this board, always had something to say and I found it interesting. Then I had the chance of getting to know him better through his posts, discussing about trivial stuff, soccer, history...

Some times I found it to be interesting, some times I found it tiring, but I always thought it was as discussing with your stubborn friend who won't change his mind at some things so then you decide to simply stay quiet and sip some more beer while you roll your eyes and change the subject. I would have had some beers with the Gipper if I had had the chance to. Makes me think that I must go to Cleveland and tailgate some day just to meet you guys. 

Gipper always had an opinion and stood for it, and was one of the biggest contributors to this Board, so he will be missed. 

Rest in Peace, amigo. 

• Upvote 6

I'm a regular reader and occasional poster on here and always read gippers posts with interest. When I saw this I said to my missus, 'oh man gipper has died!!' She said 'who's that?'.... I said.... 'I've never met him, nor seen a picture of him but I feel like I know him.' 

Condolences from Birmingham, UK

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

May be an image of 11 people, including Amy Bennett and John Meehan and people smiling

Gipper on the far left, next to Hoorta, I'm holding the Game Ball.

May be an image of 9 people, including John Meehan, Mike Clark and Karla Oliver and people smiling

Gipper, Hoorta, somebody's head and then me. That is Atlanta Mike in front of me #43, and Ed "Roachmaster" on the far right in his Iconic "I Hate the Steelers" T-shirt.

May be an image of 23 people, including Mike Clark, Keith MacMillan, Todd Ogden and John Meehan and people smiling

Stan's Memorial, Gipper is behind me in the white sweatshirt.

May be an image of 17 people and people smiling

This one's full of legends. As for Gipper, he's got Marko to his left, Sperk to his right,  Stan and kathy are in front of them, and I'm behind Kathy. Grabbing her ass.

Z

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

May be an image of 11 people, including Amy Bennett and John Meehan and people smiling

May be an image of 9 people, including John Meehan, Mike Clark and Karla Oliver and people smiling

Gipper, Hoorta, somebody's head and then me. That is Atlanta Mike in front of me #43, and Ed "Roachmaster" on the far right in his Iconic "I Hate the Steelers" T-shirt.

May be an image of 23 people, including Mike Clark, Keith MacMillan, Todd Ogden and John Meehan and people smiling

This one's full of legends. As for Gipper, he's got Marko to his left, Sperk to his right,  Stan and kathy are in front of them, and I'm behind Kathy. Grabbing her ass.

Z

LEGENDARY!!!!!

Should be hanging in Canton.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/10/2021 at 2:28 AM, hoorta said:

And another one... Gipper (left) and Tom Flugel at the Titans  game in Nashville...  I hope this shows up as I intend....  

Gipper.thumb.jpg.a285bce61a9aac132133c9ebd3c29162.jpg

Never in a million years would I guess that Flugs would be the one to look more tightly wound.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

I forgot about this photo.  I am on the far right,  discussing our next shenanigans  with Gareth.  The two next to us seem to be in full approval.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, bjh2130 said:

So sad to hear. RIP Gip. Doesn't seem real.

Definitely had my share of disagreements with him mostly all silly ones. He was without a doubt a true diehard browns fan and I'm glad he got to see the successful season and playoff win last year. I will pray for peace for his family and close friends. 

So sad. RIP. 

RIP Sir

I also had disagreements with him on a variety of subjects, but he was a TRUE BROWNS FAN!!!!

I always enjoyed the trivia and his posts on many different subjects

• Like 1

Unbelieveable....I had many spirited discussions with Gipper. He was always the same....a regular on the old AOL board. He didn't pull punches and called it how he saw it. We didn't always agree on things, but he was fair. I will miss his humor....

• Upvote 1