THE BROWNS BOARD

The Gipper Rest in Peace

It's with a heavy heart that I relay this piece of news fellow's. Thomas Brendan Gipson aka The Gipper passed away in his sleep last night apparently from natural causes. 

He was an honourable man a true friend a loving father and husband and a great Brown's fan. More details will be coming out soon.

Screenshot_20210609-172134_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 9
  • Sad 7

So sad to hear. RIP Gip. Doesn't seem real.

Definitely had my share of disagreements with him mostly all silly ones. He was without a doubt a true diehard browns fan and I'm glad he got to see the successful season and playoff win last year. I will pray for peace for his family and close friends. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Terrible News... No wonder the Board blew up a few minutes ago...  

For those who knew him- at least he got to see most of America, and the world before his passing..    :(  RIP Friend...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm sitting here literally speechless. Man, life is so fragile.

RIP Gipper, I will miss your super frustrating posts. Feels like I lost a friend even though I never met you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Terrible News... No wonder the Board blew up a few minutes ago...  

For those who knew him- at least he got to see most of America, and the world before his passing..    :(  RIP Friend...

I know sports are trivial, but you hate to think he might miss a Browns title. 

They were so godawful for so long, finally get good, then this. Fuck.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Hag2 said:

I am so sorry for the loss of one of the icons of this board! Gipper please have many of those orange shit shots with Atenears up there and toast to the Browns Superbowl win 2022!!! RIP Gip!!!! 

How would someone with 1 post know who is an icon on this board? 

And why did you change your name from "stanisafag"? 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

That's Kathy, owner of the board, long story, but she couldn't get logged into her normal account and this one was under her email, and obviously we changed it to something more appropriate.

Z

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

First of all I am Stan's wife... I have known GIPPER probably longer then you have taken shits! So go fuck your self...Go Browns!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Upvote 6

Just now, Zombo said:

That's Kathy, owner of the board, long story, but she couldn't get logged into her normal account and this one was under her email, and obviously we changed it to something more appropriate.

Z

Oh ok, I had this weird feeling it was a certain banned poster... Sorry!

• Upvote 3

Your days normal routine, is just never the same with heartbreaking news like this 💔..

RIP Thomas Gibson aka The Gipper...🙏

We've interacted on here, for parts of 7 years on the BB... wishing we got, that Browns fan handshake, at least once :(   

It Hurts! I'm stung..and the words just won't come out.. so I'll leave our ending, with a few lines from a Eagles 🦅 song.. that got my last reaction 👍 from The Gipper.. 

What did I respect?

That Thomas Gipson... was Bold...He was Gutz'y.. He protect himself, from being wrong or right (much respect, and that's ok by me)... But mostly...

As Loyal of a Browns Fan we could want on here 👍...

His Trivia & Other Sports wisdom, were just as entertaining, That I will miss..

Sadly with a 💔....Farewell To our Browns Brother.... The Gipper... Your Honor.. You will Be Missed !

Edit-- Thanks @Westside Steve ...That had to be tuff news to type for yourself.. Sorry as a personal friend to Gip & to many others...Please keep us updated on arrangements & thanks...   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Just adding to the tragedy- me and Gipper have been friends on FaceBook for a long time....  There was a family shinding planned for the end of the month celebrating his son getting his Doctoral degree, and his daughter's marriage. That's turned into a funeral wake....  :(  

• Sad 3

I would love to see a picture of the man if anyone has one.... although it will probably be like whenever I finally get to see a radio disc jockey, and I'm like "naw, that ain't you". 

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just adding to the tragedy- me and Gipper have been friends on FaceBook for a long time....  There was a family shinding planned for the end of the month celebrating his son getting his Doctoral degree, and his daughter's marriage. That's turned into a funeral wake....  :(  

I just went on his FB page, Gip announcing this event was his last status he made. 

He had recently retired I believe, and his wife just had. What a shame. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I would love to see a picture of the man if anyone has one.... although it will probably be like whenever I finally get to see a radio disc jockey, and I'm like "naw, that ain't you". 

Gipper is on the far right. Kathy is next to him. Westside Steve is above him. Stan in the green shirt, Marko next to him, Keith Kmac next him, and Larry Hoorta on far left. The other two blokes are Howard and Gareth from UK, Gareth has his arm around Howard's cousin.

I either took the picture, or I missed that year!.

Z

FB_IMG_1623288495709.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4