THE BROWNS BOARD

Sport Fact, observations, opinions June 7, 2021

The Gipper

On 6/7/2021 at 7:56 PM, The Gipper said:

Because TAMU has not earned the respect at this point.Β  Β Next time:Β  Β beat Alabama.Β 

Well finally I get the last word in. LOL!Β 

In the year 2012 the final score was TAMU 29 - Alabama 24. RIP you old argumentative rascal.πŸ˜‡πŸ˜

PS-Alabama won the NC and A&M was #5.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well finally I get the last word in. LOL!Β 

In the year 2012 the final score was TAMU 29 - Alabama 24. RIP you old argumentative rascal.πŸ˜‡πŸ˜

PS-Alabama won the NC and A&M was #5.

It finally happened ...

Z

• Haha 1

Lmao! ^^^^

Β 

On 6/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, The Gipper said:

Here will be a new feature that I am going to start:Β  Β  a recitation of various sports facts...and speculations on things, and my opinions,

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  "if you think you can handle those" ?Β πŸ€“Β πŸ€£Β πŸ˜‚ Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Β 

Β 

1. Todd Gurley... Get the H' away from visitingΒ orΒ joining the Ravens RB Core! I saw enough of this kid at Tarboro HS, NC Friday night lights....Move along from the AFCN!

Β 

2. Oh Joy! more of... 'keepingΒ the off season football onΒ drama alert'...Β https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/10/nfl-minicamps-two-teams-cancel-others-under-investigation/Β 

Thoughts? All I got is "this could get really messy" or "Squashed in a damn hurry"? (whileΒ the NFL can't spell 'hurry')

Β 

Edit---Maybe we should honor the late Gipper's last creation?

MaybeΒ a Gipper "Get it off your sports chest here" pinned link in the Barber Shop?

anywho? Get it off your chest...

What's got ya bothered in any team sports?Β  Β  Β  Who's Next?

Edit----Β  Β Let's not make it messy that mods must continue to clean up....

so theyΒ say,Β  Β  Β  Keep them..Β Gipper Classy & Brassy.... 🀩 .... " if you think you can handle those " ?Β πŸ€“Β πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Here are some topics to discuss:

1. The Browns moved to Baltimore.

2. The Steelers have more NFL Championships than the Browns.

3. Bill Belichick deserves as much, or more, credit for the Pats success than Tom Brady.

4. The Akron Pros and Canton Bulldogs don't count towards Cleveland's football success.

5. Tim Couch sucked.

ZomboΒ 

-- Phew, that felt good!

Β 

• Haha 4

I was looking at this thread last night.Β  I had that 'sinking feeling'.Β  I was thinking how Gipper's posts were fading off of the first page of the board...and how, 'the other day' he was posting Browns thoughts....and then went to sleep...and then there was no more 'and then' for him.Β  Β 

He was a genuine, argumentative PITA sometimes.Β  But we all carry around our own baggage too.Β  I never cared for his trivia threads, but I appreciated the effort he put into them...and it brought interest to the people here who DID like those threads.

All I can say is, the Browns absolutely DID move to Baltimore....and I don't care what technicality you wanted to bring up about it Gipper!Β  -Β  Miss ya!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It's Friday! and I can't be boredΒ πŸ€“

It's been toΒ t☺️☺️, long since Gippers favorite Survey week's... But I've posted enough lately to act like himΒ πŸ€“Β 

So, Let's play two divisions of "who'll startΒ at QB"Β on behave of ourΒ old pal..the Gipper!Β  The man did love his QB trivia... (see anymore? your welcome to post them)Β 

So were off to scratching no chalk answers.. CuzΒ Gip never didΒ ;)

AFC

#1) Deshone Watson..Does he play? When? And What team?

#2) Pats= Cam Newton vsΒ  Matt Jones ?Β Β 

Β #3) Miami= Tua vs. Jacoby BrissettΒ πŸ‘€Β ? Trade option?

#4) Jets= Zach Wilson vs. Zach Wilson or the 2 guys you mightΒ never of heard of?Β πŸ€“Β Carson Wentz at Colts may haveΒ worse...

4 Morgan, James 20/4 5 White, Mike SF19

#5) Bengals= Is in fact Joe Burrow healthyΒ or is it Brandon Allen ?

#6) Texans= D. Watson or Tyrod Taylor?Β πŸ‘€Β or could it beΒ rookie Travis Mills? or a QB trade option? : - )

#7) Denver= Drew Lock or Teddy Twatwater or a sneaky QB trade option? * i spelled Bridgewater..Was that you Gip? 🀩 

#8) LVR= Derrek Carr or Marcus Marriota or a sneaky QB trade option?

NFC

#1) GB (of course)..Β Aaron Rodgers...Does he play? When?Β and with what team?

#2) Eagles= Jalen Hurts or Joe Flacco ? or a QB trade option?

#3) WFT= Fitzpatrick or Taylor Heinicke ? or QB trade option?

#4) da Bears!= Andy Dalton/ Nick Foles/ Justin Fields or a QB trade option?

#5) GB= Arron Rodgers/Jordan Love or Blake Bortles? or Is there a QB trade option here?

Steamy #6) who datΒ Saints= JameisΒ Winston or Taysom HillΒ Β πŸ€”Β or QB trade option?

#7) Panthers= Sam Darnold or Will Grier or PJ Hill?Β πŸ’©

#8) 49'ers= Jimmy G./Trey Lance/ Josh Rosen πŸ›‘Β stop! / Nate Sudfeld? or could this be a QB trade option?

Β 

God Bless ya GipperΒ πŸ™ and I'd never be has good as you were at these..(book it!) But these pending QB question mightΒ end up asΒ good as Your's Was...Β Β 

No Cheating waiting for answers ! (cuz Gipper will knowΒ πŸ˜‡)

Ready! GO!Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

It's Friday! and I can't be boredΒ πŸ€“

It's been toΒ t☺️☺️, long since Gippers favorite Survey week's... But I've posted enough lately to act like himΒ πŸ€“Β 

So, Let's play two divisions of "who'll startΒ at QB"Β on behave of ourΒ old pal..the Gipper!Β  The man did love his QB trivia... (see anymore? your welcome to post them)Β 

So were off to scratching no chalk answers.. CuzΒ Gip never didΒ ;)

AFC

#2) Pats= Cam Newton vsΒ  Matt Jones ?Β Β 

Β #3) Miami= Tua vs. Jacoby BrissettΒ πŸ‘€Β ? Trade option?

#4) Jets= Zach Wilson vs. Zach Wilson or the 2 guys you mightΒ never of heard of?Β πŸ€“Β Carson Wentz at Colts may haveΒ worse...

#5) Bengals= Is in fact Joe Burrow healthyΒ or is it Brandon Allen ?

#6) Texans= D. Watson or Tyrod Taylor?Β πŸ‘€Β or could it beΒ rookie Travis Mills? or a QB trade option? : - )

#7) Denver= Drew Lock or Teddy Twatwater or a sneaky QB trade option? * i spelled Bridgewater..Was that you Gip? 🀩 

#8) LVR= Derrek Carr or Marcus Marriota or a sneaky QB trade option?

NFC

#1) GB (of course)..Β Aaron Rodgers...Does he play? When?Β and with what team?

#2) Eagles= Jalen Hurts or Joe Flacco ? or a QB trade option?

#3) WFT= Fitzpatrick or Taylor Heinicke ? or QB trade option?

#4) da Bears!= Andy Dalton/ Nick Foles/ Justin Fields or a QB trade option?

#5) GB= Arron Rodgers/Jordan Love or Blake Bortles? or Is there a QB trade option here?

Steamy #6) who datΒ Saints= JameisΒ Winston or Taysom HillΒ Β πŸ€”Β or QB trade option?

#7) Panthers= Sam Darnold or Will Grier or PJ Hill?Β πŸ’©

#8) 49'ers= Jimmy G./Trey Lance/ Josh Rosen πŸ›‘Β stop! / Nate Sudfeld? or could this be a QB trade option?

Β 

God Bless ya GipperΒ πŸ™ and I'd never be has good as you were at these..(book it!) But these pending QB question mightΒ end up asΒ good as Your's Was...Β Β 

No Cheating waiting for answers ! (cuz Gipper will knowΒ πŸ˜‡)

Ready! GO!Β 

I wouldnt touch Deshaun Watson with a pitch fork even right now... Think of how gooofy that must be...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I wouldnt touch Deshaun Watson with a pitch fork even right now... Think of how gooofy that must be...

So Goofy... I have not read a single massage'eeez allegations 😌

While not 1 reliable media sole can reportΒ what the man might have done in/out a massage parlor.. "thatΒ money can't get him out of"..Anything worse than Pig Ben in a women's bathroom? How bout Robert Craft still owning a football team afterΒ hisΒ massage parlor was raided?Β 

It's time for this one to get unscrambled...Β 

Apollo 13 GIF - Apollo 13 GIFsΒ  dump it all out on the tableΒ Β Apollo 13 GIF - Apollo 13 GIFsΒ  orΒ attorneys get paid with othersΒ toΒ sweepΒ under aΒ rugΒ Β Under the rug Hide it GIF - Under the rug Hide it Dust GIFs

Sadly but truly...

On 7/16/2021 at 6:56 PM, gumby73 said:

#1) Deshone Watson..Does he play? When? And What team? Yes. Week 9. Miami.

#2) Pats= Cam Newton vsΒ  Matt Jones ?Β  Wk 1-4: Cam. Thereafter: Matt

Β #3) Miami= Tua vs. Jacoby BrissettΒ πŸ‘€Β ? Trade option? Tua all the way

#4) Jets= Zach Wilson vs. Zach Wilson or the 2 guys you mightΒ never of heard of?Β πŸ€“Β Carson Wentz at Colts may haveΒ worse... Zach all 17 (barring injury)

#5) Bengals= Is in fact Joe Burrow healthyΒ or is it Brandon Allen ? Wk1: BA... Wk 6 forward JB.

#6) Texans= D. Watson or Tyrod Taylor?Β πŸ‘€Β or could it beΒ rookie Travis Mills? or a QB trade option? : - ) Wk 1 TT with TM taking over Wk 11

#8) LVR= Derrek Carr or Marcus Marriota or a sneaky QB trade option? Carr

NFC

#1) GB (of course)..Β Aaron Rodgers...Does he play? When?Β and with what team? Yes... Denver Wk 9

#2) Eagles= Jalen Hurts or Joe Flacco ? or a QB trade option? Hurts all the way

#3) WFT= Fitzpatrick or Taylor Heinicke ? or QB trade option? Fitz

#4) da Bears!= Andy Dalton/ Nick Foles/ Justin Fields or a QB trade option? Dalton WkΒ  1 Foles Wk 4 Dalton Wk 5 Fields Wks 6-17

#5) GB= Arron Rodgers/Jordan Love or Blake Bortles? or Is there a QB trade option here? JL Wk 1 and no one besides State Farm will care by Wk 2

Steamy #6) who datΒ Saints= JameisΒ Winston or Taysom HillΒ Β πŸ€”Β or QB trade option? JW

#7) Panthers= Sam Darnold or Will Grier or PJ Hill?Β πŸ’© SD do or die...

#8) 49'ers= Jimmy G./Trey Lance/ Josh Rosen πŸ›‘Β stop! / Nate Sudfeld? or could this be a QB trade option? TL all the way

Β 

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 7:25 AM, Orion said:

All I can say is, the Browns absolutely DID move to Baltimore....and I don't care what technicality you wanted to bring up about it Gipper!ο»ΏΒ 

I dare you to say that into a mirror...

Β 

On 7/16/2021 at 7:56 PM, gumby73 said:

Β 

AFC

YES! Week 6.. this team is on theirΒ ByeΒ Week..Β  the- N.O. SAINTS ! Sean Payton has 2 years left on his contract.. Pick Master Winston should return..AndΒ I would not trustΒ SeanΒ Payton.. lπŸ‘€king the man, dead in hisΒ eyeballs.. No M.Thomas, screams Taysom Hill will needΒ to roamΒ in Payton's offense again.. Watson needs away from all of Houston, including all ofΒ  the State of Texas 🀠  Fresh start & man would thisΒ team be loaded..

#2) Pats= Cam Newton vsΒ  Matt Jones ?Β  Cam Newton

Β #3) Miami= Tua vs. Jacoby BrissettΒ πŸ‘€Β ? Trade option?Β  Tua..Β  Β  man i'd hate to see his jugs gunΒ number..but CMP's 64.1% of them hangers..

#4) Jets= Zach Wilson vs. Zach Wilson or the 2 guys you mightΒ never of heard of?Β Zach Wilson... with quite a Jets defense...

#5) Bengals= Is in fact Joe Burrow healthyΒ or is it Brandon Allen ?Β  Too much gutz in Joe Burrow not to start..and what a start from a defensive side..1.Vikings 2. Bears 3. Pitts..Β 

#6) Texans= D. Watson or Tyrod Taylor?Β πŸ‘€Β or could it beΒ rookie Travis Mills?Β  Tyrod Taylor starts..until? out of playoffs/or injured

#7) Denver= Drew Lock or Teddy Twatwater or aΒ sneaky QB trade option?Β  Drew Lock

#8) LVR= Derrek Carr or Marcus Marriota or a sneaky QB trade option?Β  Derrek CarrΒ 

NFC

#1) GB (of course)..Β Aaron Rodgers...Does he play? When?Β and with what team? Yes..Week 1.. GB Packers (traded nextΒ off-season)

#2) Eagles= Jalen Hurts or Joe Flacco ? or a QB trade option?Β  Jalen Hurts

#3) WFT= Fitzpatrick or Taylor Heinicke ? or QB trade option? Ryan Fitz-MagicΒ πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ

#4) da Bears!= Andy Dalton/ Nick Foles/ Justin Fields or a QB trade option?Β  Andy Dolt-on

#5) GB= Arron Rodgers/Jordan Love or Blake Bortles? or Is there a QB trade option here? A- Rod--gerrr!

Steamy #6) who datΒ Saints= JameisΒ Winston or Taysom HillΒ Β πŸ€”Β or QB trade option?Β  Jameis Winston..till SeanΒ Payton can't squint anymore, with hisΒ good team roster..

#7) Panthers= Sam Darnold or Will Grier or PJ Hill?Β πŸ’©Β  SaM- I - am- Darnold

#8) 49'ers= Jimmy G./Trey Lance/Β  Β  Jimmy G.. Opens with? Det/Philly/GB/Hawks/Zona...bye in week 6.. under .500 ?.. Welcome in Trey Lance !

Β 

God Bless ya GipperΒ πŸ™Β 

who's this Rapoport guy?Β ;)Β Β Β https://www.nfl.com/news/deshaun-watson-expected-to-report-to-texans-training-camp-sunday

On 7/25/2021 at 8:25 AM, gumby73 said:

$$$... if no report, then fines begin... going to need money for legal fees... lotsa money.

Β 

So much for "Happy Endings", Deshaun...