THE BROWNS BOARD

Cruella review

Cruella

Walt Disney

PG-13           134 min

Yeah, I realize it's easier to produce retreads than to think up brand new blockbuster ideas but sometimes that's OK. In the 1st place a little kid that saw 101 DALMATIANS back in 1961 is 60 years older now!  The Glen close live action version is almost 20. And a story is a story is a story if you've never heard it before it's brand new and if you have then maybe a little bit of extra information would be interesting. And that's the case here. And let's not forget that production values special effects cinematography has grown by leaps and bounds since the old days. This time around we are finding out how Cruella De Vil came to be the beotch she’s famous for being.  Kind of like the prequels BATES MOTEL, NURSE RATCHED and HANNIBAL.  Anyway the 1st order business is to decide whether or not you care. If you, do I suggest getting up off the couch and going to the flick and even if you don't, I think you should consider it, it’s a lot of fun and an interesting story. Set in that surreal kind of London period piece Disney does so well little Estella (Emma Stone) starts out her life as a cute little kid with a mean streak.   Her mother will die at the hands, or the paws, of the Dalmatians owned by the evil baroness a world-renowned fashion designer played by Emma Thompson.  Orphaned at alone two things will happen to change the child’s life forever. She will befriend a pair of street hustlers and eventually become the apprentice to that baroness as a fashion apprentice.   Eventually she learns the hard way that her faith and trust in the baroness are not warranted and the battle is on. Estella assumes the alter ego of Cruella and goes head-to-head in the fashion world making bigger and bigger headlines.  When the knowledge of the baroness involvement in her mother’s death dawns on her the story takes another twist as her grifter friends plan a sting.  I won't give you any more details but there are lots more to come.  Like everything Disney does the production the acting the set everything is impeccable and the story? It was a lot more interesting than I would have guessed.

B+

WSS

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Don't you have to pay like  30 bucks to get this on Disney Premium access? 

I don't know. I didn't check. I have Disney plus so I assume it's included.

Even if it is it costs more than 30 to go to the regal cinema with a small Diet Pepsi and a small popcorn

WSS

32 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't know. I didn't check. I have Disney plus so I assume it's included.

Even if it is it costs more than 30 to go to the regal cinema with a small Diet Pepsi and a small popcorn

WSS

I have Disney plus as well...but it said you had to pay the  $30.00    Do you to to the theater or see it via streaming? 

50 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I have Disney plus as well...but it said you had to pay the  $30.00    Do you to to the theater or see it via streaming? 

And like I said I got a small popcorn and I got a small Diet Pepsi and 2 tickets is over 30 bucks.

It's fine to watch some stuff on ATV but the experience of a theatre  shouldn't disappear as society regresses.

WSS

• Upvote 3

we (the mrs. and me) never stopped going to the theaters only until the lockdowns kept them closed.

when they opened up we watched i think 3 of the academy award nominies and didnt even know it. 

It is basically my thought about the whole covid ordeal and the fricking masks, Im with  you and others here 

who feel that it is entirely ok to be free from the emergency power-laden rules by our and probably Ohio's too (idiot)  governor .

But lastly, I probably might go and see this film Cruella from what you said on your review. 

9 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

we (the mrs. and me) never stopped going to the theaters only until the lockdowns kept them closed.

when they opened up we watched i think 3 of the academy award nominies and didnt even know it. 

It is basically my thought about the whole covid ordeal and the fricking masks, Im with  you and others here 

who feel that it is entirely ok to be free from the emergency power-laden rules by our and probably Ohio's too (idiot)  governor .

But lastly, I probably might go and see this film Cruella from what you said on your review. 

I think watching a movie at home on TV no matter how nice the TV and sounds system might be, costs it a litter grade.  Or more accurately seeing it in a theatre adds a letter grade to the experience. 

WSS