THE BROWNS BOARD

2021 Browns OTA's/rolls into Mandatory Camp

gumby73

Browns OTA's, began yesterday on Tuesday June 1st. https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/01/otas-begin-with-myles-garrett-practicing-attendance-slanted-toward-defense/

These are Voluntary team workouts, leading up to the Mandatory mini-camp from June 15th thru June 17th..

The Cleveland local media, is welcome into today's morning practice..

Team Browns & Player Updates are welcome here....

Here we go Brownies!.....Here We Go!   

Wild Card Round - Cleveland Browns v Pittsburgh Steelers

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Browns OTA's, began yesterday on Tuesday June 1st. https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/01/otas-begin-with-myles-garrett-practicing-attendance-slanted-toward-defense/

These are Voluntary team workouts, leading up to the Mandatory mini-camp from June 15th thru June 17th..

The Cleveland team media, is welcome into today's morning practice..

Team Bowns & Player Updates are welcome here....

Here we go Brownies!.....Here We Go!   

Wild Card Round - Cleveland Browns v Pittsburgh Steelers

Define "cleveland team media"...     Because I've used a personally witnessed example of the propaganda Nathan Zegura has to spew on a daily basis from OTA's and camp.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Define "cleveland team media"...     Because I've used a personally witnessed example of the propaganda Nathan Zegura has to spew on a daily basis from OTA's and camp.

I would think that a certified representative of The Browns Board  could qualify as a member of the "Cleveland Media".     How would one be credentialed?   Perhaps Kathy or Z  could give you something that would qualify.  

Do you.....or does anyone else  want the job?  

Westside Steve could perhaps qualify.   If I am not mistaken,  he still writes movie reviews for some magazine in town.    I think he used to do so for The Scene Magazine. (but no longer).   

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Nathan Zegura has given Jimmy a handie or 20 over the years, I'm convinced of this. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nathan Zegura has given Jimmy a handie or 20 over the years, I'm convinced of this. 

I mean, the economy is in shambles right now.  A man's gotta make a living.  

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I would think that a certified representative of The Browns Board  could qualify as a member of the "Cleveland Media".     How would one be credentialed?   Perhaps Kathy or Z  could give you something that would qualify.  

Do you.....or does anyone else  want the job?  

Westside Steve could perhaps qualify.   If I am not mistaken,  he still writes movie reviews for some magazine in town.    I think he used to do so for The Scene Magazine. (but no longer).   

Sadly, it's not that easy.  It would be very difficult for TBB to get a credential.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

moved out of Ohio, over 30 years ago..Have yet to listen to a Nathan Zegura daily podcast :) .. I get most Browns news reads from the Akron Beacon Journal..They seem the most modest on Browns news imho..(6 months/one dollar)

Scott Petrak, I'll trust on what players *actually* say... Here's Scott's update from Day 2 OTA's..  https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/02/notes-myles-garrett-not-at-all-worried-browns-are-falling-behind-chiefs-because-of-smaller-attendance-at-otas/

appreciate the work of Pluto & Jake Burns also..

Edit---simple edit post, of local media in*..& team media out*

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I mean, the economy is in shambles right now.  A man's gotta make a living.  

Sadly, it's not that easy.  It would be very difficult for TBB to get a credential.  

Why is that just out of curiosity? 

I mean, this is probably as..or more  legitimate of a forum for Browns news/discussion as any number of  "media outlets"  that perhaps get credentials.  I mean,  what does say, the Chardon Gazette provide in terms of Browns new coverage that this place can't provide? 

Day 2 news nuggets...

1) Fifty-five players on the Browns’ 90-man roster were on the field Wednesday, with a significant defensive contingent led by Garrett. Cornerback Denzel Ward, linebacker Anthony Walker and tackles Malik Jackson and Andrew Billings were among the expected starters to participate.

2) INJURY REPORT

Five of the 55 players watched the action as they deal with injuries: safety Grant Delpit, rookie receiver Anthony Schwartz, rookie linebacker Tony Fields II, receiver/returner JoJo Natson and defensive tackle Malik McDowell.(McDowell practiced in rookie minicamp last month but not Wednesday with an unknown injury.)

Delpit missed all of his rookie season in 2020 with a ruptured Achilles tendon and said last week he’s on track to be 100 percent for the start of training camp in late July. Natson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in Week 3 last year. Fields suffered a foot injury before rookie minicamp and is in a walking boot.

Schwartz’s left leg was in a sleeve, but Stefanski said he’s fine. The speedster was a third-round pick out of Auburn.

3) CALL HIM SLASH

Rookie sixth-round pick Demetric Felton is listed as a running back but went through receiver drills to open practice. After dropping a couple of passes in individual drills, he made a couple of nice grabs in team work.

“Versatility is a big deal,” Stefanski said. “Demetric played running back and wide receiver previously in college. He has done both with us already. He has been in both meetings. There have been times he is a running back for that day and a wide receiver the next day.

“It does speak to his versatility. It speaks to his ability to mentally handle that.”

19 hours ago, gumby73 said:

moved out of Ohio, over 30 years ago..Have yet to listen to a Nathan Zegura daily podcast :) .. I get most Browns news reads from the Akron Beacon Journal..They seem the most modest on Browns news imho..(6 months/one dollar)

Scott Petrak, I'll trust on what players *actually* say... Here's Scott's update from Day 2 OTA's..  https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/02/notes-myles-garrett-not-at-all-worried-browns-are-falling-behind-chiefs-because-of-smaller-attendance-at-otas/

appreciate the work of Pluto & Jake Burns also..

Edit---simple edit post, of local media in*..& team media out*

I won't be too hard on Nathan- as a paid Browns employee his job is to put a positive spin on everything... Ditto your take on the Beacon Journal and Pluto...  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Ditto your take on the Beacon Journal and Pluto...  

They do some solid honest work..

I get that it's early..But do you know any season ticket holders, giving up their seats for Zona or Denver games yet? I have a stepson, that's a die/(blow) -hard (denver) Donkey fan, that wants to make the trip up with me.. Some call him Micheal... But, we can call him 'Jackass'  image.jpeg.383f47b5b8261b20a04f1023302e2a9a.jpeg  no hurry, just gathering sources... Thanks!

21 hours ago, gumby73 said:

“Versatility is a big deal,” Stefanski said. “Demetric played running back and wide receiver previously in college. He has done both with us already. He has been in both meetings. There have been times he is a running back for that day and a wide receiver the next day.

“It does speak to his versatility. It speaks to his ability to mentally handle that.”

IMO, this guy is a lock to make the team.  He's a Berry/Stef type of guy.  I bet Berry & Stef drive hybrid cars.

45 minutes ago, Orion said:

IMO, this guy is a lock to make the team.  He's a Berry/Stef type of guy.  I bet Berry & Stef drive hybrid cars.

No way. Stef is a Philly kid and an athlete , he's got some horsepower under his hood... Ferrari. 

Berry is a 34 yo black kid with a Harvard degree running an NFL franchise ... Bentley. 

Z

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

No way. Stef is a Philly kid and an athlete , he's got some horsepower under his hood... Ferrari. 

Berry is a 34 yo black kid with a Harvard degree running an NFL franchise ... Bentley. 

Z

Here is Stefanski's ride.   Not real sure what this is.  Some top notch SUV:

News & Notes: What Kevin Stefanski stressed in 1st team meeting

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

Well.... O did not say "Prius"...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-24/ferrari-pitches-500-000-hybrid-supercar-as-a-bargain-daily-driver

https://www.bentleymotors.com/en/models/bentayga/bentayga-hybrid.html

I'm all about being sensible to help save mother Gaia.  But my white ass ain't driving a Prius to football practice.  I'll stick with my Honda and if I want to really cut back on gas for my 10min commute, I'll take a Ducati 696, stealth grey.  Also open to other more "naked" euro bikes.   You kids can keep your expensive and stupid ass plastic fairings on your crotch rockets.

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm all about being sensible to help save mother Gaia.  But my white ass ain't driving a Prius to football practice.  I'll stick with my Honda and if I want to really cut back on gas for my 10min commute, I'll take a Ducati 696, stealth grey.  Also open to other more "naked" euro bikes.   You kids can keep your expensive and stupid ass plastic fairings on your crotch rockets.

Here is your more eco-friendly option:

Talon 2 (2021) | Men Trail bike | Giant Bicycles United States

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

What is this "commute" of which you speak? :blink:

That thing us non-retired folks still have.

Edit: but had I gone more in on AMC stock when I did, I probably could have made enough to take a calendar year off and finish school in comfort.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is Stefanski's ride.   Not real sure what this is.  Some top notch SUV:

News & Notes: What Kevin Stefanski stressed in 1st team meeting

Ok ... wife and three kids explains that.

If Berry has kids he has one of those too.

Z

24 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Edit: but had I gone more in on AMC stock when I did, I probably could have made enough to take a calendar year off and finish school in comfort.

Me, too... except for the school bit...

Only made 500%... :D Sold a covered Call for my last 100 shares yesterday...

image.thumb.png.39ec333505b976b4dc5c448a8bc23eab.png

... but still have some BB and BBBY among other WSB favs...

... and an AMC put...

image.thumb.png.52f7a5291a1035c4b98ad5376531c32b.png

On 6/2/2021 at 10:53 PM, gumby73 said:

Rookie sixth-round pick Demetric Felton is listed as a running back but went through receiver drills to open practice. After dropping a couple of passes in individual drills, he made a couple of nice grabs in team work.

That we did not do more... a lot more... of this with Duke is testimony to how stupid Flipper and Hue and Hue and Freddy were.

Speaking of Hue.... isn't it about time for another story about how we done him wrong?

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Me, too... except for the school bit...

Only made 500%... :D Sold a covered Call for my last 100 shares yesterday...

image.thumb.png.39ec333505b976b4dc5c448a8bc23eab.png

... but still have some BB and BBBY among other WSB favs...

... and an AMC put...

image.thumb.png.52f7a5291a1035c4b98ad5376531c32b.png

Was looking at BB before the climb. Honestly I should have gotten into anything that produces silicon back in December.  Manufacturing stock is up slot across the board in the last 5months  

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is your more eco-friendly option:

Talon 2 (2021) | Men Trail bike | Giant Bicycles United States

We have the bike to work month out here in good old San Dee.  And although the weather is ideal...No thanks...too many uninsured reckless fools on the roads here.  

We also have a few electric golf cart communities.  Slightly safer option but you aren’t going on any interstate trips with those. 

Berry and Stefanski guaranteed Large SUV families - Kids and big grocery trips change everything.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That we did not do more... a lot more... of this with Duke is testimony to how stupid Flipper and Hue and Hue and Freddy were.

Speaking of Hue.... isn't it about time for another story about how we done him wrong?

He’s working on screwing up the Tenn St. offense and probably making some side calls to the real professional team in Tennesee.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Spoke to a Falcons fan at work yesterday.. He's big on us trading Kareem Hunt for Julio Jones.👀 Plus our mid-rounder next season..Falcons need a feature RB in the worst way..

How much do we like Felton & De'Ernest behind Chubby?  Julio at 32..I just can't see us adding that JJ cap number... I told him "we'll pass on that trade"  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Spoke to a Falcons fan at work yesterday.. He's big on us trading Kareem Hunt for Julio Jones.👀 Plus our mid-rounder next season..Falcons need a feature RB in the worst way..

How much do we like Felton & De'Ernest behind Chubby?  Julio at 32..I just can't see us adding that JJ cap number... I told him "we'll pass on that trade"  

Not me.

I really like the Kareem Hunt angry running style and I think he’s a perfect complement to Chubb and an elite pass catcher out of the backfield.  There were times this past year where Hunt had the hot hand when the holes weren’t opening up.  Hunt gets those 4/5 yard gains when nothing is there and I’ll take the insurance of having hunt or Chubb if god forbid one of them goes down 

Call me crazy but I think he’s a better option in this offense than Julio. 

But I don’t know what we do with Chubb Hunt Djohnson and Felton - is there a way to keep them all? 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Not me.

I really like the Kareem Hunt angry running style and I think he’s a perfect complement to Chubb and an elite pass catcher out of the backfield.  There were times this past year where Hunt had the hot hand when the holes weren’t opening up.  Hunt gets those 4/5 yard gains when nothing is there. 

Call me crazy but I think he’s a better option in this offense than Julio. 

But I don’t know what we do with Chubb Hunt Djohnson and Felton - is there a way to keep them all? 

What I witnessed at Titans game live last season👀 still bothers me..

Baker can't see Hunt thru them tall trees.. We made a adjustment at halftime, that had Baker tossing to a soft zone area where Hunt would than appear..That was a nice site adjustment on the coaching staffs part, that we have not seen here in a while...Credit Baker also

I don't see a way of keeping all 4 RB's... And as we saw last season... The 4 protected* PS players can be swooped up, with a trade directly after a game... which...(That needs fixed NFL)

Berry might favor Felton over De'Ernie at this point?

BUtt...De'Ernest was the last protector before the punter..De'Ernest would also not shy away from tackling folks on special teams either . Can Felton do any of this besides returning kicks? 

Stay tuned....cause that's what these camps have the purpose of deciding...

EDIT---- 

Cleveland Browns sign 2nd round draft pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah  JOK has signed his rookie deal 👍 https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/04/cleveland-browns-sign-2nd-round-draft-pick-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah/

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1