THE BROWNS BOARD

Destination recommendations

LondonBrown

As usual when the English soccer season ends I take some time away from sports gambling. I am currently in the States up in New Jersey and just got back from a weekend in Boston watching sports and now looking to head somewhere else in the States at the end of this week.

Looking for somewhere where the weather is pleasant but not crazy hot as I’m a pale Northern European! Where food and beer prices are reasonable (unlike Boston 😆) and I can get a reasonably priced flight and accommodation. I’m single and in my late 30s so a decent bar scene of an evening is required. 

Vegas is a no for now as I’ll probably have that weekend as a blowout towards end of the month as opposed to now. I looked at Myrtle Beach flights are pretty reasonable but all and any advice will be much appreciated. 

58 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

As usual when the English soccer season ends I take some time away from sports gambling. I am currently in the States up in New Jersey and just got back from a weekend in Boston watching sports and now looking to head somewhere else in the States at the end of this week.

Looking for somewhere where the weather is pleasant but not crazy hot as I’m a pale Northern European! Where food and beer prices are reasonable (unlike Boston 😆) and I can get a reasonably priced flight and accommodation. I’m single and in my late 30s so a decent bar scene of an evening is required. 

Vegas is a no for now as I’ll probably have that weekend as a blowout towards end of the month as opposed to now. I looked at Myrtle Beach flights are pretty reasonable but all and any advice will be much appreciated. 

As you may or may not  know, I am the king of this sort of thing.  In fact, I could probably even help you out with a reasonably priced place to stay (condo style).  If you would PM me,  I can provide you with more details.   First.....give me some parameters.  Do you need a beach absolutely?  Or not.   Do you want close to a major city?   How long do you want to stay?  What are the precise dates you want to go?   How many in your party.  How far from New Jersey do you want to travel? Or how close.   Are you willing to fly or do you want to drive?   How "upscale" do you want the place you would stay to be?  For what I am talking about,  this time of year is a bit tougher, as many units  are taken after Memorial Day.  

Denver Colorado with a side trip to Estes Park to see the Rockies at their most spectacular. Great weather this time of the year and usually sunny. Mountains will still have snow on the summits. Flights are easy to get non-stop.

• Upvote 1