THE BROWNS BOARD

Mahomes thinks Chiefs can go 20-0

The Gipper

Saw where  Patrick Mahomes  wants to see his Chiefs go 20-0 this year.   (He was not really predicting it in an arrogant manner, he just said he has his eyes on doing so).

I say the Browns  dash those dreams in game one and let them start out  0-1. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

The more games they schedule for the regular season, the less likely you'll see a team go for an undefeated season.

By a time a team is 15-0 they'll probably be 2 or 3 games ahead of everyone else for home field advantage, but still will have two more regular season games. The Chiefs going to chance Mahomes getting banged up AGAIN for the playoffs so they can go 17-0? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Saw where  Patrick Mahomes  wants to see his Chiefs go 20-0 this year.   (He was not really predicting it in an arrogant manner, he just said he has his eyes on doing so).

I say the Browns  dash those dreams in game one and let them start out  0-1. 

:lol:

Undefeated ?  Maybe several decades ago not now.

• Upvote 2

Just a bit of history on  undefeated seasons:

Pre 1932:/playoffs: 

Team Wins Losses Ties Other
1920 Akron Pros season 8 0 3 1 game canceled
1922 Canton Bulldogs season 10 0 2 -
1923 Canton Bulldogs season 11 0 1 -
1929 Green Bay Packers season 12 0 1 -

Post 1932:

Team Wins Losses Playoff results Final result
1934 Chicago Bears season 13 0 Lost NFL Championship Game against New York Giants 13–1
1942 Chicago Bears season 11 0 Lost NFL Championship Game against Washington Redskins 11–1
1972 Miami Dolphins season 14 0 Won three playoff games including Super Bowl VII against Washington Redskins 17–0
2007 New England Patriots season 16 0 Won two playoff games before losing in Super Bowl XLII against New York Giants 18–1

1948 Cleveland Browns[edit]

The Browns were a member of the All-America Football Conference, a professional football league that played from 1946 to 1949. In 1948, the Browns won all fourteen regular season games and the 1948 AAFC championship to post a 15–0–0 record. Cleveland's perfect 1948 season was part of a longer string of 29 straight wins, which stretched from 1947 to 1949 and included both the 1947 and 1948 title games. Overall, the Browns won all four AAFC championship games and were accepted into the NFL when the two leagues merged after the 1949 season.

• Upvote 1

nah Kermit 🐸... that's not happening...

Sunday
Sep. 12cleveland.pngCleveland BrownsArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO4:25pm ETCBSBuy TicketsSunday
Sep. 19baltimore.pngat Baltimore RavensM&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD8:20pm ETNBCBuy TicketsSunday
Sep. 26Los Angeles ChargersLos Angeles ChargersArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO1:00pm ETCBSBuy TicketsSunday
Oct. 3philadelphia.pngat Philadelphia EaglesLincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA1:00pm ETCBSBuy TicketsSunday
Oct. 10buffalo-nfl.pngBuffalo BillsArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO8:20pm ETNBCBuy TicketsSunday
Oct. 17Washingtonat Washington Football TeamFedExField, Landover, MD1:00pm ETCBSBuy TicketsSunday
Oct. 24tennessee-nfl.pngat Tennessee TitansNissan Stadium, Nashville, TN1:00pm ETCBSBuy TicketsMonday
Nov. 1ny_giants.pngNew York GiantsArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO8:15pm ETESPNBuy TicketsSunday
Nov. 7green_bay.pngGreen Bay PackersArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO4:25pm ETFOXBuy TicketsSunday
Nov. 14Las Vegas Raidersat Las Vegas RaidersAllegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NV8:20pm ETNBCBuy TicketsSunday
Nov. 21dallas.pngDallas CowboysArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO4:25pm ETFOXBuy TicketsSunday
Nov. 28BYESunday
Dec. 5denver.pngDenver BroncosArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO1:00pm ETCBSBuy TicketsSunday
Dec. 12Las Vegas RaidersLas Vegas RaidersArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO1:00pm ETCBSBuy TicketsThursday
Dec. 16Los Angeles Chargersat Los Angeles ChargersSoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA8:20pm ETFOX/NFLN/AMAZONBuy TicketsSunday
Dec. 26pittsburgh.pngPittsburgh SteelersArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO4:25pm ETCBSBuy TicketsSunday
Jan. 2cincinnati-nfl.pngat Cincinnati BengalsPaul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH1:00pm ETCBSBuy TicketsSunday
Jan. 9denver.pngat Denver BroncosEmpower Field at Mile High, Denver, CO4:25pm ETCBSBuy Tickets

the guys got game & contracted to make over 100 Million to prove it... sounds like the right player to say this...#talkischeap   

"Thinks" and "can" is kinda far short of a Joe Willie guarantee...

Agree it ain't happenin', but who would expect that QB on that team to say any different?

Hell... I'll bet Baker has had the same thought

Aside...

Is it just me or does nickers in that avatar pic look like he has some Klingon in him?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

"Thinks" and "can" is kinda far short of a Joe Willie guarantee...

Agree it ain't happenin', but who would expect that QB on that team to say any different?

Hell... I'll bet Baker has had the same thought

Aside...

Is it just me or does nickers in that avatar pic look like he has some Klingon in him?

Here's me at my Sisters Wedding Oct last year... I'd say more like Jabba The Hut LOL!!!

EDIT: Cameras have a strange way of distorting your image and making people look bigger or heavier than they really are

Jabba The Hut.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, nickers said:

Here's me at my Sisters Wedding Oct last year... I'd say more like Jabba The Hut LOL!!!

EDIT: Cameras have a strange way of distorting your image and making people look bigger or heavier than they really are

Jabba The Hut.jpg

Sweet guitar you got! You almost have a classical guitar stance there lol. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Sweet huitar you got! You almost have a classical guitar stance there lol. 

Solid body guitars rule!!! Fender Stratocaster... I'm a leftie like my hero Jimi Hendrix- never in my wildest dreams could I ever reach the top frets on one (other than ordering up a custom made one).   So I had to settle for a double cut out... :)   Gretch Corvette, & BTW, mine has a wham bar on it, with double pickups... .  :)  

Gretsch+Corvette+in+Milwaukee+for+%24400.jpg

Like this...  Of course I had to flip it in reverse...  I'm not as talented as Doyle Bramhall another leftie- who managed to flip a right handed guitar at Crossroads upside down and play it decently...  against all the logic you ever learned- pick up, not down, and your chords are ass- backwards too... Believe me- I've been asked to try... and in case you're wondering- I'd currently be hard pressed to play the three chord intro to Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water, I'm so out of practice.  :)     

1965 Gretsch Corvette Cherry Red > Guitars Electric Solid Body | Gary's  Classic Guitars LLC

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Solid body guitars rule!!! Fender Stratocaster... I'm a leftie like my hero Jimi Hendrix- never in my wildest dreams could I ever reach the top frets on one (other than ordering up a custom made one).   So I had to settle for a double cut out... :)   Gretch Corvette, & BTW, mine has a wham bar on it, with double pickups... .  :)  

Gretsch+Corvette+in+Milwaukee+for+%24400.jpg

Like this...  Of course I had to flip it in reverse...  I'm not as talented as Doyle Bramhall another leftie- who managed to flip a right handed guitar at Crossroads upside down and play it decently...  against all the logic you ever learned- pick up, not down, and your chords are ass- backwards too... Believe me- I've been asked to try... and in case you're wondering- I'd currently be hard pressed to play the three chord intro to Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water, I'm so out of practice.  :)     

1965 Gretsch Corvette Cherry Red > Guitars Electric Solid Body | Gary's  Classic Guitars LLC

Check out Eric Gales.. Another cool Lefty...

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Check out Eric Gales.. Another cool Lefty...

Yup, and Kurt Cobain was another. Ditto Paul McCartney.  :)  We're about as uncommon as left handed golfers- like Phil Mickelson....  & FWIW, I tried playing golf left handed, but wound up playing righty- very poorly I might add...  I mentioned it before, Jack Nicklaus is left handed- but golfs right.  

It's one of those weird things about nature, there's really no reason a person should favor one hand over the other, but 80% of the world is right handed.  PS- I played tennis left handed, and was fairly good at it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Yup, and Kurt Cobain was another. Ditto Paul McCartney.  :)  We're about as uncommon as left handed golfers- like Phil Mickelson....  & FWIW, I tried playing golf left handed, but wound up playing righty- very poorly I might add...  I mentioned it before, Jack Nicklaus is left handed- but golfs right.  

It's one of those weird things about nature, there's really no reason a person should favor one hand over the other, but 80% of the world is right handed.  PS- I played tennis left handed, and was fairly good at it.  

Some are ambidextrous:     My sister  writes and eats left handed,  but she always threw a ball  right handed.    I don't know about how she batted or would play golf...never saw her do either. 

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Some are ambidextrous:     My sister  writes and eats left handed,  but she always threw a ball  right handed.    I don't know about how she batted or would play golf...never saw her do either. 

LOL, I'll go way off topic... I have no proof since I can't ask him- but my cat Norman is left pawed.   When he's playing, always swats with his left. Takes after his Dad.  :)  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Most of the best golfers I know are lefties who play right-handed.

Cruel secret of the game is you want the leading arm to be the stronger for swing control.

And yes... there are examples of righties who golf lefty... one just won the PGA...

https://golf.com/instruction/phil-mickelson-right-handed-swings-lefty/

• Upvote 1

Here's a odd something... 🧐

JoJo Natson..Troy Hill..John Johnson..Khadarel Hodge and Kareem Hunt all played in this 2018 instant classic game...Rams 54 KC 51...(only meeting in forever) 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201811190ram.htm

noted...

Look at those👀 John Johnson..Travis Kelce & Reek Hill stat lines...  (bring your war paint)

On 5/31/2021 at 4:24 PM, The Gipper said:

Just a bit of history on  undefeated seasons:

Pre 1932:/playoffs: 

Team Wins Losses Ties Other
1920 Akron Pros season 8 0 3 1 game canceled
1922 Canton Bulldogs season 10 0 2 -
1923 Canton Bulldogs season 11 0 1 -
1929 Green Bay Packers season 12 0 1 -

Post 1932:

Team Wins Losses Playoff results Final result
1934 Chicago Bears season 13 0 Lost NFL Championship Game against New York Giants 13–1
1942 Chicago Bears season 11 0 Lost NFL Championship Game against Washington Redskins 11–1
1972 Miami Dolphins season 14 0 Won three playoff games including Super Bowl VII against Washington Redskins 17–0
2007 New England Patriots season 16 0 Won two playoff games before losing in Super Bowl XLII against New York Giants 18–1

1948 Cleveland Browns[edit]

The Browns were a member of the All-America Football Conference, a professional football league that played from 1946 to 1949. In 1948, the Browns won all fourteen regular season games and the 1948 AAFC championship to post a 15–0–0 record. Cleveland's perfect 1948 season was part of a longer string of 29 straight wins, which stretched from 1947 to 1949 and included both the 1947 and 1948 title games. Overall, the Browns won all four AAFC championship games and were accepted into the NFL when the two leagues merged after the 1949 season.

do a history of winless seasons, Steelers had one before we did.

😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

do a history of winless seasons, Steelers had one before we did.

😂😂😂

Wet dreams are dangerous...

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2021 at 5:07 PM, hoorta said:

Phil Mickelson is completely right handed. He learned his left handed swing by mirroring his fathers opposite swing

• 4 weeks later...

How's Chiefs Kingdom?.. Kink #1.. 

It’s just that under head coach Andy Reid, the Chiefs have seldom faced this particular problem to begin a season — and this is hardly the first time since his arrival where significant parts of the Week 1 line were unsettled before training camp has begun.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/6/29/22555567/pff-calls-chiefs-offensive-line-chemistry-a-major-concern-for-2021

LT 57 Brown, Orlando T/Bal 00 Miller, Wyatt SF21            
LG 62 Thuney, Joe U/NE 73 Allegretti, Nick 19/7 65 Smith, Trey 21/6 79 Durant, Yasir CF20    
C 66 Blythe, Austin U/LAR 52 Humphrey, Creed 21/2 64 Williams, Darryl CF20        
RG 69 LONG, KYLE SF21 76 DUVERNAY-TARDIF, LAURENT 14/6 77 Wylie, Andrew SF17        
RT 75 REMMERS, MIKE U/NYG 67 Niang, Lucas 20/3 70 Wanogho, Prince Tega SF21

PFF ranks the KC OL as a fair #7.. A Browns defensive line lack of chemistry just waiting to happen...

defensive Edit---All of that likely contributes to why the Kansas City Chiefs are planning to take one of their best interior defensive players, Chris Jones, and move him out on the edge more this upcoming season.

75 days away & Good Bye June.... 

The starting O line for KC is much more likely to be

LT Brown

LG Thuney

C Humphrey

RG T. Smith

RT. Niang.

It will take some time to get chemistry whoever they roll with, but the talent upgrade across the board will outweigh that 10 fold.

This line is going  to be outstanding.  Trey Smith will prove to be the steal of the entire draft.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 5:10 PM, Pat Mahomo said:

The starting O line for KC is much more likely to be

LT Brown

LG Thuney

C Humphrey

RG T. Smith

RT. Niang.

This line is going  to be outstanding.  Trey Smith will prove to be the steal of the entire draft.

From the day Trey Smith left the Senior Bowl. There was noway I saw him sitting until the 6th round.. His non-Combine medicals..Cost him far more than JOK's did. 

Trey's only taken 2 snaps at your projected RG spot..https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/trey-smith/62960/draft-profile  makes me wonder if his anchor foot (clots) becomes a issue moving him to the right side? 🤔

Wait ! Non-KC sports trivia time...Name a Cleveland Brown nor non-star that could get this lucky? https://fox4kc.com/sports/arraignment-and-plea-hearing-scheduled-for-chiefs-frank-clark/ 

It starts with.. KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark will face a judge in Los Angeles County in the middle of the NFL season.

What will the NfL Or Andy Reid ponder?

I doubt undefeated, but I can see why he'd think that. I'm betting on the Chiefs to win week 1, that's for sure. Week 1, on the road, AT Kansas City? And we haven't won an opener since 'Nam? Yeah, give me all that action. 

40 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I doubt undefeated, but I can see why he'd think that. I'm betting on the Chiefs to win week 1, that's for sure. Week 1, on the road, AT Kansas City? And we haven't won an opener since 'Nam? Yeah, give me all that action. 

Hey jigs what's happening in sunny north Florida ?  And no doubt the 4 pm CLE/KC game will be a premier NFL game with Cleveland +6.5 underdogs and a tough matchup in KC.  I think the BROWNS' might cover but a win will be tough.   

And PIT +6.5 in BUF and the rest of WEEK 1 Only BAL -4 in Vegas is an AFCN favorite.   https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=1139

Oh and the money line too.

Screenshot_2021-07-21_183048.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-21_185111.jpg

• Like 1

Hey there! Things are going pretty well down here, just hotter than Hades. I'm extremely excited for the season, although to me it kind of feels a bit like 2019. Very high expectations, darlings of the media...kind of scares me. Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe this is the best team we've had in 30 years, but something is gnawing at me....

Perhaps it's the decades of losing, crazy bad things happening, or whatever else, but I don't think we're going to win 13-14 games like many fans I speak to believe. Our schedule is NOT fun, mostly because our division is murderous. The Bengals gave us FITS last year, the Ravens are absolutely stout, and I don't believe for ONE second the Steelers will suck. 

Does that mean we can't make the playoffs, win the division, or even the Superbowl? Of course not. I just don't believe we're going to cruise whatsoever. Winning in the NFL is just so damn difficult, and I need to see a LOT from our new defense. When I go back and watch video from last year, the amount of times our defense couldn't seal the deal was staggering. 

Alas, I'm excited. BEYOND excited. We are extremely talented with a terrific coach. I adore so many of our players and for the first time in basically my adult life, we're a serious threat to any team in the league. Do I wish we played the damn Texans first? Yeah, I do. God forbid we get an effing layup week 1. But hey, the Chiefs aren't invulnerable, and if anyone can beat them, it might be us. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...