THE BROWNS BOARD

It ain't over 'til it's over...

Tour2ma

46 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Worst part of this board is how left it is. Ugh. 

Just go over to the polyboard. You won't be disappointed. All your friends have a wonderful circle jerk going and you will fit right in.🙌

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

I was going to use another analogy with me requiring my employees to be vegetarian and eat only what I provide (it's safe - I promise!), coupled with daily weigh-ins and weight limits, all to save them from the leading cause of death on this planet every second of every day..... Ah shit, I did it anyway. My bad. 😂

Alright, I'll slither out of this thread now and let you all wring your hands freely and without judgment... After this of course: 

5bfi1x.jpg

You are obviously, solidly in the right here dbone...

I mean, you have DieHardBrownsFan and nickers backing you up. 

It doesn't get any better than that. 😉

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Like the leftie fags have going on over here😂

Remember that time when you got your feelings so hurt that you demanded to be tossed off this board?

Man, what a snowflake you are. That had to be so embarrassing. I'd be surprised you actually came back here after that, but judging by your work here, I highly doubt anyone in your real life wants anything to do with you, so I guess trolling this board is about all you have, huh NeverHardBrownsFan? 

That's just sad. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Remember that time when you got your feelings so hurt that you demanded to be tossed off this board?

Man, what a snowflake you are. That had to be so embarrassing. I'd be surprised you actually came back here after that, but judging by your work here, I highly doubt anyone in your real life wants anything to do with you, so I guess trolling this board is about all you have, huh NeverHardBrownsFan? 

That's just sad. 

You seem infatuated with my being able or not to get an erection.  Your girlfriend liked it just fine.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You seem infatuated with my being able or not to get an erection.  Your girlfriend liked it just fine.

I think it is pretty obvious that a man who storms off a message board because of an epic case of butthurt and demands to be banned isn't a guy who is going to be able to give anyone's girlfriend anything "they would like just fine"...

This place is all you have, isn't it? No one in your life pays attention to you, and trolling this place is all you have, right? That's why you had to crawl back here with your tail between your legs... So, so sad. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think it is pretty obvious that a man who storms off a message board because of an epic case of butthurt and demands to be banned isn't a guy who is going to be able to give anyone's girlfriend anything "they would like just fine"...

This place is all you have, isn't it? No one in your life pays attention to you, and trolling this place is all you have, right? That's why you had to crawl back here with your tail between your legs... So, so sad. 

Newb.

• Haha 1

A gas cylinder delivery driver that I spend some time at work with, just about every day, and was against getting the vaccine, got covid from his wife and was out of work for 5 weeks.  He's in his mid 50's and in pretty good shape.  I asked him about it and he told me that he got quite sick and wound up with a fever for 8 days.  He saw his Dr. and the Dr. asked him why he didn't get the shot.  He said that he knew of people that got the shot and STILL got covid.  His Dr. said, "Yeah, you can still get it, but you won't get it like YOU got it".  So he told his Dr. he shoulda' got the shot.

This driver's a good enough guy.  Loves football (and his Patriots).  We talk football all the time.  But he's a typical Trump supporter who thinks the government is putting stuff in the vaccine to do harm (or something) to us.  

Since the vaccine has come out in the US, and so many people have gotten the vaccine, the number of covid cases and deaths have gone down in the US substantially.  It's not a coincidence.  Getting the vaccine makes it harder to get covid.  I got 2 shots of Pfizer.  My arm hurt for a day and a half after the first one.  Not even a day after the 2nd.  I may have felt extra tired for a day after each.....but I'm 65....so it's hard to tell.  :)     * Your results may vary *

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Well then they should tell that to half of the employees at Meyer Snow Products where I used to work... The plant Manager, The Union President , And the plant Foreman were always drunk and stoned by 9 am every morning putting everyone's life in jeopardy... The hypocrisy is amazing... Especially since I incurred a back injury due to some idiots ignorance but got off on the fact my piss wound up dirty.. But here's the kicker.. I never drank or got high on the job like these assholes do.. I always kept my business at home. I had to do 12 weeks of Drug rehab which was a total farce.. meanwhile the plant Foreman was tootin coke all day long...

Sure, of course- there's places like that with lax rules- especially for supervisory staff...  But they're by far the exception, not the rule.  Depending on how far back that was- anymore, companies certainly don't want to be held liable should an impaired employee cause an incident. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Like the leftie fags have going on over here😂

Well then- you don't have to post here. I've actually let the back and forth insulting in this thread slide- for now.  :)   I'm trying to avoid posting stuff on the poli board for a couple of reasons. 

1) Even if - I believe there's around three of us- post anything on the poli board that's factual, but not some damn right wing propaganda that's straight out of The Blaze, Red State, or something similar-  we get accused of being anti American communists with a bad cases of TDS. Don't dare criticize the Orange Man, but it's fine and dandy to rip Joe Biden to shreds- every day. The hypocrisy is stunning. 

2) On a personal level, I've now got a smart ass obsessive compulsive stalker there who has to  get the last word in every time I put up a post, and toss in a personal insult on top of it. 

3) I've come to realize it's an exercise in futility- regardless how many objective facts you toss out- you're not going to change anyone's mind from their set right wing POV... I just keep seeing the same mantras and whataboutism... over and over- So why bother...  

4) And because of me being a Moderator, I feel it's beneath my dignity to mud wrestle with some of the denizens of that board on their level. I'm human- and there's been a few times I've been provoked past my breaking point.  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

A gas cylinder delivery driver that I spend some time at work with, just about every day, and was against getting the vaccine, got covid from his wife and was out of work for 5 weeks.  He's in his mid 50's and in pretty good shape.  I asked him about it and he told me that he got quite sick and wound up with a fever for 8 days.  He saw his Dr. and the Dr. asked him why he didn't get the shot.  He said that he knew of people that got the shot and STILL got covid.  His Dr. said, "Yeah, you can still get it, but you won't get it like YOU got it".  So he told his Dr. he shoulda' got the shot.

This driver's a good enough guy.  Loves football (and his Patriots).  We talk football all the time.  But he's a typical Trump supporter who thinks the government is putting stuff in the vaccine to do harm (or something) to us.  

Since the vaccine has come out in the US, and so many people have gotten the vaccine, the number of covid cases and deaths have gone down in the US substantially.  It's not a coincidence.  Getting the vaccine makes it harder to get covid.  I got 2 shots of Pfizer.  My arm hurt for a day and a half after the first one.  Not even a day after the 2nd.  I may have felt extra tired for a day after each.....but I'm 65....so it's hard to tell.  :)     * Your results may vary *

Let's get back on topic.... As to the effectiveness of the vaccines. Said it before- 95% isn't 100% effective.  We're seeing more than a few "breakthrough" infections of people who have been vaccinated.. The anti vaxxers will have a field day with that one. Just like this is an "experimental" vaccine. The fact is- the groundwork to to develop it was laid years ago looking for an effective vaccine against Ebola.  Speaking of- if covid was as nasty as that jungle rot, you'd have to think there would be a mad stampede to get vaccinated against it ASAP.  No political football there.   

PS & FYI... One of my good friends was in the trial of the Pfizer vaccine. Take this FWIW according to him....  This vaccine could have been made available by the summer of 2020 IF the FDA had allowed the participants in the study to be challenged by exposure to the live virus. Nope, we can't do that, too dangerous...  

I'm a J&J beta tester. I got the shot about a month ago so I can travel to see my daughter. I can see the writing on the new world wall and want to be able to live normally. I was sick for 18hrs and my resting heart rate went from 58 to 77-80 for 17 days after the shot, it's back to normal now. 

I could care less about myself, but my 25yr old daughter was forced to get it in Australia because she works as a health care professional. She got her 1st AstraZeneca shot 2 days ago, and I worry about her future.

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm a J&J beta tester. I got the shot about a month ago so I can travel to see my daughter. I can see the writing on the new world wall and want to be able to live normally. I was sick for 18hrs and my resting heart rate went from 58 to 77-80 for 17 days after the shot, it's back to normal now. 

I could care less about myself, but my 25yr old daughter was forced to get it in Australia because she works as a health care professional. She got her 1st AstraZeneca shot 2 days ago, and I worry about her future.

My kid sister was a part of the A-Z trials and as soon as the Pfizer became available (she is in a med rehab facility) she asked A-Z if she could get the Pfizer. They then and only then told her she was not in the placebo group and asked her not to get it yet so that they could continue to follow her long term. She plans to get the Pfizer as soon as she is released by A-Z from the trials. As Dr. Klotman (Pres.-Baylor Col of Med) advised in his video this week that the residual risks involved with all vaccines is very  minimal, but the long term risks of residuals of COVID if you survive are far more risky. He advised anyone with kids 12-17 to get them the vaccine since schools are obviously going to go back to "normal" by this coming school year. One of my kids had his 13 y.o. get the Pfizer because he had severe childhood asthma. The other is going to see if any risks come out for her 12 and 14 y.o. kids, but decide in time for at least 3 weeks before schools resume. She's leaning towards them getting the Pfizer after I told her about Dr. Klotman's research based opinion (not political at all).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Look what they've done to my thread, Ma...

I'll close this one, h... ;)

EDIT: Well... would if I could, but not an OP option any longer...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Look what they've done to my thread, Ma...

I'll close this one, h... ;)

EDIT: Well... would if I could, but not an OP option any longer...

I think it was worthwhile to go a little off topic here and discuss the relative merits of the vaccines Tour... 

Just my personal POV in that regard... If you have a choice- get the Pfizer vaccine (I did)... Way less side effects, and no serious reactions to it that I'm aware of.  :)   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My kid sister was a part of the A-Z trials and as soon as the Pfizer became available (she is in a med rehab facility) she asked A-Z if she could get the Pfizer. They then and only then told her she was not in the placebo group and asked her not to get it yet so that they could continue to follow her long term. She plans to get the Pfizer as soon as she is released by A-Z from the trials. As Dr. Klotman (Pres.-Baylor Col of Med) advised in his video this week that the residual risks involved with all vaccines is very  minimal, but the long term risks of residuals of COVID if you survive are far more risky. He advised anyone with kids 12-17 to get them the vaccine since schools are obviously going to go back to "normal" by this coming school year. One of my kids had his 13 y.o. get the Pfizer because he had severe childhood asthma. The other is going to see if any risks come out for her 12 and 14 y.o. kids, but decide in time for at least 3 weeks before schools resume. She's leaning towards them getting the Pfizer after I told her about Dr. Klotman's research based opinion (not political at all).

Besides school- looks like we'll be back to normal for football this fall too.  :)  

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I think it was worthwhile to go a little off topic here and discuss the relative merits of the vaccines Tour... 

Just my personal POV in that regard... If you have a choice- get the Pfizer vaccine (I did)... Way less side effects, and no serious reactions to it that I'm aware of.  :)   

I got the Moderna.

My 5G reception is hella good. 

• Haha 1

Well... if you can't close 'em... join 'em.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

As with D.O. Moderna here as well.

24 hours after dose #2 I knew it was kicking in as I had the fever (101F) to prove it. No biggie... during a 4-hour nap it broke.

Thing is while we call the vax Moderna and Pfizer, both RDNAs owe their "existence" to a NIH scientist, Dr. Kizzekia "Kizzy" Corbett. It's a pretty cool success story of our government lab programs. https://abcnews.go.com/Health/kizzmekia-corbett-african-american-woman-praised-key-scientist/story?id=74679965

On 5/28/2021 at 10:07 PM, nickers said:

That's unconstitutional... Typical Lib bullshit!

No.  It isn't.  There is absolutely no governmental action involved in an employer requiring certain things as a condition of employment, particularly for health and safety reasons.   Like requiring a drug test, or any number of other impositions employer's make on their employees as a condition of employment.  Hell, when I worked in a grocery store while in college,  I could not sport facial hair.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2021 at 2:20 PM, D Bone said:

Now that the precedent has been set, I'm an employer and will immediately require anyone working for me to take my non FDA approved injection that reverses anyone afflicted with dumbassism, and prevents it in those yet inflicted.

I will not be held responsible if it gives them cancer in 3 years or makes them grow a flipper either..... Fuck! This is gonna be sweet!  

If only something like that actually existed. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:38 PM, nickers said:

Well then they should tell that to half of the employees at Meyer Snow Products where I used to work... The plant Manager, The Union President , And the plant Foreman were always drunk and stoned by 9 am every morning putting everyone's life in jeopardy... The hypocrasy is amazing... Especially since I incurred a back injury due to some idiots ignorance but got off on the fact my piss wound up dirty.. But here's the kicker.. I never drank or got high on the job like these assholes do.. I always kept my business at home. I had to do 12 weeks of Drug rehab which was a total farce.. meanwhile the plant Foreman was tootin coke all day long...

Well, OK, so, you had fucking idiots as an employer.    Of course, that was somewhat implicit in the fact that they let you work there in the first place!!🤣😜🤢

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well, OK, so, you had fucking idiots as an employer.    Of course, that was somewhat implicit in the fact that they let you work there in the first place!!🤣😜🤢

(  !  ) <--- Kiss the Moon!

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No.  It isn't.  There is absolutely no governmental action involved in an employer requiring certain things as a condition of employment, particularly for health and safety reasons.   Like requiring a drug test, or any number of other impositions employer's make on their employees as a condition of employment.  Hell, when I worked in a grocery store while in college,  I could not sport facial hair.  

To a point  Gipper.  You well know the government commandments. Thou shalt not discriminate on the basis of... Pick one. 

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

To a point  Gipper.  You well know the government commandments. Thou shalt not discriminate on the basis of... Pick one. 

......a protected class. :

The seventh amendment of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, outlines five major protected classes: race, color, religion, sex and national origin. There are now also protections for physical or mental disability, reprisal and, most recently added, sexual orientation.

On 5/31/2021 at 12:30 AM, hoorta said:

You well know the government commandments. Thou shalt not discriminate on the basis of... Pick one. 

Of course the counterbalance is an employer's obligation to protect both employees and customer from unreasonable risks.