THE BROWNS BOARD

Getting a Little Tired?

The Gipper

I watch my share of  sports talk on TV.  From Get Up in the morning to Around the Horn,, to Nick Wright....some Cowpile and PFR, and PTI.

Are the rest of you about as sick and tired as I am about hearing about Aaron Rodgers and the bullshit surrounding him?  Its about all that they ever talk about it seems. 

So, as far as I am concerned, the Packers can just ship him out and they can all just shut the fuck up about him. 

It's silly season. Fortunately I'm so busy I don't even have time of wondering about football. 

• Upvote 1

Love our Browns, but all the jibber jabber - like Nero - really busy, having fun, don't care about it. Got my 150 tomato plants done last week, 300 strawberry plants two weeks ago, and lettuce and sugar snap peas three weeks ago. Fishing. Planning out trip out west later this year.... the general sports pundits don't get any attention from me.

• Upvote 1

I listen only to local stuff. I E ...WKNR WFAN... so I can half ass comment! Even at that, I too am sick of hearing about ALL the premidona athletes and their BULLSHIT!!! You get paid to play a game enjoy the accolades SHUT UP, and GO HOME....

well I have camping and hiking trips planned this summer so I'll be keeping myself busy..

Personally, the time period from the end of the NFL draft until I do my fantasy football draft (usually a week or two before Week 1 of the regular season) is baseball season for me. I went to my first Reds game last weekend; my first since before the pandemic. I figured I'd balance out my high expectations for the upcoming Browns season by watching my beloved Reds continually disappoint me.

Rest up we have 3 Preseason games 17 Regular season games and 3 playoff games with 1 big final game.   And I got to get back to Cleveland for the parade.

I see this differently...Please talk more about Rodgers and the Pack.  Talk about Redemption for Chiefs...Big Bens last season (possibly). Tommy Terrifics attempt at two straight.  The Bills quest to get back to their AFC prominence in the 90s.  Talk about the Ravens being the leaders of the North.

Let the Browns be the afterthought, let it be a quiet offseason on the Browns front. Then let’s lay the wood on the Chiefs week 1.

We have a great roster and a coach that gets it and has the right approach.  

Get your sleep it is gonna be a wild ride. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, nickers said:

well I have camping and hiking trips planned this summer so I'll be keeping myself busy..

Same here...heading out to Colorado (Rocky Mtn NP, Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP. Plenty of fun on the way and the return. I'll have my redneck flagpole up at every campground probably hang the Browns lights up too.. Go Browns!!

Rodgers, he's a great QB but I don't care. Prima Donna

BrownsFlag.jpg

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Not a Camper..any more.     but I did just come back from a 10 day trip to Nebraska/S.Dakota/Kansas primarily.   And I have about a 2 week trip coming up to Chicago/Wisconsin and parts of Michigan in July.   May also do something short-ish in August, but not sure what. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not a Camper..any more.     but I did just come back from a 10 day trip to Nebraska/S.Dakota/Kansas primarily.   And I have about a 2 week trip coming up to Chicago/Wisconsin and parts of Michigan in July.   May also do something short-ish in August, but not sure what. 

Cool...did you take Neb Route 2 (Sandhills Scenic Byway)? That's what we're doing on the way to Colorado. Hitting up some Kansas state parks on the way home.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Cool...did you take Neb Route 2 (Sandhills Scenic Byway)? That's what we're doing on the way to Colorado. Hitting up some Kansas state parks on the way home.

Yes, partially.  From Grand Island to Thedford, then took  83 up to Valentine/Niobrara Scenic River.   Then 20 over to Harrison with a diversion up to the Badlands. Then to Scott's Bluff and  26 to Ogallala, then we dropped down to Kansas on 36 and took that across Kansas and Missouri.

• Upvote 1