THE BROWNS BOARD

Reasons why the Browns' defense will take them to the superbowl

calfoxwc

This defense scares the shit out of me. I know this isn't true, but it seemed like whenever we needed a stop at the end of game, we couldn't get and our OFFENSE had to save the day. Either with points or with simply exterminating the clock. Our defense is basically brand new, and while I'm excited, I'm certainly nervous. 

What will Clowney give us? JOK? Delpit? What about our interior DL? I'm not a fan of cutting Richardson, but I guess you can't pay everyone. It's time for Woods to earn that money. If our defense balls out... We're going to be a legit nightmare. Like, we could have some convincing wins for real. 

21 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Raider game.  That was like watching an overmatched HS football team.  Were the Raiders really that much stronger and faster than the Browns. I believe we stayed in a base defense when no one could throw.

We knew going into 2020 that we were going to have to outscore opponents... and we did in 11 of 16 outings.

The Vegas game was one of the 5 when we did not. Want to lay it all on our D? Fine, but our vaunted O laid an egg that game as well... especially on the ground where our Chubb-less attack amassed all of 101 rushing yards on 22 carries and possessed the ball for 22:17. Our D was beyond gassed in the 4th when it yielded the game's only TD. It did not help when mid-way thru Q1 Bryant put the ball on the ground to end a developing drive in Raider territory.

As for staying in our base D... What was the alternative? Coming out in a Goal-line?

As it was Harrison was our leading tackler, so it seems he spent a good amount of time in the box. MG had two pressures while Vernon had 2 sacks. So while the game-plan may have been lacking, the execution was as well... which brings us back to the 2020 personnel.

And agreement that 2021 will tell the true story.

image.png.4820937980689a52867954b25a148172.png

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

The Vegas game was one of the 5 when we did not. Want to lay it all on our D? Fine, but our vaunted O laid an egg that game as well... especially on the ground where our Chubb-less attack amassed all of 101 rushing yards on 22 carries and possessed the ball for 22:17. Our D was beyond gassed in the 4th when it yielded the game's only TD. It did not help when mid-way thru Q1 Bryant put the ball on the ground to end a developing drive in Raider territory.

Good Post! 

I'd also like to thank Chucky & Mayock for firing that whole OL group that power blocked our butts up & down our own turf... Thank You! 😘 

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

This defense scares the shit out of me. I know this isn't true, but it seemed like whenever we needed a stop at the end of game, we couldn't get and our OFFENSE had to save the day. Either with points or with simply exterminating the clock. Our defense is basically brand new, and while I'm excited, I'm certainly nervous. 

What will Clowney give us? JOK? Delpit? What about our interior DL? I'm not a fan of cutting Richardson, but I guess you can't pay everyone. It's time for Woods to earn that money. If our defense balls out... We're going to be a legit nightmare. Like, we could have some convincing wins for real. 

I'm hoping that the defense can finish somewhere in the middle of the pack in points allowed, and can force a decent amount of turnovers. 

I love what they did to the secondary and how they added speed to the overall defense, but I have some serious doubts about the Browns ability to rush the opposing QBs beyond Myles...

But a solid, middle-of-the-pack defense will put the Browns in a great position to win the AFC North.

• Like 1

I believe the Browns have a top five defense - given that the offense will also be able to

control a lot of the game as compared to earlier on, when they had three and outs with weaknesses on the oline. The offense will be able to be so balanced, defenses will have fits trying to shut down the pass, or shut down the run.

Good article on the impact of Clowney - who will thrive at 3 technique, note: the second article is

"Previewing The Versatility In Browns Defensive Sub Packages", which is a great article. Opposing qb's will have big trouble knowing what the Browns will do/can do to them.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/obr-daily-film-room-jadeveon-clowney-impact-164029039/

49 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

@calfoxwc.... is it just little old me 😇?.. or like the last 10 links you've posted... the forum won't show me your link 🙃..

Edit---I now elect poll'y board host Vambo from posting links.. Poof! 🧙‍♂️ 

Edit X 2= Wait! I can only attach Cal's posted link to open his link? WTF did Cal do? to deserve this honor🤩 

11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

@calfoxwc.... is it just little old me 😇?.. or like the last 10 links you've posted... the forum won't show me your link 🙃..

Edit---I now elect poll'y board host Vambo from posting links.. Poof! 🧙‍♂️ 

Edit X 2= Wait! I can only attach Cal's post to see his link? WTF did Cal do? to deserve this honor🤩 

Nothing wrong with the link, I think. Unless you're on your phone. I'm old school, can't explain that problem....

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Nothing wrong with the link, I think. Unless you're on your phone. I'm old school, can't explain that problem....

my old school fat arss TE fingers only allow to view the board from my phone.. save my typing for my laptop bigger buttons.. I soon hope to see my Biden disability checks coming soon 🤓

On 7/5/2021 at 2:21 PM, calfoxwc said:

I'll test drive attach 2 more from this thread, that on my end would not open... than...Good Night Merica! 

Edit-- They only now will open your link...

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

my old school fat arss TE fingers only allow to view the board from my phone.. save my typing for my laptop bigger buttons.. I soon hope to see my Biden disability checks coming soon 🤓

I'll test drive attach 2 more from this thread, that on my end would not open... than...Good Night Merica! 

Edit-- They only now will open your link...

Wow. I have no idea, except to check settings on your phone - or stop by your phone service store and ask a geek there about it. The only thing I do web-wise, is look to see if I have any important emails in the inbox......