THE BROWNS BOARD

QB Contracts should be the ONLY player deals exempt from the DUMB salary cap.

QB Contracts should be the ONLY player deals exempt from the DUMB salary cap

I should think that the QB's would agree with that whole heartedly.  

....but perhaps there should be a limit as to how much a QB can be paid (which is adjusted every year), and a second limit as to how much any other player can be paid.   (as unamerican as that may sound)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

QB's clearly run the league in 2021.  Not coaches or GM's.  Treat them different.

You just want to continue on from the last thread locked because of you.

So sure, I will bite.

Coaches don't matter you say? So was Aaron Rodgers just average a couple years ago at the end of McCarthy era?

How did Baker do with Hue and Kitchens?

Goff with Fisher???

And GMs don't matter, so you think thst the almighty QB should be able to make the draft picks?

As for your last comment to me, Yes Adams is GREAT. But to call Hunt in the same post the same is asinine. Hunt is good.

But still, lets even go with your great on Hunt. That is a far cry from calling him the most talented back ever and a HOF.

Now I fed the troll again. But that is all you are looking to do. You obviously have no desire to discuss anything substantial, and you obviously don't have the requisite knowledge to actually discuss the game.

Now go be a good little multicolored afro wearing plastic doll. 

P.S.: We can make a bet if you wish. If the Browns get Rodgers and Adams, I lose. If they don't get both, you lose. If they get one, it's a tie in your favor. If they trade OBJ STRAIGHT UP for Adams I lose. Now, the stakes. Loser leaves. If it's the tie, then I can stay but have to Change my Name.

And we can even double down, if Rodgers and Adams are on ANY team together this year and don't win the SB, Then you have to STFU. IF they come to Cleveland and the Browns aren't 20-0 and win the SB, then your name changes.

Should be fairly easy for you pal. Since you KNOW all of this stuff way more than any of us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

A new labor agreement was signed just over a year ago [3/15/20] between the NFLPA and NFL owners.  Current one will last through the end of the 2030 season.

Tretter is the president of the NFLPA.

Owners imposed the salary cap - not the players.  In a shocking twist, owners don't actually want to pay their workers.  You know, capitalism.

Learn about NFL Labor History and NFL salary cap history.  This thread is stupid on many levels - but of course that's all we can expect from the OP.

From the link: The salary cap was imposed to counter unlimited free agency.  So, if QB's aren't part of the salary cap.. then they no longer get to be free agents.  The owner would control any QB's rights permanently.. and note that because he controlled the rights, he could pay whatever low rate he felt like because the QB has no other options.  If you called this slavery without shackles, you wouldn't be wrong.  That's how the NFL used to be.

• Like 2

This thread has been up 24 hours too long. 

• Haha 2

Or any post he makes.  If others were having an actual conversation in the thread, of course the thread doesn't need to be stopped.

Thumbnail

The fun part is that he accomplished this level of stupidity in a 2-week period.  The heights of troll-dom to which this character has ascended is basically unmatched here. 

I guess everybody's good at something.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:50 PM, Orion said:

QB Contracts should be the ONLY player deals exempt from the DUMB salary cap

I should think that the QB's would agree with that whole heartedly.  

....but perhaps there should be a limit as to how much a QB can be paid (which is adjusted every year), and a second limit as to how much any other player can be paid.   (as unamerican as that may sound)

Sounds communist to me.  

I can see a overall cap so things don't turn in to a baseball situation, but I'd say the way it is works well.

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Sounds communist to me.  

ok.  But that's the way it is now.  

Sam Bradford was the last QB drafted that could sign for whatever he could talk them into.

On 5/21/2021 at 2:21 PM, SkippinTurtles said:

QB's clearly run the league in 2021.  Not coaches or GM's.  Treat them different.

Got any other crazy ideas?  

Coaches? Want to bring back Hue Jackson?  Or I could recite the litany of lousy Browns GMs that have had us wandering in the playoff desert for most of the last 50 or so years?   

And furthermore... from NFL.com....  

Pro Football Hall of Fame executive Ron Wolf caught a lot of flak for his recent comments on Aaron Rodgers and the drama-heavy nature of quarterbacks around the league, but I applaud the Green Bay Packers' former general manager for saying what needs to be said about the temper tantrums that we have seen from some of the league's elite quarterbacks of late.

"There is a huge change, and it started with Russell Wilson," Wolf said Monday on The Wendy's Big Show with LeRoy Butler, Gary Ellerson and Steve "Sparky" Fifer. "Then went to (Deshaun) Watson, and now we got Rodgers. And it appears that today's quarterbacks want to be more than quarterbacks. In my time, they were hired to play the position (of) quarterback. That's what they're being paid for and that's what they're being paid to do. These guys, they want to pick the coach, pick the players -- it's an interesting dilemma."

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 1:21 PM, SkippinTurtles said:

Am I the only not clear on how exempting QBs from the cap changes the above?

Only thing I can see an exemption correcting would be TB12's departure from NE... and wouldn't we all have rejoiced in another half decade or so of that band staying together?

NFL is a parity league... If you have one of the best elite, highly compensated QBs, but not the cap-hell they put you in, how do the teams with "good QBs" compete?

• Upvote 1

• hoorta locked this topic