THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland with a different color

BrownsfaninPa

If cleveland were to change the team colors, what colors would you want to see them in? I love brown, so my main color will still be brown, with metallic gold, and white. The color gold of the N.O. SAINTS, not that so called gold that the Steelers call gold. I would have a gold helmet with brown and white helmet stripes, and a brown facemask.

Blue and Gold. Then steal the current Chargers' uniforms and just use a Sharpie and write Browns in the lightning bolt. 

Hell yea, bad ass....

0.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Blue and Gold. Then steal the current Chargers' uniforms and just use a Sharpie and write Browns in the lightning bolt. 

Hell yea, bad ass....

Hey D Bone did anyone ever tell you that you were a really good artist ?           (didn't think so. :lol:)

GO BROWNS,  sharpie and all.......baby !

• Haha 1

Even if it's disguised in the shape of a thunderbolt, I know maize and blue when I see it!

Thou shalt recant such heathenous treachery to the good people of Ohio!  The power of Christ compels you!

For those of you not living near Ohio.. yellow and blue are the colors of Ohio State's rival Michigan.  Paul Brown coached at OSU before driving up I-71 - he'd never agree!

The main reason I don't think we'd change colors is that our color is the name of the team.. I'm not up for a "let's rename the team" discussion, but I'm sure the guy who has a disturbing love for Rodgers has thoughts.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Even if it's disguised in the shape of a thunderbolt, I know maize and blue when I see it!

Thou shalt recant such heathenous treachery to the good people of Ohio!  The power of Christ compels you!

For those of you not living near Ohio.. yellow and blue are the colors of Ohio State's rival Michigan.  Paul Brown coached at OSU before driving up I-71 - he'd never agree!

The main reason I don't think we'd change colors is that our color is the name of the team.. I'm not up for a "let's rename the team" discussion, but I'm sure the guy who has a disturbing love for Rodgers has thoughts.

Well, the Charges blue is a completely different blue than Fishigan's blue. for what that's worth. 

Homer Simpson GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

For about a day, when the Browns moved to Baltimore, they were the Baltimore Browns.    What if it stayed that way?   You KNOW Cleveland would've gotten a football team fairly soon because, heck, it was one of the football meccas.  With a loyal fan base.

What would ya want to be called?      My favorite name is the Blues.  The St. Louis Blues was my favorite song that the accordion band I was in when I was a kid played.   (last week I finally bought a Gibson Les Paul)  :)

I'm sure Clevelanders are sick of the 'name' thing....with the Indians changing their name and all.  Which, by the way, I think is stupid.  What's wrong with the name Indians?  -  But that's just me.

36 minutes ago, Orion said:

For about a day, when the Browns moved to Baltimore, they were the Baltimore Browns.    What if it stayed that way?   You KNOW Cleveland would've gotten a football team fairly soon because, heck, it was one of the football meccas.  With a loyal fan base.

What would ya want to be called?      My favorite name is the Blues.  The St. Louis Blues was my favorite song that the accordion band I was in when I was a kid played.   (last week I finally bought a Gibson Les Paul)  :)

I'm sure Clevelanders are sick of the 'name' thing....with the Indians changing their name and all.  Which, by the way, I think is stupid.  What's wrong with the name Indians?  -  But that's just me.

I feel very confident that the new Cleveland football team would have been the Bulldogs. There's a history in this area with pro teams and the nickname Bulldogs, and it would have been an easy transition with the "Dawg Pound". 

Regarding the Indians name change, if you haven't figured it out by now, you never will. I'm ready to move on, the sooner, the better. 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

For about a day, when the Browns moved to Baltimore, they were the Baltimore Browns.   OK, that never actually happened, even for a day...except in the fantasy of Modell and the Mayor of Baltimore. 

What if it stayed that way?   You KNOW Cleveland would've gotten a football team fairly soon because, heck, it was one of the football meccas.  With a loyal fan base.

What would ya want to be called?   

IF, IF, IF that would have happened, the betting favorite was The Bulldogs. (the name of the previous  Canton/Cleveland team that was here and won  NFL titles)

My favorite name is the Blues.  The St. Louis Blues was my favorite song that the accordion band I was in when I was a kid played.   (last week I finally bought a Gibson Les Paul)  :)

It is offensive  to Native Americans, apparently.   Of course, under one theory of how the Browns got their name, i.e. Paul Brown's  original story...the Browns  were in fact named for  Brown people,  that is,  Joe the Brown, i.e. African-American,  Bomber, Louis.    Of course,  the whole "named after Joe Louis"  thing was a facade....window dressing to basically hide the fact that  the team was named after Paul Brown.   Had he really wanted to name it after Joe Louis he could have called them The Bombers......which may not be a bad alternative name IMO.   (except there again, we could run into political correctness in not wanting to name a team after a weapon or something that was an indices  of violence....like the Washington Bullets having changed their name.)

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, that never actually happened, even for a day...except in the fantasy of Modell and the Mayor of Baltimore. 

....and every person that I encountered on, The Day After....

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

....and every person that I encountered on, The Day After....

Perhaps,  yes,  every person you encountered suffered from the same delusional fantasy.   Again...it was only a proposal that was announced.  "we propose to move the Browns"  "we propose to call them the Baltimore Browns".   Proposals don't necessarily happen.    

E.g.  how many times had it been proposed that a dome stadium was to be built in Cleveland?  Several.  None of them,  like the proposal to move the Browns to Baltimore and keep the name, ever came through. 

Speaking of Proposals,  have you all seen the proposal for the development around the stadium:

7bee411b-2e5a-4d2c-b91e-11605f8c0e53_1140x641.png

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/cleveland/browns-owners-proposal-cleveland-lakefront-jimmy-dee-haslam/95-e6c8c792-ed28-4aab-9013-4faa9bed0d08

I do NOT think they should build those buildings that seem to dwarf the Rock N Roll HOF.  I don't think that part would be approved. 

• Like 1

Brown trout. Light gadients of light brown, dark brown spots, and by golly, some orange spots to seal the deal.

Would look really tropical and wild:1280px-Salmo_trutta_Ozeaneum_Stralsund_H

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Brown trout. Light gadients of light brown, dark brown spots, and by golly, some orange spots to seal the deal.

Would look really tropical and wild:

Maybe better fileted lightly grilled and on a dish with a little butter or tarter sauce........mmmmm, oh yeah !   :)

....... everyday is a good day to eat well.  Bon appetit !

Edited by mjp28

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Would look really tropical and wild:1280px-Salmo_trutta_Ozeaneum_Stralsund_H

If we want a really tough team it should be this one. 🙄

Cutthroat trout
Drawing of two trout swimming

What no sunfish or lake Erie perch ?   Maybe......

Bonneville cutthroats are descended from Cutthroat Trout that once inhabited the Late Pleistocene-aged Lake Bonneville of Utah, eastern Nevada, and southern Idaho. Since the desiccation of Lake Bonneville into the Great Salt Lake, which is too salty for any life other than brine shrimp,

220px-Bonneville_cutthroat_october_2020.jpg

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Not happening... Have a nice day...

Maybe the colors of Lake Erie fishing.

• Upvote 1