THE BROWNS BOARD

PFF ranks Baker Mayfield tenth best QB heading into 2021

Vambo

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dammit, and I originally goofed up and wrote "DCoordinators" instead of "OCoordinators" too. 

If Clowney ends up having more sacks than Garrett, there won't be a cave deep enough for you to hide your shame in.... and with the way Myles was a huffin' and a puffin' at the end of the season, you might want to start a spelunking expedition fairly soon. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, D Bone said:

If Clowney ends up having more sacks than Garrett, there won't be a cave deep enough for you to hide your shame in.... and with the way Myles was a huffin' and a puffin' at the end of the season, you might want to start a spelunking expedition fairly soon. 

If Clowney ends up with more sacks than Garrett, we are fucked. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

If Clowney ends up with more sacks than Garrett, we are fucked. 

Not necessarily so. If you were a D-coordinator which would you rather double team? That will allow Clowney many more opportunities while healthy than he had in Houston when either he wasn't or his partner in crime wasn't. I'd be perfectly happy if Garrett had 15 and Clowney 20 or more.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not necessarily so. If you were a D-coordinator which would you rather double team? That will allow Clowney many more opportunities while healthy than he had in Houston when either he wasn't or his partner in crime wasn't. I'd be perfectly happy if Garrett had 15 and Clowney 20 or more.

Clowney with 20 or more sacks this coming season,...

Damn TexAg, I think we all needed that after this week 🤣

8 hours ago, D Bone said:

If Clowney ends up having more sacks than Garrett, there won't be a cave deep enough for Dutch to hide his shame in.... 

No Worries 🤓 I met up with the Tavern Jukebox chick..She's hot! 👙...  

Weekly, 4 random bar stools will now have a mystery red magnet button under them...If your lucky enough to sit in one? Just hit this play button 🏮 when needed....

🤫 ... Tour must never know 🤣  or' (when i be arrested.. i be dressed in black ;))

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Clowney with 20 or more sacks this coming season,...

Damn TexAg, I think we all needed that after this week 🤣

I'll amend that just a little. Make that Garrett with 15 and the Jackson/Clowney combo 20 or more. Jackson was a real force with the Superbowl Champ Broncos. You can't double team 'em all.😁

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well I say it won't matter.. Look at how many double teams JJ Watt got and still produced.. And JC was hurt most of the time..

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, D Bone said:

This post fills a triple purpose:

1. Tell a fact. 

2. Hits on Dutch. 

3. Teaches me the word "spelunking". 

You got a like, sir. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

This post fills a triple purpose:

1. Tell a fact. 

2. Hits on Dutch. 

3. Teaches me the word "spelunking".  

You got a like, sir. 

If you want to "hit on me" too, feel free to Nero.

I don't go that way, but I don't judge... 😉

There are positives that Clowney brings to this team, there are. Sacking the QB isn't one of them, though.  

And if there's someone who would know about making comments that come back to make him look foolish, let's read through DBone's posts from a year ago, where he's teaming up with the other "COVID IS A PLANDEMIC HOAX" geniuses on here. 😁

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And if there's someone who would know about making comments that come back to make him look foolish, let's read through DBone's posts from a year ago, where he's teaming up with the other "COVID IS A PLANDEMIC HOAX" geniuses on here. 😁

Never said is was a plandemic, much less a hoax, just said that I didn't like losing my family's business for something that my 80yr old MIL, 82yr old dad, 53yr old cousin, his 44yr old wife, and my 54 yr old cousin all tested positive for, and yet not a single one of them ever even knew they had it... with the exception of my dad who had a "runny nose for a few days".

^ Just my first hand experience with the .02% killer, and as I always say, I'm focused on the 15%er that most people won't put their Big Mac(s) down long enough to even give a second thought.

Now look what you turned this thread into! (I'm gonna buy you an autographed Clowney jersey.... from the Texans of course) 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Never said is was a plandemic, much less a hoax, just said that I didn't like losing my family's business for something that my 80yr old MIL, 82yr old dad, 53yr old cousin, his 44yr old wife, and my 54 yr old cousin all tested positive for, and yet not a single one of them ever even knew they had it... with the exception of my dad who had a "runny nose for a few days".

^ Just my first hand experience with the .02% killer, and as I always say, I'm focused on the 15%er that most people won't put their Big Mac(s) down long enough to even give a second thought.

Now look what you turned this thread into! (I'm gonna buy you an autographed Clowney jersey.... from the Texans of course) 

Now please elaborate your thoughts on Kevin Stefanski's use of timeouts... 😁

I know all you Sunshine Pumpers (look, I threw you in with THOSE people DBone!) are going to try and push the narrative that I somehow hate Clowney, when I don't. I get that. ALL THOUGHTS ON BROWNS ON HERE NEED TO PUSH THE WE ARE WINNING THE SUPER BOWL NARRATIVE! Clowney adds certain things to this team, no doubt. 

But IMO for a defense to be successful in today's NFL, they need to be able to rush the QB consistently without having to bring extra guys. (Not saying blitzing an extra guy is bad, but I don't think it is good to have to depend on this mode of attack) Attack with four, pass defend with seven.

I do not think the Browns improved in THIS specific category defensively. They, without a doubt, have improved in the secondary and in the overall athleticism of the defense as a whole. 

• Like 1

Somewhere? I'm thinking we may see Clowney's sack number being set at 3.5 for this season...Clowney did play both, the Bengals & Pittsburgh, last season before getting hurt at the Colts...

As we saw... Pitt nor the Bengals had a special Tackle playing for them.. Combining those 2 games?

Clowney saw over 100 combined snaps that Vrabel made him inactive the following week...

k
Date G# Week Age Tm   Opp Result GS Sk Solo Ast Comb TFL QBHits Int Yds TD PD Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
1 2020-09-14 1 1 27.213 TEN @ DEN W 16-14 * 0.0 2 1 3 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 47 80% 0 0%
2 2020-09-20 2 2 27.219 TEN   JAX W 33-30 * 0.0 2 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 62 82% 0 0%
3 2020-09-27 3 3 27.226 TEN @ MIN W 31-30 * 0.0 1 1 2 1 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 55 85% 1 3%
4 2020-10-13 4 5 27.242 TEN   BUF W 42-16 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 54 75% 0 0%
5 2020-10-18 5 6 27.247 TEN   HOU W 42-36 * 0.0 1 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 53 75% 0 0%
6 2020-10-25 6 7 27.254 TEN   PIT L 24-27 * 0.0 3 1 4 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0% 58 73% 0 0%
7 2020-11-01 7 8 27.261 TEN @ CIN L 20-31 * 0.0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 45 62% 0 0%
8 2020-11-08 8 9   TEN   CHI W 24-17 Inactive
9 2020-11-12 9 10 27.272 TEN   IND L 17-34 * 0.0 3 1 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0% 52 74% 0 0%
10 2020-11-22 10 11   TEN @ BAL W 30-24 Injured Reserve

He's still only 28 & a arm lenght for miles... Maybe Myles Garrett can show him how to use them? 💪 again

Ya just never know? I watched Porter Gustin, really playing well towards the final run !

Stay Tuned... beating zero sacks can't be that hard in the AFCN division.. or can it?    

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Now please elaborate your thoughts on Kevin Stefanski's use of timeouts... 😁

Now THAT is funny! and so very, very true. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If you want to "hit on me" too, feel free to Nero.

See, I admire this level of shallow as I've reached it myself when I hit 30. 

I really don't care who hits on me at this point, give me all those MF compliments and tell me I have nice eyes.  I'm about that. 

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

See, I admire this level of shallow as I've reached it myself when I hit 30. 

I really don't care who hits on me at this point, give me all those MF compliments and tell me I have nice eyes.  I'm about that. 

Exactly... Feel free to tell me that I have an ass that just refuses to quit, random dude at the gas station. 

I'll take the compliments wherever I can get them at this point. 😋

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'll amend that just a little. Make that Garrett with 15 and the Jackson/Clowney combo 20 or more. Jackson was a real force with the Superbowl Champ Broncos. You can't double team 'em all.😁

If Jackson and Clowney combine for 20 or more sacks this coming season, I'll take a lap around First Energy Stadium in a speedo.

Pin this, lock this, write it in stone, do whatever you need to do mods. 😚

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Exactly... Feel free to tell me that I have an ass that just refuses to quit, random dude at the gas station. 

I'll take the compliments wherever I can get them at this point. 😋

There was a time, when I would get into a rush to work, I'd stop a MC'ds for coffee.  Gay dude who worked the drive through used to toss me a small bag with a hash brown in it and tell me my eyes were hot.

Looking back, that might have been the best part of my day.  Compliments AND free food? Fuck sake, it really doesn't get any better. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

There was a time, when I would get into a rush to work, I'd stop a MC'ds for coffee.  Gay dude who worked the drive through used to toss me a small bag with a hash brown in it and tell me my eyes were hot.

Looking back, that might have been the best part of my day.  Compliments AND free food? Fuck sake, it really doesn't get any better. 

I'm always blown away when a chick finds me attractive...

A gay guy? There ain't a chance in hell. I'm way too typical middle-age dago for a gay guy to be attracted to... 🤣

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If Jackson and Clowney combine for 20 or more sacks this coming season, I'll take a lap around First Energy Stadium in a speedo.

I got you, and here's to hoping a banana hammock is in your future... and I don't want to hear about "how cold it is" when explaining your camel toe. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

LMAO! 🤣

@mjp28 get you a mobile food truck that comes with a free video stand camera up top.. us road dawgs can't miss this event... 🏃‍♂️  

(now i only need a Bo Jackson type that can play defensive end) ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I got you, and here's to hoping a banana hammock is in your future... and I don't want to hear about "how cold it is" when explaining your camel toe. 🤣

That's a moose knuckle, sir. 

And we ARE talking Cleveland in January... My braciole might be an "inny" due to the cold. 😳

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2021 at 9:29 PM, nickers said:

Well he had JJ Watt.. so He should've been uncovered.. But I understand injuries got in the way

One thing you have to know is JC played DE opposite JJ for only a handful of games.

• Year 1... no... JC missed 12 games.
  • Year 2... no... Romeo played JC at ROLB
  • Year 3... no... JJ missed 13.
  • 4.... JJ missed 11.
  • 5... no... more ROLB

I can't wait to see JC opposite MG in our 4-3...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

One thing you have to know is JC played DE opposite JJ for only a handful of games.

• 4.... JJ missed 11.
  • 5... no... more ROLB

I'm not arguing that and I can't wait either... Maybe I'll start calling you Gipper LOL

53 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

• 4.... JJ missed 11.
  • 5... no... more ROLB

I want to see the 3rd down sub package where you kick Myles or Clowney inside and you play them next to each other on a third down with the dawg pound right at the QBs back and the crowd noise back...that’s a side of a terror enough to cause a false start a timeout and a punt on 3rd down.

But wait the wrinkle the next time out same side of terror but now an athletic guy like JOK looping around on the other side with a blitz.  

The pocket isn’t a safe place.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

• 4.... JJ missed 11.
  • 5... no... more ROLB

You are thrilled at the idea of Clowney playing DE opposite of Myles, yet Romeo had the chance to do the same thing and said "Nah... Clowney is a ROLB."

Makes me think Romeo wasn't overly enthused with his ability to rush the QB from the DE spot, so he made him a LB instead(?)

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are thrilled at the idea of Clowney playing DE opposite of Myles, yet Romeo had the chance to do the same thing and said "Nah... Clowney is a ROLB."

Makes me think Romeo wasn't overly enthused with his ability to rush the QB from the DE spot, so he made him a LB instead(?)

On ball edge backer.

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Make it 35 between the 3 of them. Any combination does it.😂🧙‍♂️

21 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm not arguing that and I can't wait either... Maybe I'll start calling you Gipper LOL

Only if I am proven wrong... :D

It's a demanding job, but someone has to do it... ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Only if I am proven wrong... :D

It's a demanding job, but someone has to do it... ;)

Ya know.. Never thought id say this... But I miss that sum bitch!...

• Haha 1