THE BROWNS BOARD

Anybody still wearing your mask?

So I have been to Lowe's,  Home depot, a stage play, Fatheads brew pub in Canton and blooming acres flower place in Wadsworth. I see a few people still wearing masks (besides employees) I'm curious about you guys. I carry one in case management decides to be a pain in the ass but…

WSS

we do when we go into a store.Not when visiting good friends who are all vaccinated. Not outside. Going to be interesting when we go to a group campout in the fall.

The organizer is afraid to go anywhere, afraid to get the vaccinations... It's ridiculous. They think the vaccine was created too quickly.?

Personally, I'm glad we got the Phizer - not so sure about the J&J.

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

we do when we go into a store.Not when visiting good friends who are all vaccinated. Not outside. Going to be interesting when we go to a group campout in the fall.

The organizer is afraid to go anywhere, afraid to get the vaccinations... It's ridiculous. They think the vaccine was created too quickly.?

Personally, I'm glad we got the Pfizer - not so sure about the J&J.

In agreement here. I also live near Sun City which is full of thousands of seniors who have successfully kept it from spreading like wildfire there. So when I go into stores or especially the almost always crowded grocery stores I put a mask on out of courtesy for those who I have no idea whether they are vaccinated or not. We have been into restaurants where the employees still mask up and do so for them while ordering. Most here have installed high plexiglass between stalls and tables are at least 10 ft. from the closest others.

I never wore one outdoors except on a crowded hiking path when there was no wind to speak of. On windy days outdoors just did not feel the need. Same on the Pfizer. It has the best efficacy against all strains thus far from what I have read.

Today they take off the mask restrictions on the RB court. All I play with in one group have been vaccinated, so no problem. One in the other group has not, so again out of courtesy I will stay masked when on the court with him.

Well at this late stage I finally know my first person who died of covid. A 40 years old guy that I went to school with and worked with once in the distant past. He refused to get vaccinated because, I guess, jesus was his doctor. That dude's medical license expired over 2000 years ago. 

So vaccinated or not I guess I'm willing to still wear the mask when there's a bunch of people around. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/17/2021 at 9:29 AM, The Cysko Kid said:

Well at this late stage I finally know my first person who died of covid. A 40 years old guy that I went to school with and worked with once in the distant past. He refused to get vaccinated because, I guess, jesus was his doctor. That dude's medical license expired over 2000 years ago. 

So vaccinated or not I guess I'm willing to still wear the mask when there's a bunch of people around. 

You getting vaccinated?

WSS

20 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I had my second one over a month ago. I don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows and I want to still do shit in life.

I wasn't ragging on you just asking.  I had mine a month or 2 ago. But I don't wear a mask unless i have to to enter a premises. I always have one with me and I ask the checkout people if they'd be more comfortable if I put it on.

WSS

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been a couple weeks and the CDC guideline has been changed. Anybody still wearing one? I'm not attacking anybody just curious.

There were a couple chicks where I played last evening outside on the patio sitting at a table wearing masks even sitting at the table pulling them down to sip their drinks.  I thought that was kind of odd.

WSS

Again I don't have any real beef with somebody who honestly thinks it's keeping them safe. I just don't think many people that still wear them have any idea how much protection they might be getting and how effective they are in certain situations.

But human beings do like being part of they herd as well as being the Maverick. Usually at the same time.

WSS

the hoydie Toy*die upper officials need to release the goverment mandate on them & Open our Banks to it's customers.... Walking in...I'll "give you, the 3 steps Mr."  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Again I don't have any real beef with somebody who honestly thinks it's keeping them safe. I just don't think many people that still wear them have any idea how much protection they might be getting and how effective they are in certain situations.

But human beings do like being part of they herd as well as being the Maverick. Usually at the same time.

WSS

You attacked the people that wore them and you attacked the science behind them. During the heat of the pandemic. For months. 

You and many others that wanted to be "Mavericks". Because it was just too damn hard for some people to wear a mask. 

@nickers if you can't breathe when a small piece of fabric is over your face you have bigger issues. Try some cardio.

I wear mine now at work if many people are in close quarters or if someone comes into my office wearing one. If someone else is playing it safe (pregnant wife, kid with health issues, etc) then the very least I could do is wear my mask as well. The guidelines my company uses aren't necessarily what Ohio uses. 

44 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You attacked the people that wore them and you attacked the science behind them. During the heat of the pandemic. For months. 

You and many others that wanted to be "Mavericks". Because it was just too damn hard for some people to wear a mask. 

@nickers if you can't breathe when a small piece of fabric is over your face you have bigger issues. Try some cardio.

I wear mine now at work if many people are in close quarters or if someone comes into my office wearing one. If someone else is playing it safe (pregnant wife, kid with health issues, etc) then the very least I could do is wear my mask as well. The guidelines my company uses aren't necessarily what Ohio uses. 

image.png.e4ec9a9f66f7be680136f20ab81fc037.png

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Hey Fuck you.. Kiss my ass..Asshole.. My heart, vascular and respitory system is in excellent shape you stupid dweeb!.. It's hard to breathe through the stupid fabric because the membrane in my nose always inflames you TARD!

• Haha 1

I live in NewsomeLand and his Highness still has us peasants on bended knee until June 15th when he has declared that we may finally stand up again... so long as we don't make eye contact with him or look at his hair.

My mask will be off on the 15th, and to those that want to wear theirs - have at it. If they want to wear it for a short period of time or the rest of their lives, I literally could not care less.  

^ Hopefully those same people will do a little bit of research on what meat and dairy does to their overall health and what their beloved government allows to be put into those foods.

Hopefully they will buy a functioning scale and use it weekly.

Hopefully they will at least walk to the mailbox instead of stopping in their car while on the way home from Super Sizing that delicious and oh so healthy dinner that they routinely feed their kids.... but oh yeah, you can't catch heart disease from someone else

All to protect them from that thing that kills over 15% of the earth's population every single day, but they pretend is no big deal because they simply love the taste and are willing to accept the risks to satisfy their way of life. 

Hopefully they don't get into a moving vehicle again either, because contrary to what the oh so smart people will tell you, you can in fact catch a car accident from someone else..... just ask my friend who's 16yr old son was killed by a texting driver who blew right through a stop sign and hit John on the drivers door killing him instantly. 

I'm sure he will set your dumb ass straight, and real fucking quick. 

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Seriously, if you feel that wearing  One provides you with a significant extra level of protection beyond what the State of Ohio or the CDC guidelines suggest then feel free to wear it wherever it makes you feel better.

Personally I think your company would be better off demanding vaccinations for employees but…. 

WSS

• Upvote 1