THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam and his "rebranding"

Go Lers

Have to ask, what was the overall reaction when Jimmy rolled out the "Oranger Orange" uniforms?

image.jpeg.7836f480678153676ca1fae227780e9d.jpeg

Was it a total backlash? hated by 50% of fans? maybe only 20% of supporters? 

Look, I already know.. no one gives a two shits about soccer. But the Haslams just thrust a whole new rebrand on fans in Columbus and the reaction is universally negative. Have a look at the old and the left and new on the right...

image.png.dabd28907310f072d598aa7a224e72a7.png

The Haslams run absolutely great, FANTASTIC teams (Browns and Crew SC) but do they have ZERO sense of what fans want in the look of their teams? Really want to know your thoughts.

26 minutes ago, Go Lers said:

Have to ask, what was the overall reaction when Jimmy rolled out the "Oranger Orange" uniforms?

Look, I already know.. no one gives a two shits about soccer. But the Haslams just thrust a whole new rebrand on fans in Columbus and the reaction is universally negative. Have a look at the old and the left and new on the right...

The Haslams run absolutely great, FANTASTIC teams (Browns and Crew SC) but do they have ZERO sense of what fans want in the look of their teams? Really want to know your thoughts.

It was met with the same fervor as the 0-16 season I believe they were introduced together.

Lately though the general sentiment around here (not to steal from Rocky IV) but...

“....that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!”

Remember too that many times the fanatic and people who highly dislike something tend to reply on these polls more than the average fans -but- they do give you some idea on trends.  

Many people, like me, tend to like the old traditional uniforms like the nice clean traditional home whites...... IMHO.  Now occasional special uniforms maybe one thing for sure people who sell them are all for them.   ;)

4 hours ago, Go Lers said:

I give a shit...

And I think Crew fans will get over it. They're still the Crew. Will still have Crew merch etc

Old Crew logo at least is reminiscent of Borussia Dortmund.  New one looks like an unpaid intern copied the design off a tap at an Akron microbrewery. That's just.. No.

Browns uniforms have a generally classic look.. the Color Rush is something Nike does with college as well so Haslam's not at fault for that, although he continues to try to find one new way to fail each season.. perhaps this year he'll bring back some cringe-worthy cheerleaders?  I think the black OhioState color rush actually looks pretty cool.  Luckily the last "big" uniform redo [2015] coincided with some really terrible teams, so the uniform was the last thing anyone could muster a care about.

• Upvote 1

That old Crew logo looked great (first time I see it) and the new logo is awful as hell. I don't know how did they come up with such an ugly shield form. It is one of the weirdest soccer logos I have ever seen. What the hell is that right triangle beneath the C??? 

2 hours ago, Orion said:

The Haslams just can't stop trying to make everything look New & Improved.  

Or like most (?) of the multi millionaire and billionaire owners tinker with their shiny new toys....... because they can.

Some are a little more "fan friendly".

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It could have been far worse----Jimmy instead of Dee.😘

It was very detailed. Jimmy was very set in his ways, but I proposed the idea of making Bernie Kosar a permanent part of the organization after seeing the reaction he got from the fans at the draft, and Dee loved the idea, and she banged me in the parking lot after we all attended Catholic Mass.

Z

On 5/14/2021 at 3:25 AM, Nero said:

That old Crew logo looked great (first time I see it) and the new logo is awful as hell. I don't know how did they come up with such an ugly shield form. It is one of the weirdest soccer logos I have ever seen. What the hell is that right triangle beneath the C??? 

My thoughts exactly. I was looking at the new logo to see if there was some hidden gem in there that is not initially noticed......but no, just that strange triangle that looks like an after thought. 

The original logo is great! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Claret&Brown said:

My thoughts exactly. I was looking at the new logo to see if there was some hidden gem in there that is not initially noticed......but no, just that strange triangle that looks like an after thought. 

The original logo is great! 

Every time I peruse this thread, the new logo somehow gets shittier. 

Enjoy that new soccer stadium plastered with that horrible logo, Columbus.

As skeptical as I was.. The Analytics boys have done it , so far... Hats off!!... Now lets go get the damn ring!...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, nickers said:

As skeptical as I was.. The Analytics boys have done it , so far... Hats off!!... Now lets go get the damn ring!...

It made sense to me, but hey, whatever worked, I am glad we seem to be in a position to have a good chance to win for the foreseeable future. Winning it all is a bit of a crap shoot.  Being relevant isn't.

3 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Saving The Crew Is What Columbus Fans Do (msn.com)

Haslams have walked back the rebranding. The Crew remains The Crew. I guess they learned something from their idiotic uniform changes they did here.

They've replaced the rebranding with a real snazzy rebate program for Crew fans.... 

On 5/13/2021 at 7:52 PM, Unsympathetic said:

Old Crew logo at least is reminiscent of Borussia Dortmund. 

I was about to make the same comment...

NOT!