ESPN 850 • 92.3 THE FAN • 98.5 WNCX
FIRSTENERGY STADIUM

WEEK 3 · Sun 08/29 · 8:00 PM EDT

AT

Atlanta Falcons

NBC
ESPN 850 • 92.3 THE FAN • 98.5 WNCX
MERCEDES BENZ STADIUM

Here's your *tentative* 😷, football junkie... Pre-season Schedule's elsewhere..  https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-preseason-schedule-includes-five-national-tv-games

And (in their opinion) 16 different teams, half of the NFL and NO steelers or Bengals ?      :o

14 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Looking forward to hosting the Browns opening day.  Pat Mahomes is 10-0 in September.  

Then he's due for a loss!!!

On 5/13/2021 at 5:59 AM, Pat Mahomo said:

Looking forward to hosting the Browns opening day.  Pat Mahomes is 10-0 in September.  

Well, you do have history on your side, as the Browns since 1999 are 1-20-1 on opening day- worst in the NFL by far.  OTOH- let's see how your revamped O- line is going to fare against Myles & Company...  :)  

On 5/13/2021 at 3:52 PM, LondonBrown said:

I am definitely going to KC for the opener!

I'm considering this road trip....  

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Chiefs open the season at home vs the Browns, then go east to play the Ravens.

That's a rough way to start the season. 

And they have the Bills Week 5.  They have to get that new line working quickly.

I really like the Chiefs game right out of the gate for another reason...Every team over prepares for that first game.  I would rather over prepare for the Chiefs than any team.  That’s the team we have to beat in late January to go to the Super Bowl. So while we are preparing our game plan for September we are doing work for that matchup at the end of the year too.  

12 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

And they have the Bills Week 5.  They have to get that new line working quickly.

I really like the Chiefs game right out of the gate for another reason...Every team over prepares for that first game.  I would rather over prepare for the Chiefs than any team.  That’s the team we have to beat in late January to go to the Super Bowl. So while we are preparing our game plan for September we are doing work for that matchup at the end of the year too.  

That didn't work out so well for the Browns vs Ravens last year, though. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That didn't work out so well for the Browns vs Ravens last year, though. 

We scored 7 points the first meeting and 42 the second.  It worked really well in some areas.

Granted we had a flawed game plan on defense so we didn’t learn there we had our backs to Lamar in man coverage and we dropped 6 guys.  And we had Mack Whiff Wilson trying to shadow and tackle Lamar.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

We scored 7 points the first meeting and 42 the second.  It worked really well in some areas.

Granted we had a flawed game plan on defense so we didn’t learn there we had our backs to Lamar in man coverage and we dropped 6 guys.  And we had Mack Whiff Wilson trying to shadow and tackle Lamar.

22 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

LOl...now we will probably have Phillips or JOK acting as his shadow.  They may whiff some, but should be able to run with the guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Preseason now closer to being finalized with the setting of the date and time of our Opening game...

Week 1: vs. Cleveland Browns at JAX on Aug. 14. 7 p.m. kickoff.

On another note...

Was wondering how NFL was addressing the income inequities of half the teams in the league having one more regular season home game than the other half of the league. google was no help at all.

Although we have 9 regular-season, home games and only 1 preseason, certainly preseason can not be part of the equation given the marked attendance difference's impact on concession sales.

Any one have any info on this?

And on another another-note...

On 5/12/2021 at 7:01 PM, gumby73 said:

Did not see any thread discussion of potential gathering games for us out-of-staters...

The October trio look promising and that Denver night game could be a real hoot.

Following week vs. PTG as well, but think it's going to be harder, much harder to get tix for it. Although getting to meet Vag could make it worth the effort... :D

Not that it would have been easy to get a ticket, but too bad that opener is on the road since I'm in town that weekend for my Covid-delayed H.S. reunion.

On 5/13/2021 at 3:52 PM, LondonBrown said:

I am definitely going to KC for the opener!

then join us for our tailgate, check the Tailgate section on this page for our info.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:17 PM, Tour2ma said:

Did not see any thread discussion of potential gathering games for us out-of-staters...

The October trio look promising and that Denver night game could be a real hoot.

Following week vs. PTG as well, but think it's going to be harder, much harder to get tix for it. Although getting to meet Vag could make it worth the effort... :D

Not that it would have been easy to get a ticket, but too bad that opener is on the road since I'm in town that weekend for my Covid-delayed H.S. reunion.

Tour you are welcome to attend any GNATS tailgate in the Burke Lot.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:50 PM, hoorta said:

Well, you do have history on your side, as the Browns since 1999 are 1-20-1 on opening day- worst in the NFL by far.  OTOH- let's see how your revamped O- line is going to fare against Myles & Company...  :)  

I'm considering this road trip....  

Hoorta we will be there set up in the RED Lot, check out our event page on the GNATS page.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 4:10 PM, LondonBrown said:

I have booked my flight so now need to source a ticket somehow.....

NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster

On 5/26/2021 at 1:17 PM, Tour2ma said:

I'll have to see what our British contingent is thinking..  MHO is any of the first three home games- the home opener against the Titans will be the toughest ticket to get..  Some of the Florida folks don't like cold weather.  :)  Regarding Denver- our Tailgate lot under the bridge can possibly have safety issues after dark (cars have been broken into). But for out of town folks the possibility of catching two home games Cardinals\Broncos in the space of five days may be interesting.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I'll have to see what our British contingent is thinking..  MHO is any of the first three home games- the home opener against the Titans will be the toughest ticket to get..  Some of the Florida folks don't like cold weather.  :)  Regarding Denver- our Tailgate lot under the bridge can possibly have safety issues after dark (cars have been broken into). But for out of town folks the possibility of catching two home games Cardinals\Broncos in the space of five days may be interesting.  

Howie has already expressed an unlikelihood of coming over this year, for various reasons  (health and finances) , though he left  a slight possibility.  Only probably a  10% chance of making it. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

But for out of town folks the possibility of catching two home games Cardinals\Broncos in the space of five days may be interesting.  

**Breaking News** 

The cost of a round trip flight ticket...Now cost less than a decent single game ticket....

GIFs Im so excited The minions Overjoyed GIFGIFs You rock Guay Genial GIFGIFs Im so excited The minions Overjoyed GIF

22 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Tour you are welcome to attend any GNATS tailgate in the Burke Lot.

Sounds fun...

Any group that comes up with that acronym has to be a hoot.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:25 AM, tiamat63 said:

Do you GNATS folks tailgate into the colder months? October - November?

every home game and some road games

On 6/12/2021 at 3:31 PM, Silver slayer said:

I'll be in cle vs shittsburgh and the rats

then come tailgate with us

• 3 weeks later...