THE BROWNS BOARD

Schedule Release

Zombo

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Outstanding.

Whoa !  The afternoon game of the week the BROWNS are a TV draw again.

GO BROWNS, just win......baby !

I’m going all out glass full here.

-Our last gameplan was the chiefs. Our next gameplan is the Chiefs and They haven’t changed personnel aside from their oline.

-about the Oline.  They are breaking in a fairly new unit across the board and that will take some time. What better time to catch them than during week 1.

-chances are we see maybe half capacity arrowhead, a lot better than full capacity if restrictions are slowly lifted. 

Having said that I’ll take Houston next.  Let’s go 2-0 to start. 

It is Being Reported Browns at Packers Christmas Day

Not confirmed of course but rumor has these Primetime games for the Browns 

Week 7: DEN @ CLE TNF

Week 12: CLE @ BAL SNF

Week 15: LV @ CLE (Sat or Sun)

Week 16: CLE @ GB (Xmas)

Week 17: CLE @ PIT (MNF) (I thought this would be week 1)

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

Browns Open schedule at KC, 4:25 PM Week One.

Boom!

Z

Hate to be a Debbie Downer Z, but hey- we can keep that NFL record opening day losing streak intact.   :D 

I strongly suspected though to drum up interest the NFL was indeed going to schedule our game against the Chiefs as the opener.   

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Schedule is absolutely brutal.

Really?

We have Denver coming here almost across the country short week.

We have a good string of home games to start the year - weeks 2-4 very winnable.  

Chargers will face us right after a tough MNF with their dirty rivals the Raiders. 

Weeks 2-11 we will be betting favorites. No doubt. 

I love the chiefs out of the gate (reasons I mentioned above)

Baltimore KC and GB are the only true SB contenders on the schedule 

Bye week late in the year is a Bonus for a playoff team. 

3 minutes ago, Silver slayer said:

We play rats in back to back games.

I really dig that schedule 

Absolutely you have their gimmick offense on your minds for three straight weeks with a bye in between.

I wonder if their Bye is different - huge advantage to us 

21 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Really?

We have Denver coming here almost across the country short week.

We have a good string of home games to start the year - weeks 2-4 very winnable.  

Chargers will face us right after a tough MNF with their dirty rivals the Raiders. 

Weeks 2-11 we will be betting favorites. No doubt. 

I love the chiefs out of the gate (reasons I mentioned above)

Baltimore KC and GB are the only true SB contenders on the schedule 

Bye week late in the year is a Bonus for a playoff team. 

SB worthy team week 1 

I'm not putting anything past Watson Week 2 if he's starting.

Top 10 defense week 3.

Minnesota and their Jeckyll Hyde selves before we jet-set to the West Coast.  A spot this team hasn't historically played well in.

Nice home stretch but you have to deal with Zona's offense and their million receivers.   Denver shouldn't be too tall of an order.   Pittsburgh at home on Halloween will be a HUGE game.

Ship south to face an improved Bengals then off to New England to face the best coach of the last 20 years.   Just hoping his rookie QB is looking like shit.

Come back home to a wild-card type Lions who might not be flashy, but their strength in the trenches will make any win against them NOT a fun one.

3 of the last 4 before the BYE, which is a late fucking BYE, are on the road.   

Home stand against the Ravens and Raiders.  Two teams that aren't going to role over - wild card type teams.

Then the other SB NFC contender on Xmas with a potential short week before going back on the road against the arch rival.

If that wasn't enough, you get to top it off with a Bengals team who might be fighting their asses off to get 8 wins by that point....

Yeah, it's a pretty brutal schedule.  Then again, any 17 game season makes the previous grind of 16 that much more intense.    Why the NFL didn't expand the active roster 2-3 spots along with the schedule is beyond me.  Especially when it comes to lineman.   "Safety" oriented league my ass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Ravens play the Steelers in between our games.  We get a bye.  That is great!!! 

don't like the Ravens sitting on 5 straight home games to close out the season 🤷‍♂️... Ravens got a good home schedule compared to where 'we play them'...Both Browns & Steelers have a short week going into season ending AFCN finale too.. long road to haul, from those AFCN Bye weeks...

rant over...

Our Cleveland Browns will win this Division...:) 

won week at a time... Go Browns!! 

12 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

don't like the Ravens sitting on 5 straight home games to close out the season 🤷‍♂️... Ravens got a good home schedule compared to where 'we play them'...Both Browns & Steelers have a short week going into season ending AFCN finale too.. long road to haul, from those AFCN Bye weeks...

rant over...

Our Cleveland Browns will win this Division...:) 

won week at a time... Go Browns!! 

But the Ravens play the Steelers right before our second matchup with them.  We have a bye that week. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

SB worthy team week 1 

I'm not putting anything past Watson Week 2 if he's starting.

Top 10 defense week 3.

Minnesota and their Jeckyll Hyde selves before we jet-set to the West Coast.  A spot this team hasn't historically played well in.

Nice home stretch but you have to deal with Zona's offense and their million receivers.   Denver shouldn't be too tall of an order.   Pittsburgh at home on Halloween will be a HUGE game.

Ship south to face an improved Bengals then off to New England to face the best coach of the last 20 years.   Just hoping his rookie QB is looking like shit.

Come back home to a wild-card type Lions who might not be flashy, but their strength in the trenches will make any win against them NOT a fun one.

3 of the last 4 before the BYE, which is a late fucking BYE, are on the road.   

Home stand against the Ravens and Raiders.  Two teams that aren't going to role over - wild card type teams.

Then the other SB NFC contender on Xmas with a potential short week before going back on the road against the arch rival.

If that wasn't enough, you get to top it off with a Bengals team who might be fighting their asses off to get 8 wins by that point....

Yeah, it's a pretty brutal schedule.  Then again, any 17 game season makes the previous grind of 16 that much more intense.    Why the NFL didn't expand the active roster 2-3 spots along with the schedule is beyond me.  Especially when it comes to lineman.   "Safety" oriented league my ass.

I’ll give you the Glass half empty version 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Schedule is absolutely brutal.

It's what you get when you actually have a decent team. Other than having to face the defending AFC champs in the opener, I don't see the schedule as being too hateful.  Playing Green Bay Christmas Day? Well, scratch that road trip.  :(