THE BROWNS BOARD

X republicans threaten 3rd party

And frankly, who cares? For a lot of you guys it's all about personalities and politics that's just stupid but that's the way it is. Split the conservatives and the liberals will win every year. I realise that's good news for many of you.Even now the lunatics have taken over the asylum so the best I can do is to hope that these idiots don't completely destroy the economy in the event that I might outlive mw cat.

I would ask anybody with the inclination to think about it to tell me a handful of issues that you would separate yourself from the regular republicans or the regular democrats but I doubt it will be long before it turns to a discussion of dementia and Cheetos.

Frankly if the new more liberal Republican party is just going to get into a bidding war with giveaways  the battle for the American way will be lost anyway.

WSS

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2021-05-11/rationals-vs-radicals-anti-trump-republicans-threaten-third-party?context=amp

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The Trump Republicans are the Traitors to the Constitution.😴

So a reasonable question has obviously gone off the tracks and down the shitter;  why don't you give me an example of treason? I will expect some crazy shit that you made up but at least try for a minute. If possible.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And frankly, who cares? For a lot of you guys it's all about personalities and politics that's just stupid but that's the way it is. Split the conservatives and the liberals will win every year. I realise that's good news for many of you.Even now the lunatics have taken over the asylum so the best I can do is to hope that these idiots don't completely destroy the economy in the event that I might outlive mw cat.

I would ask anybody with the inclination to think about it to tell me a handful of issues that you would separate yourself from the regular republicans or the regular democrats but I doubt it will be long before it turns to a discussion of dementia and Cheetos.

Frankly if the new more liberal Republican party is just going to get into a bidding war with giveaways  the battle for the American way will be lost anyway.

WSS

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2021-05-11/rationals-vs-radicals-anti-trump-republicans-threaten-third-party?context=amp

The whole thing's gonna shift, Steve. The Democrats right now have control because they're riding the wave of Trump's mismanagement of the pandemic and the way he left office. It sucks, because my biggest fear was a reactionary blue POTUS, senate, and house that makes sure that someone like Trump never gets in again, but that's where we are. The GOPe has collapsed. This is Trump's crowning achievement while he was in office, and is a big reason I will never regret voting for him twice. Similar things are on the horizon for the Democrats. 

Right now, the Democrats are the party of rich, coastal elites and concerned soccer moms, a demographic they've poached from Republicans. Now, that party is also attracting the Never Trump, neocon Republicans. For the city liberals, Liz Cheney, Romney, and Kasich are great when they are undermining Trump from within his own party. These city liberals are going to feel quite differently when those politicians start influencing the Democrat party. To compound that, you've got Democrats bending over backwards to show their support for BLM and the woke agenda, which is going to continue to alienate the fastest growing population in the country, Hispanics. Hatred of Trump was the glue that was holding that coalition together. Without Trump, the Democrats are very soon going to have a similar identity crisis that the Republicans are going through right now. 

Just sit back, grab some popcorn, and look forward to Caitlyn Jenner being a frontrunner for a GOP office in the near future.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

The whole thing's gonna shift, Steve. The Democrats right now have control because they're riding the wave of Trump's mismanagement of the pandemic and the way he left office. It sucks, because my biggest fear was a reactionary blue POTUS, senate, and house that makes sure that someone like Trump never gets in again, but that's where we are. The GOPe has collapsed. This is Trump's crowning achievement while he was in office, and is a big reason I will never regret voting for him twice. Similar things are on the horizon for the Democrats. 

Right now, the Democrats are the party of rich, coastal elites and concerned soccer moms, a demographic they've poached from Republicans. Now, that party is also attracting the Never Trump, neocon Republicans. For the city liberals, Liz Cheney, Romney, and Kasich are great when they are undermining Trump from within his own party. These city liberals are going to feel quite differently when those politicians start influencing the Democrat party. To compound that, you've got Democrats bending over backwards to show their support for BLM and the woke agenda, which is going to continue to alienate the fastest growing population in the country, Hispanics. Hatred of Trump was the glue that was holding that coalition together. Without Trump, the Democrats are very soon going to have a similar identity crisis that the Republicans are going through right now. 

Just sit back, grab some popcorn, and look forward to Caitlyn Jenner being a frontrunner for a GOP office in the near future.

Hoorta sent you, I'm guessing?

attention getting TDS bs.

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

Hatred of Trump was the glue that was holding that coalition together.

The Dems no longer have someone to blame everything on (aka Trump), and will soon eat their own.

People are sick of the cancel culture and “woke” crowd.

I expect a bloodbath for the 2022 midterms.

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

which is going to continue to alienate the fastest growing population in the country, Hispanics.

Actually you're wrong.  The Asians are the fastest growing population in the country.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/04/09/asian-americans-are-the-fastest-growing-racial-or-ethnic-group-in-the-u-s/

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Actually you're wrong.  The Asians are the fastest growing population in the country.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/04/09/asian-americans-are-the-fastest-growing-racial-or-ethnic-group-in-the-u-s/

Oh dang, I had no idea. That even further reinforces my point. As someone of white-asian ethnicity, I can speak for a lot of Asians when I say it's ridiculous that people are blaming the white supremacy bogeyman for black-on-asian violence. Also, we don't like that our kids get discriminated against when it comes to college and professional school admissions. This demographic gonna shift red, as well.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So a reasonable question has obviously gone off the tracks and down the shitter;  why don't you give me an example of treason? I will expect some crazy shit that you made up but at least try for a minute. If possible.

WSS

Just my POV- and screw it if you don't like what I'm about to say......   

Since you asked- Trump has radicalized the RQP to the point it's now as far right as AOC and the Squad are on the left.  Ignore that at your own risk. Apparently you're in denial January 6th wasn't a treasonous attack on US Democracy instigated by Cheetos- so there's no point in further discussion Steve.  It goes far, far beyond personality. Let me give you the yin-yang of it.  Cal thinks Donald J(ackass) Trump is "the greatest president, ever, ever"....  OTOH- just Google it- if you dare. Plenty of folks think Trump is the anti-Christ, and the end is near. Pick either extreme, or anything in the middle. Personally, I don't give a rat's ass what the conspiracy addled delusional Trumptards think anymore.  It's certainly not worth my time arguing with the brainwashed. 

What this latest gambit of neutering Liz Cheney for daring to speak the truth means- there's a fair chance there well could be a split of moderate Republicans who still believe in the rule of law (reality) and the Constitution instead of a Damn Cult of Personality splitting off and forming a moderate right wing party. That will guarantee the DNC an election overload in the future. The choice is stark...   Green, Boebert, Cruz, Hawley, and Trump- or Cheney and Sasse (and a few others) who haven't bought into the cult- and haven't lost their minds and morality. 

Liz for Prez- it has a nice ring in my ears. OTOH...  Trump the gift that keeps on grifting....   :D  

31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Since you asked- Trump has radicalized the RQP to the point it's now as far right as AOC and the Squad are on the left.  Ignore that at your own risk. Apparently you're in denial January 6th wasn't a treasonous attack on US Democracy instigated by Cheetos- so there's no point in further discussion Steve.  It goes far, far beyond personality. Let me give you the yin-yang of it.  Cal thinks Donald J(ackass) Trump is "the greatest president, ever, ever"....  OTOH- just Google it- if you dare. Plenty of folks think Trump is the anti-Christ, and the end is near. Pick either extreme, or anything in the middle. Personally, I don't give a rat's ass what the conspiracy addled delusional Trumptards think anymore.  It's certainly not worth my time arguing with the brainwashed. 

What this latest gambit of neutering Liz Cheney for daring to speak the truth means- there's a fair chance there well could be a split of moderate Republicans who still believe in the rule of law (reality) and the Constitution instead of a Damn Cult of Personality splitting off and forming a moderate right wing party. That will guarantee the DNC an election overload in the future. The choice is stark...   Green, Boebert, Cruz, Hawley, and Trump- or Cheney and Sasse (and a few others) who haven't bought into the cult- and haven't lost their minds and morality. 

Liz for Prez- it has a nice ring in my ears. OTOH...  Trump the gift that keeps on grifting....  

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/05/12/biden-lights-everything-on-fire-his-response-will-make-you-facepalm-n379242

no-mean-tweets-730x0.jpg

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Liz for Prez- it has a nice ring in my ears. OTOH...  Trump the gift that keeps on grifting....   :D  

It has nothing to do with whether or not I like what you have to say. It doesn't really address the question and it's just a continuation of your obsessive TDS.  I might ask which of Liz Chinese neo con and other policies you prefer but I really don't think you care about policy anymore.  Has she been steadfastly on board with you by this barrage of liberal action? Because you have for the most part. Edit the 2 of you disagree on all of those why would you want her to be president now? OI know.

WSS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Actually my main disagreement  Is the opening paragraph about the response to the pandemic. Oh sure that's the way the corrupt media has spun it but no politician in the White House would have done or could have done anything differently.  Joe Biden campaigned on an immediate shutdown and universal mask mandate.  Until his handlers reminded him that it was completely unconstitutional and he couldn't do it.. But at any rate the response to the pandemic is not in the hands of the federal government it's up to the governors of the state and that's who made the decisions.. It's easy enough to see state by state who was successful and who wasn't. Or who is about on par regardless of policy. ( Also the relative success or failure of dozens of foreign countries none of which were presided over by trump)  But what I am asking is what you would like to see in a 3rd party that would make you vote for them. Not what you like about either presidential candidate or love.

WSS

George Washington warned of a two party system when he left office.  Our current two party system, in which it is currently working, is dividing this country.  
Not every political issue is right or left.  Right now you can't be governing and fiscally conservative while also being socially liberal at the same time.  I'm very for the constitution and all that it stands for.  But I also understand that the constitution, when it was written and the influences around it's construction, have socially changed and therefore it doesn't speak exactly or precisely to every social issue we have today.  

I don't want heavy taxes.  I don't want big government. I don't care that gays, LGBTQ want to get married, let them.  It doesn't hurt me at all.  Love is love.  Let the love.  I also think we could, as a country do much better about our healthcare and the astronomical rising costs.  Can it be done universally... I bet it could.  I know this country is rich enough to do so.  Education, for those that want to learn, could be heavily subsidized via public education.  But if you want to go to Harvard, Yale or any other private school, go for it.  The costs are on you though.  

I"m all for the individual making their way and granting every american the same opportunity as the next.  That is what has made us great.  I hate our current socio-political norm now.  It's wrenching this country apart.  So yes, two parties in my opinion are not doing us any good.  However, the third party being optioned, I'm not sure is the best route either.  

As for Trump, if he could have just put twitter down, I think he woudl have done fine.  But our MSM played off of his in abilty to shut his mouth.  That was his down fall.  Now, 5 months into Biden, North Korea is threatening, MSM is reporting on any gun violence they can, hacking our piplines and infrastructure, this country is a mess.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BrownsKidd said:

George Washington warned of a two party system when he left office.  Our current two party system, in which it is currently working, is dividing this country.  
Not every political issue is right or left.  Right now you can't be governing and fiscally conservative while also being socially liberal at the same time.  I'm very for the constitution and all that it stands for.  But I also understand that the constitution, when it was written and the influences around it's construction, have socially changed and therefore it doesn't speak exactly or precisely to every social issue we have today.  

I don't want heavy taxes.  I don't want big government. I don't care that gays, LGBTQ want to get married, let them.  It doesn't hurt me at all.  Love is love.  Let the love.  I also think we could, as a country do much better about our healthcare and the astronomical rising costs.  Can it be done universally... I bet it could.  I know this country is rich enough to do so.  Education, for those that want to learn, could be heavily subsidized via public education.  But if you want to go to Harvard, Yale or any other private school, go for it.  The costs are on you though.  

I"m all for the individual making their way and granting every american the same opportunity as the next.  That is what has made us great.  I hate our current socio-political norm now.  It's wrenching this country apart.  So yes, two parties in my opinion are not doing us any good.  However, the third party being optioned, I'm not sure is the best route either.  

As for Trump, if he could have just put twitter down, I think he woudl have done fine.  But our MSM played off of his in abilty to shut his mouth.  That was his down fall.  Now, 5 months into Biden, North Korea is threatening, MSM is reporting on any gun violence they can, hacking our piplines and infrastructure, this country is a mess.  

You left out the border crisis and sending covid infecting illegals in to the US not vaccinated. Looting, burning and killing police while the left work on Court Packing, DC statehood and blue states lock downs while paying people not to work as inflation digs in...

Yeah but thank God  Trump isn't tweeting...

image.thumb.png.c76346c875591d587d8d44a268eab034.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Have no fear-Liz 😈 is on the way to help keep trumpy out of the oval office.🤴

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/13/liz-cheney-trump-possible-run-for-president

“whatever it takes” -Liz

Honestly, I just wish all you baby boomers - Democrats, Republicans, etc - would just take the hint to leave office already. Since they took the reins of government in the mid 80s, Boomers have continually proven themselves to be utter dog shit when it comes to running a government, at all levels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Have no fear-Liz 😈 is on the way to help keep trumpy out of the oval office.🤴

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/13/liz-cheney-trump-possible-run-for-president

“whatever it takes” -Liz

News flash….If Liz is going to run for any public office, she’s going to have to do it with a “D” or “I” next to her name.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Honestly, I just wish all you baby boomers - Democrats, Republicans, etc - would just take the hint to leave office already. Since they took the reins of government in the mid 80s, Boomers have continually proven themselves to be utter dog shit when it comes to running a government, at all levels.

Yes, AOC is doing great as an elected Politician.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yes, AOC is doing great as an elected Politician.

She's doing no worse than Pelosi or McConnell or the vast majority of Boomer politicians who are abusing their offices to their benefit. They're all pieces of shit. The difference is Boomer politicians have been pieces of shit decades now, and are stubbornly sticking to the toilet bowl no matter how many times you jiggle the handle. 

But, that's the Boomer generation, in general, for you: inherent the greatest economy and government in human history and proceed to drive both into the ground in order to feed their greed. 

• Like 1

it isn't the "boomer generation" - far too broad a brush... it's the deep swamp - not all of them dems.

Crooked, dishonest, dangerously ego-centric frauds who crave power and wealth.

bushes, cheneys, obaMaos, bidens, pelosies, aoc, brennan, clapper, carters, romneys, john kerry, comeys, peter strzok, christoper wray, most every single democrat...

the list is really long.

They are all over our government. It's been getting worse and worse over decades. "Birds of a feather flock together" to protect themselves.

how dangerous?

they invented using the CIA, FBI, DOJ to destroy a candidate for pres that was NOT part of their swamp.

We've lost control over so much of our government. Only our Constitution and the Surpeme Court, and various Real American politicians stand in their way.

of course, they want to "pack the court" to control it.

but it's worse. Notice they haven't gone after hunter biden? nope. it's the corrupt way of a kind of pre-WWII nazi group.

New FBI document confirms the Trump campaign was ...

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/499586-new...

May 27, 2020 · New FBI document confirms the Trump campaign was investigated without justification. By Kevin R. Brock, opinion contributor — 05/27/20 08:00 AM EDT 7,098. The views expressed by contributors are ...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rudy-giuliani-says-fbi-investigation-always-driven-to-target-donald-trump

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

It has nothing to do with whether or not I like what you have to say. It doesn't really address the question and it's just a continuation of your obsessive TDS.  I might ask which of Liz Chinese neo con and other policies you prefer but I really don't think you care about policy anymore.  Has she been steadfastly on board with you by this barrage of liberal action? Because you have for the most part. Edit the 2 of you disagree on all of those why would you want her to be president now? Oh I know.

WSS

Maybe you missed it Steve... Cheney's voting record is far more conservative than that ass kissing suckup Trump wants her replaced with.  

Should Donnie happen to get reelected (I don't think he can with only 70% of his shrinking MAGA base still buying his Big Lie) he's not just only to go after Republicans who won't kiss his ass- it's going to be outright war against anyone who's even an inch left of center. To my mind- Liz has it right- DT is a pathological lying danger to democracy, if you don't agree- fine by me. TDS? Yes indeed Steve- Trump is most definitely deranged- and his pathological narcissism has been analyzed here before...  

One of the guys on the Browns Board had a tag line "Don't Know, We'll See".   I thought the 2020 election would be a referendum on Trump and his Cult. It sort of was, but now he's "President in Exile" at Mar-a-Lago.  He's gone, but his acolytes carry on the fight doing his bidding from afar.  November 2022 is 18 months away, and a lot can happen in that time. I have a feeling that will be the real referendum on what sort of Government America wants. 

PS- that 3rd recount they're currently doing in Maricopa County is a mile high pile of horse shit. Where's the observers from both parties? Where's all the other networks besides OANN?  Nowhere to be seen.  

57 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it isn't the "boomer generation" - far too broad a brush... it's the deep swamp - not all of them dems.

Crooked, dishonest, dangerously ego-centric frauds who crave power and wealth. ----> Sums up the boomer generation as a whole rather succinctly.

bushes, cheneys, obaMaos, bidens, pelosies, aoc, brennan, clapper, carters, romneys, john kerry, comeys, peter strzok, christoper wray, most every single democrat... -----> With the exception of AOC and Strzok, these people are all baby boomers. Kind of proving my point.

the list is really long.

They are all over our government. It's been getting worse and worse over decades. "Birds of a feather flock together" to protect themselves.

how dangerous?

6 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

granted, but you have to consider the NON swamp ones who are also boomers who don't fit.

Pres Reagan was one. Pres. JFK, Bobby Kennedy...Pres Trump...look how Reagan was hated by so much of the insiders in our gov.

Even Tip O'Niel admired how popular he was. So many "hated" Pres Trump for how popular he was. Look at his rallies.

The political support Pres Trump has is a threat to the swamps control over America. Pres Ford was not a player I don't think.

btw..Reagan - shot. Ford - short. JFK - shot. Bobby Kennedy -shot.

wonder why nobody ever shot Ted Kennedy?

because he was part of the swamp - corrupt and a sleazy player.

Pres Trump?

nope. except....

Several threats made against Trump per day: Secret Service ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/several-threats-made...
Jun 02, 2017 · Threats against President Trump for his first six months in office are tracking about six to eight per day, the new director of the U.S. Secret Service said on Thursday, CBS News
     Just keeps reminding me of the show "Shooter" where there was a deep swamp group that controlled everything. Bob Lee Swagger, ex-Marine sniper, gets brought into  a conspiracy and was set up. A deep swamp group that controlled everything murdered his Father, he finds out, because his Father wouldn't play along with the deep swamp.
Weird that it was so much like the actual deep swamp today.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Maybe you missed it Steve... Cheney's voting record is far more conservative than that ass kissing suckup Trump wants her replaced with.  

Who cares? Seriously? Her voting record or Mitt Romney 's voting record are completely meaningless in light of the administration they helped to usher in. 

And you and tex have been bleating praises for months aboutThe left wing agenda Biden has been led into. So why even pretend to be conservative anymore? If her voting record is that conservative she would  oppose everything Biden, via AOC BLM and the Squad have forced on the country that you are so enamored of?

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1