THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Sign Another DT Vet

darren15

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Damion Square career history - UDFA who looks like a camp cut.  He got snaps&starts in recent years bc Chargers IDL was one of the worst.

Of all the rotational big bodies, he is definitely one of them.

Ummmm... well during Square's tenure much of the time... with Ingram standing up on early downs... LAC's IDL was one guy, Brandon Mebane, and as with all NTs his job was to occupy at least two OL and keep the ILBs clean... and Mebane wasn't bad at his job.

And while Square was listed as Mebane's back up on the Depth Chart in 2018, Square's best season, his starts came at DT/LDE opposite Bosa when Corey Liuget started the season on suspension and finished it on IR.

So I dunno... safe bet that Square was brought in to compete for a spot in what more and more looks like it will be an IDL rotation. He may be long in the tooth, but he's been productive in the past and he's available...

He hasn't missed a game in each of the past four seasons.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-dt-damion-square

... and that ain't nothing.

image.png.0f14fe0282f7f95ea8d405465fa78dd5.png

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

Damion Square ....... Sheldon wont return now ...

You keep saying that, but I can't find any reports that Richardson has visited any other teams.

• Thanks 1

Wasn't sure else where to put this little observance but after skimming through multiple sites today looking at Dline summary's I noticed this one thing...

I feel most analysis, of Dline specifically, has become lazy AF pre-draft IMHO.   Walter, PFT, CBS, Draft Network, etc etc.  A good deal of the commentary really does look like it's cut and paste when you start getting into the nitty-gritty of the mid to late rounds.   I don't even mean in a deja-vu kind of way when comparing players.   I genuinely mean in they cut and paste and moved some words around.      See this is why I have trust issues, kids.  

• Upvote 1

I have trust issues, kids. See this is why. I noticed this one thing. A good deal of the commentary really does look like they cut and paste and moved some words around.  I feel most analysis has become lazy AF.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I have trust issues, kids. See this is why. I noticed this one thing. A good deal of the commentary really does look like they cut and paste and moved some words around.  I feel most analysis has become lazy AF.

Very good Nero you little cut 'n paste wizard. You should come live in Cut N' Shoot, Texas.

Here's a Gipper trivia question. What boxer from Cut N' Shoot once fought for the world Heavyweight Championship?

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Very good Nero you little cut 'n paste wizard. You should come live in Cut N' Shoot, Texas.

Here's a Gipper trivia question. What boxer from Cut N' Shoot once fought for the world Heavyweight Championship?

Jerry Quarles?

What boxer from Akron  WAS  Heavyweight Champion?  

What boxer that lived in Orwell Ohio  (in NE Ohio)   was heavyweight champion? 

Or...I thought of another guy from Texas  who may have fought for the title:   did he go by the name "Tex"?   and have a Packer WR with the same name? 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Jerry Quarles?

What boxer from Akron  WAS  Heavyweight Champion?  

What boxer that lived in Orwell Ohio  (in NE Ohio)   was heavyweight champion? 

Or...I thought of another guy from Texas  who may have fought for the title:   did he go by the name "Tex"?   and have a Packer WR with the same name? 

His first name starts with an R and he fought Floyd Patterson.

44 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

His first name starts with an R and he fought Floyd Patterson.

Well  I am thinking of Randall Tex Cobb.   I don't know who he fought. 

Former Heavyweight Champion  Michael Dokes was from Akron.  (was because he died in 2012)

The the guy that lived in Orwell?    I will let mjp tell you that one. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well  I am thinking of Randall Tex Cobb.   I don't know who he fought. 

Former Heavyweight Champion  Michael Dokes was from Akron.  (was because he died in 2012)

The the guy that lived in Orwell?    I will let mjp tell you that one. 

Roy Harris fought Patterson in 1958. He still lives in Cut and Shoot at age 87. He was knocked down 4 times before his corner stopped the fight in round 13. He also has the distinction of later going at the 2:35 mark in round one with Sonny Liston before the referee stopped the bout. Later also lost on points to Henry Cooper of England in a 10 rd. bout. He got out of the fight game at age 27 and became a practicing attorney in his small home town. He was county clerk for many years and drew up the papers for Cut and Shoot to become incorporated.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Roy Harris fought Patterson in 1958. He still lives in Cut and Shoot at age 87. He was knocked down 4 times before his corner stopped the fight in round 13. He also has the distinction of later going at the 2:35 mark in round one with Sonny Liston before the referee stopped the bout. Later also lost on points to Henry Cooper of England in a 10 rd. bout. He got out of the fight game at age 27 and became a practicing attorney in his small home town. He was county clerk for many years and drew up the papers for Cut and Shoot to become incorporated.

Never heard of him. 
By the way the guy that lived in Orwell OH is a guy named Mike Tyson. He has since sold that house. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Never heard of him. 
By the way the guys that lived in Orwell OH is a guy named Mike Tyson. He has since sold that house. 

Well I was only 11 at the time so there is no reason you would have to remember him. He did put up a courageous fight to go that long and then have his corner stop it when he wanted to keep fighting.

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well I was only 11 at the time so there is no reason you would have to remember him. He did put up a courageous fight to go that long and then have his corner stop it when he wanted to keep fighting.

So did Chuck Wepner....upon whom Rocky was based. 

Whether we wish to admit it or not, the success of this defense - I.E. reaching the potential this personnel (on paper) appears to have, rests largely on the health and performance of Andrew Billings.

But you probably won't hear his name mentioned but a couple times between now and the regular season.  If he comes back and shows out like he did with Cincy in 2019, then the sky is the limit.  If he doesn't, and the Browns lack a suitable nose/shade replacement (which right now we have no answer to)  then.... Well, a defense that is weak right up the middle tends to not be a good defense.

49 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Whether we wish to admit it or not, the success of this defense - I.E. reaching the potential this personnel (on paper) appears to have, rests largely on the health and performance of Andrew Billings.

But you probably won't hear his name mentioned but a couple times between now and the regular season.  If he comes back and shows out like he did with Cincy in 2019, then the sky is the limit.  If he doesn't, and the Browns lack a suitable nose/shade replacement (which right now we have no answer to)  then.... Well, a defense that is weak right up the middle tends to not be a good defense.

And you wouldn't let me take Barmore-the first DT selected in the draft.😂

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And you wouldn't let me take Barmore-the first DT selected in the draft.😂

Whom fell to day 2, you're not adding.  Just where I said McNeil would be.  Because the drop from 1 to 2 didn't look that steep on film when you discounted their respective assignments over the course of a season.