THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Malik McDowell

darren15

He has the chance to compete for a spot....Seahawks 2019 2nd rd pick, never played a snap after an ATV accident then getting jailed for 11 months.... apparently worked to turn his life around and Berry is giving him a chance

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

He has the chance to compete for a spot....Seahawks 2019 2nd rd pick, never played a snap after an ATV accident then getting jailed for 11 months.... apparently worked to turn his life around and Berry is giving him a chance

For a moment I thought you said  Malcom McDowell.

Malcolm McDowell: Clockwork Orange and Getting Ripped Off by Kubrick |  IndieWire

This should stop people wish-posting about bringing back Sheldon. He's gone.. because we don't have the cap space.

Malik's History of Bad Decisions:

Crashed an ATV weeks before his first mini-camp in June 2017.
Got arrested three months later in September 2017 for DUI.  I wonder if the DUI was on an ATV, but I can't find clarification.
Was arrested again two months later in November 2017 for disorderly conduct.
Got arrested in 2019 for an OVI that led to also being charged with assault and resisting arrest.
Was arrested two months after that for receiving and concealing a stolen car.
Was sued by the Seahawks for not returning money due to his early-termination.

So he's entirely crazy.  Or likely already CTE.  PS perhaps - to get back in playing shape because he hasn't been there for years.

20 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

This should stop people wish-posting about bringing back Sheldon. He's gone.. because we don't have the cap space

I've heard rumors that the Browns are so strapped for money that they can't afford to turn on the lights for night home games this season, if they have them. They are going to ask fans to pull their cars up to the stadium gates and leave their headlights on to illuminate the field. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

Do not know the terms yet, years or salary

I haven't seen any new salary numbers yet but you can bet that with his past history of bad decisions with an initial salary of $85,000 and a $3.2 M signing bonus it will have performance and personal conduct stuff in it.

He's getting another shot to make good.

Screenshot_2021-05-03_204352.jpg

Why did the Seahawks sue him for 800k? Hint: He walked away with only 1.5 of that 3.2.

The Illusion of NFL Rookie Wealth - Out of all NFL draftees, Forbes picked.. McDowell?

Salary is a game check only when you're available - but in McDowell's case, they paid him 5k/week in 2017 even though they could have paid $0. That's why they list his salary as 85k.. he was 3rd pick of the second, his salary was higher.  McDowell was formally on NFI and therefore not available.

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

This should stop people wish-posting about bringing back Sheldon. He's gone.. because we don't have the cap space.

Got arrested three months later in September 2017 for DUI.  I wonder if the DUI was on an ATV, but I can't find clarification.
Got arrested in 2019 for an OVI that led to also being charged with assault and resisting arrest.

So he's entirely crazy.  Or likely already CTE.  PS perhaps - to get back in playing shape because he hasn't been there for years.

In other words,  he seems a lot like Malcolm McDowell's character in A Clockwork Orange....except without the rape and murder....and without Singing in the Rain:

I wonder if he is already in the NFL substance abuse program (idk the official name). Because if he is in it, he is screwed, he doesn't seem like the guy to stay clear of trouble for a long time. 

I mean this in a respectful way, Pat McAffee said that the way it is structured, once you are in the NFL substance abuse program, you are screwed because the testing is so random and exhaustive that any thing is punished and it is really hard to get clear of it, because you can get tested anytime, anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Makes Kareem Hunt look like a saint.  :)  

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Kicking over all the rocks looking for another 3tech.   If MM gets his head on straight and shows the potential he had at MSU, who knows?   If not, camp body cut.  No harm, no foul.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What is the worse that can happen?  He doesn't work out and gets cut.....and we look at the other   7 DTs we have on the roster. 

Yep-and same applies to Wilson. Both former 5***** HS players which normally translates to a top 2-3 DL player in the country at that time. Nothing to lose and everything to gain with both of these guys. If even one of the two pans out we will all be elated.