THE BROWNS BOARD

With The 32nd Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft ....

darren15

I know I will be watching DLinemen (DE and DTs) and WRs intently this upcoming college football season. 

After this season ends, I believe the only DLinemen on the Browns under contract will by Myles Garrett, Jordan Elliot and Tommy Togiai (assuming the last two make the team for the 2021 season). 

We all know the big portion of the salary cap devoted to Landry and OBJ at the WR position, and once again Higgins will be a free agent after this season. Down Rt. 71, there's two potential first round WRs in Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. 

I'd also hit the OLine next year in the draft, for sure. Looking at the starting five as of today (and assuming they are the starting five during the season) of Wills, Bitonio, Tretter, Teller and Conklin, four of them have some to major question marks on how much longer they will be with the Browns. Wills is a mainstay, but Bitonio. Tretter and Conklin are all fairly expensive veterans, and Teller is a free agent after this season who may command a big contract. Finding immediate and/or eventual replacements for those four is an obvious need for next year's draft.  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know I will be watching DLinemen (DE and DTs) and WRs intently this upcoming college football season. 

After this season ends, I believe the only DLinemen on the Browns under contract will by Myles Garrett, Jordan Elliot and Tommy Togiai (assuming the last two make the team for the 2021 season). 

We all know the big portion of the salary cap devoted to Landry and OBJ at the WR position, and once again Higgins will be a free agent after this season. Down Rt. 71, there's two potential first round WRs in Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. 

I'd also hit the OLine next year in the draft, for sure. Looking at the starting five as of today (and assuming they are the starting five during the season) of Wills, Bitonio, Tretter, Teller and Conklin, four of them have some to major question marks on how much longer they will be with the Browns. Wills is a mainstay, but Bitonio. Tretter and Conklin are all fairly expensive veterans, and Teller is a free agent after this season who may command a big contract. Finding immediate and/or eventual replacements for those four is an obvious need for next year's draft.  

Seriously Leal will likely be a top 10 pick if he comes out early and I think we will be good enough this year to have to trade up to get him. Like Garrett he is flexible enough to come inside or out on the DL. They use him that way now at A&M so he is used to it also.

Of course it is way too early to have a mock draft, but what the hell, let's look ahead anyways. From today's Plain Dealer, writer Matt Goul gives it a crack. At worst, this will give everyone a basic idea of who to watch this coming season.

1. Detroit: Spencer Rattler, QB, Oklahoma

2. Jacksonville: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU

3. Carolina: Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon

4. NY Jets: Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson

5. Houston: Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

6. Cincinnati: DeMarvin Leal, DE/DT, Texas A&M

7. Philadelphia: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

8. NY Giants: Drake Jackson, DE/OLB, USC

9. Las Vegas: Chris Olave, WR, The Ohio State University

10. LA Chargers: Garrett Wilson, WR, The Ohio State University

11. Philadelphia: Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame

12. Atlanta: Zach Harrison, DE, The Ohio State University

13. NY Giants: John Metchie, WR, Alabama

14. New Orleans: J.T. Daniels, QB, Georgia

15. Indianapolis: Darian Kinnard, OT, Kentucky

16. Denver: Nik Bonitto, DE, Oklahoma

17. Pittsburgh: Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss

18. Dallas: Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida

19. Washington: Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, The Ohio State University

20. Arizona: Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

21. NY Jets: Tykee Smith, S, West Virginia

22. Miami: Nolan Smith, OLB, Georgia

23. Tennessee: Aidan Hutchinson, DE, TTUN

24. New England: Tyler Lindenbaum, C, Iowa

25. Detroit: Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, CB, TCU

26. Minnesota: Zion Tupuola-Fetui, DE, Washington

27. Green Bay: Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

28. Buffalo: George Karloftis, DE, Purdue

29. Baltimore: Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama

30. Kansas City: Jamaree Salyer, OG, Georgia

31. Cleveland: Tyreke Smith, DE, The Ohio State University

32. Tampa Bay: Zion Nelson, OT, Miami

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Seriously Leal will likely be a top 10 pick if he comes out early and I think we will be good enough this year to have to trade up to get him. Like Garrett he is flexible enough to come inside or out on the DL. They use him that way now at A&M so he is used to it also.

I think we are going to have to start  calling you   "Woody West".    You both just pay attention to guys that come out of  one school.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think we are going to have to start  calling you   "Woody West".    You both just pay attention to guys that come out of  one school.

Actually that is just the ones you see that I bring here. I also discussed Dak, Henry, Chubb & Michel, as well as others from the SEC. Now I will admit that since I see a lot of SEC down here I bring that focus with me to the BB. Guilty. And if you notice this year I did not really say much about A&M players because I did not feel we had many really good ones of interest to the Browns betterment as a team. But those 3 for next year are really going to be first rounders and all 3 would help this team be better in those positions.

https://sportsnaut.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-projections-top-prospects/

Most other mocks like this one have Howell as the better QB. I agree with them. This one also has Kenyon Green coming out early from A&M, but since he is switching from Guard to Left Tackle, I am not sure he will come out. He is left out of most mocks for that reason I think. Or just no views on him yet as a LT in the SEC.

On 5/2/2021 at 9:48 AM, The Gipper said:

ProFootballNetwork  mock draft for 2022:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-an-unheralded-passer-goes-first-overall/2/

They have a QB from Liberty....yes, Liberty,  going #1 overall. 

I suppose picking someone from Liberty is extra insurance  at the position ...