THE BROWNS BOARD

UDFAs

The Gipper

Cleveland Browns

• DT Marvin Wilson, Florida State
  • RB Tre Harbison, Charlotte
  • CB Manny Rugamba, Miami (OH)
  • DE Romeo McKnight, Illinois State

Note:  Ardarius  Washington,  Safety  TCU  was signed by  the Ravens as a UDFA.    In our BB Mock Draft,  this guy went in the  second or third round. 

Edit:   here it is.  He was taken  #39 overall by us:   39) Carolina Panthers.....Ar'Darius Washington  Safety  TCU

found this from twitter... NO*...major outlets confirming this as of yet

Congratulations to former @KStateFB & @GopherFootball CB, Kiondre Thomas on agreeing to terms with the @Browns! Browns fans can follow him @ItsJustKon!

Stay tuned...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

found this from twitter... NO*...major outlets confirming this as of yet

Congratulations to former @KStateFB & @GopherFootball CB, Kiondre Thomas on agreeing to terms with the @Browns! Browns fans can follow him @ItsJustKon!

Stay tuned...

Now confirmed @cleveland.com....So let's go with... he's in the CB mix & Welcome to Cleveland... 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/05/cleveland-browns-2021-undrafted-rookie-free-agent-tracker-live-updates.html

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

This is My minor complaint this offseason.  

Parkey could be responsible for 2/3 games this coming year.  Are we confident he will deliver? 

I'm not...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm not...

If Parkey is the guy they need to open up First Energy during any inclement weather and let him kick and figure it out and Hire Dawson as a consultant.  He ain’t gonna figure it out kicking in Berea. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

This is My minor complaint this offseason.  

Parkey could be responsible for 2/3 games this coming year.  Are we confident he will deliver? 

Not if it's over 45 yards

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

his max is 38yrds

He's made a few from 40+.

The other problem is he rarely kicks it out of the endzone on kickoffs, drives me nuts. 

1 minute ago, Bob806 said:

He's made a few from 40+.

The other problem is he rarely kicks it out of the endzone on kickoffs, drives me nuts. 

He's too inconsistent for my taste non the less... I would like to see this position greatly improved..

1 minute ago, nickers said:

He's too inconsistent for my taste non the less... I would like to see this position greatly improved..

Agree. I'm sure they'll bring in a few kickers to camp. Parkey has to know he isn't a lock for the job.

10 placekicker post's should break a BB record..  🤓 🤣... (why not 11?) 

McCrane, Matthew SF20 .....we have protected this unknown on our PS

since?

McCrane was signed to the Cleveland Browns' practice squad on September 22, 2020.[18]

and again...

McCrane was signed to a reserve/futures contract by the Browns on January 18, 2021.[19]   he's got be worth something? maybe?

Sure Berry will bring in kicker camp legs... but that guy, can't be just hoping to hang some flutters thru our goal pipes... It takes a driver style kicker in Cleveland.. personally, I did not see one in this draft class.. Even the great Justin Tucker missed a extra point in his last visit into Cleveland..( but damm he crushed that heartbreaking game winning 55 yarder :mad:

Final camp cut downs.. the list should welcome many Parkey job seekers... stay tuned

46 minutes ago, nickers said:

his max is 38yrds

Phil Dawson:  FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 72.5% success rate

Cody Parkey: FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 75.8% success rate

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Phil Dawson:  FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 72.5% success rate

Cody Parkey: FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 75.8% success rate

are you serious? I'm shocked myself...keep printing them (s)Parkey jerseys 🤐

3 hours ago, nickers said:

I still can't believe.. No kicker to replace Cody "I suck" Parkey...

Half the kickers in the league are guys that got cut from other teams.   If they don't think Parkey will work,  they  will  find some guy on the wires somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

are you serious? I'm shocked myself...keep printing them (s)Parkey jerseys 🤐

I knew nickers "he can't kick anything beyond 38 yards" comment was typical nickers idiocy, but I was pretty damn shocked to come up with those results!

I'm sure he will have competition come this training camp. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Half the kickers in the league are guys that got cut from other teams.   If they don't think Parkey will work,  they  will  find some guy on the wires somewhere. 

God I can only hope so...

Four more... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/undrafted-free-agent-tracker-2021-rookie-signings-from-all-32-nfl-teams-in-one-spot-following-nfl-draft/

Cleveland Browns

• DT Marvin Wilson, Florida State - actually started out pretty high o boards... and then came his ProDay.
  • RB Tre Harbison, Charlotte - any 411, gum? Measurables are unremarkable...
  • CB Manny Rugamba, Miami (OH) - What he lacks in size he makes up for with lack of speed???
  • DE Romeo McKnight, Illinois State - His 40 was shit (4.98), but a slow 10-yd split(1.67) put it in the dumpster before he got rolling and his Vert (38") and Broad Jump (9'10) both say he has more burst than his split showed.

image.png.5fb13e712ffe370c6b0c62b7449d5a89.pngimage.png.96a061ff2290d3b901c5fd4c4a3cde01.png

image.png.5e7d5fda85aa87c5e36035de383ce653.pngimage.png.ef9e7a71d9a3333c66b43c0387d82214.png

Ones that got away... at least for now...

• Cincinnati Bengals - RB Pooka Williams Jr., Kansas 

• Jacksonville Jaguars - LB Dylan Moses, Alabama; WR Josh Imatorbhebhe, Illinois 

• Minnesota Vikings - WR Whop Philyor, Indiana;  LB Tuf Borland, Ohio State

Just occurred to me that we are not an attractive UDFA destination. Going to be tough for most of these signings to even make the PS.

Price of the roster we've assembled.

What a nice problem to have... :D

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Just occurred to me that we are not an attractive UDFA destination. Going to be tough for most of these signings to even make the PS.

Price of the roster we've assembled.

What a nice problem to have... :D

I’d be chomping at the bit as a DT or K...but yeah  all other spots it is the price of the progress we’ve made.

Our 3rd string QB we got from the Giants is no good.  So you would think maybe QB too and  We’ve got a potential backup spot in 2022 if you look at Keenum’s cap number. 

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

• CB Manny Rugamba, Miami (OH) - What he lacks in size he makes up for with lack of speed???

And he’s my new favorite UDFA! Gotta root for the Miami guy.

His highlight reel is underwhelming as well with an awful lot of plays showing how good he is in run support. But we need that right? Corners who can cover receivers are fine and all, but we need corners who can stuff the run too. Tough, smart and accountable.

I’m rooting for you Manny!

14 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

And he’s my new favorite UDFA! Gotta root for the Miami guy.

His highlight reel is underwhelming as well with an awful lot of plays showing how good he is in run support. But we need that right? Corners who can cover receivers are fine and all, but we need corners who can stuff the run too. Tough, smart and accountable.

I’m rooting for you Manny!

With a  name like that,   a mix between the Rumba and the Mamba,  he has to come up with some special  celebration  dance. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Has anyone heard of any medical issues for Wilson? Several day3 DT's had nowhere near his stats or athleticism, so I really don't understand why he was available.

More than a few... https://www.cover1.net/nfl-draft-injury-impact-florida-state-dt-marvin-wilson/ Seems injury is an annual thing for him and he was less than 100% for the Sr. Bowl and his ProDay.

Also a number of profiles I read on him used words like "flashes" and "designated pass rusher". He was a highly touted H.S. player... maybe he never put the work in to be consistent ... and stay healthy.

It makes me wonder if he also interviewed poorly.

Notable UDFA

Jacksonville - WR Imatorbhebhe // LB Dylan Moses

49ers - LB Justin Hilliard // WR Austin Hilliard

Cincy - P Drue Chrisman

Detroit - WR Sage Surratt

Eagles - WR Trevon Grimes // QB Jamie Newman

Titans - K Blake Haubeil

Vikings - LB Tuf Borland // WR Whop Philyor

Baltimore - S Ar'Darius Washington

Seahawks - WR Tammorion Terry

On 5/3/2021 at 9:15 AM, The Gipper said:

With a  name like that,   a mix between the Rumba and the Mamba,  he has to come up with some special  celebration  dance. 

Rugamba?  No we picked up a Rutabaga....  :D  

image.jpeg.e8313aff269a3c113d71250cfada71cb.jpeg

On 5/3/2021 at 9:15 AM, The Gipper said:

PS- Be glad this isn't the OLD Dawg Pound- with a name like that- he makes a bad play- they'd be throwing turnips at him....  

And I will officially nominate him as having the most colorful Training Camp Name since the never to be forgotten running back- Ben Gay. It was before your time here Tex- but it's true. https://www.cleveland19.com/story/756925/browns-release-popular-running-back-ben-gay/  :)   

LOL- I had to remind my co season ticket holder- he didn't believe me- we actually drafted a guy by the name of Ifo Ekpre-Olomu.