THE BROWNS BOARD

Andrew Berry

7moses7

4 hours ago, nickers said:

I'll wait another season before I christen him...

Ah, the eternal optimist.🐥🐤🐣

Between the draft and the FA signings this year and last, this can truly be called the new Browns and Berry is the best we have had. And if he somehow gets a re-sign from SR, give the man a crown.👑

Did you guys see how Berry started his Round 2 presser after taking JOK? He said, "I'll start by asking you guys a question: Is this a fever dream or did the browns actually trade up AND took a LBer? I'm curious." Trolling 1000% and I love it.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=andrew+berry+round+2+press+conference&atb=v250-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK4L4a9kJ_XA

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

Did you guys see how Berry started his Round 2 presser after taking JOK? He said, "I'll start by asking you guys a question: Is this a fever dream or did the browns actually trade up AND took a LBer? I'm curious." Trolling 1000% and I love it.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=andrew+berry+round+2+press+conference&atb=v250-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK4L4a9kJ_XA

JOK, or "Tim" as I have dubbed him, was the one guy that I thought could wreck "The Browns Do Not Put Much Stock In LBs" narrative. I had zero thought that the Browns would take someone like Zaven Collins in Round 1 (even if he was available) but JOK/Tim was the hybrid LB/Safety guy that really fit what the Browns are trying to do. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Pretty sure we can come up with a synonym for "did really well" other than felony manslaughter..

I think it is a take off on "he killed it".   

So, if you do not like those idioms,  how about:   "He earned his doctorate" in his field.   Or  "He won the Oscar  for Best  GM....or, at least, was nominated".  

Or, how about:  "He scored like Joe DiMaggio"  (meaning both his baseball career and his marriage to  Marilyn Monroe). 

Outside of that, seems just a question of value and the quality of players available.. LB are obviously a position and given a choice, let's play an All-Pro..

On the question of value and quality of the players he took.....we should always heed the advice:   Wait  3-5 years. 

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

On the question of value and quality of the players he took.....we should always heed the advice:   Wait  3-5 years. 

some can get a better window view after only 2... Who's coaching them? Munchak & Callahan or ____________?.... See also our once drafted Jabril Peppers..put him with Dean Pee's vs Gregg Williams? Pro coaching is such a huge factor... just ask Cleveland.. it takes a whole great staff.. not just one >>> 

That now became a huge Steeler issue.. 

Well,  let's go back   5 years,   to the 2016 draft,   and see who,  by one particular  metric  (PFR CA)    had the  5 best scores, and the 5 worst scores:

Top 5:

Dallas:   196   included  Zeke/Dak

Titans   154   included  Conklin and Henry

Jax   139    include Jalen Ramsey  and Ngakoue

Atlanta   135   (Included Austin Hooper)

Baltimore   130   included Matt Judon, now gone

Lowest  5:

Arizona   24

Minnesota   27

Tampa Bay  44

Washington and Buffalo   47

(next lowest:  Pittsburgh)

Same Deal  for  3 years ago,  2018.    Best/worst  PFRCA numbers:

Top  5:

Baltimore  160   (Jackson)

Indianapolis  154   (Quenton/  Leonard

Cleveland   103

Buffalo   100   

San Francisco   90

Bottom 5:

Kansas City  28

New Orleans  30

Philadelphia  36

NY Jets  39

Tennessee  41

Of course...it is fair to point out that the last two  Super Bowl Champs each appeared in the Bottom 5 of these years.  (I know that  2017 was good to KC with Holmes in there)

On 5/2/2021 at 9:17 AM, Dutch Oven said:

JOK, or "Tim" as I have dubbed him

If this the "Tim" of which you speak?

• Haha 1