THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Draft Round 4 and Beyond

The Gipper

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Overall I can only guess we are in decent position to resign SR, because we sure did not target a DL like I thought we needed to do.

but

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/browns-pick-tommy-togiai

Hudson seems a good potential swing and eventual starter; I believe in Callahan's ability to train him up.  Time to save some cap via sending Hubbard on his way? Hubbard saves 3.6 with 1.3 dead if cut; 4.9 salary.

This season we'll know if Harris is good enough to start in 2022.

Togiai will make a good rotational piece.. hopefully he shows enough to start.

Next draft it's more IDL and Edge focus..

I'm sure it's already been posted...I wasn't in tune with the draft until later.   It was a nice trade.  We gave them Our 4th.  They gave us Theirs' (2022).  We gave them a 7th.  They gave us a 5th.  And we chose a LB'er , a perfect spot for that position of need.   That's a thing of beauty.  GM beauty.

May 1 (12:28 p.m.) - Minutes after selecting Cincinnati T James Hudson with the 110th overall pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Browns traded their 113th (fourth round) and 257th (seventh) overall picks to the Detroit Lions for a 2021 fifth-round pick (153) and 2022 fourth-round pick.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm sure it's already been posted...I wasn't in tune with the draft until later.   It was a nice trade.  We gave them Our 4th.  They gave us Theirs' (2022).  We gave them a 7th.  They gave us a 5th.  And we chose a LB'er , a perfect spot for that position of need.   That's a thing of beauty.  GM beauty.

May 1 (12:28 p.m.) - Minutes after selecting Cincinnati T James Hudson with the 110th overall pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Browns traded their 113th (fourth round) and 257th (seventh) overall picks to the Detroit Lions for a 2021 fifth-round pick (153) and 2022 fourth-round pick.

And 8 picks next year....starting with #32.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Browns select Demetric Felton, a RB/WR hybrid from UCLA. 

5'9", 190lbs.

I wonder if he could be a Jamal White from back in the Couch/Holcomb years.  

Any relation to Jamel White?

Looks like we have a new KR... which was also Jamel's biggest area of contribution.

image.png.3888c001655073b2d493024443f9ab9d.png

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I don't know any Steve Urkel.  But I do know a Stephon Arkell.

LOL. sorry, I didn't get it - never saw that one. lol

FYI   stat:

2021 NFL Draft by college team

https://www.aol.com/sec-set-major-nfl-draft-022256888.html

New record of 65 broke their old record of 64

"SHOCKING! The SEC led all conferences in draft selections for the 15th straight year. The 65 picks out of the SEC were the most by a conference in a single draft. All 14 SEC schools had at least 1 player selected, the only conference that had every school with a pick."

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

https://www.aol.com/sec-set-major-nfl-draft-022256888.html

New record of 65 broke their old record of 64

"SHOCKING! The SEC led all conferences in draft selections for the 15th straight year. The 65 picks out of the SEC were the most by a conference in a single draft. All 14 SEC schools had at least 1 player selected, the only conference that had every school with a pick."

And more busts than any other conference  because they can't get their  HGH in the NFL 

I really like the Felton pick. He can play both the RB and slot WR positions. He absolutely torched everyone at the Senior Bowl. I think this is Kareem Hunt insurance. I'm not saying they are the same player, but a guy who is good at both catching and running. He adds more versatility to the room. I think that's the key word with this browns draft and what they are looking for in their players. Guys who can move around, are fast and versatile. 

They added the DT Wilson from FSU as a priority UDFA. Does this change anyone's opinion? He was potentially a first rounder coming into 2020 but looked awful last year. I think the Browns are taking a chance that he regains the fire. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

And more busts than any other conference  because they can't get their  HGH in the NFL 

You better start checking NFL final rosters. I'll ignore the other part because that stuff is used fairly consistently % wise across the board.

FYI   stat:

2021 NFL Draft by college team

What is wrong with Michigan? 

Pro Prospects each and every year but you lose to a team like Michigan State (they had 0 draft picks) 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You better start checking NFL final rosters. I'll ignore the other part because that stuff is used fairly consistently % wise across the board.

I stand by what I said....more busts. 

At least as far as the Cleveland Browns are concerned.  Hello  maybe Mack Wilson,  Barky Mingo,  JFF,   Trent Richardson,   Gerard Warren....Tim Couch if you want to include him.

Jury still out on Greedy/Delpit

Obviously not all:  Chubb/Garrett/Wills/Joe Haden.    But still too many to suit me.     

Though...also,  if we never draft another  Oklahoma St. player  it would be fine:    Weeden/Gilbert/Ogbah

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

What is wrong with Michigan? 

Pro Prospects each and every year but you lose to a team like Michigan State (they had 0 draft picks) 

Really?   

Off the top of my head, I would say:    look at the coaching as a potential obvious answer.  Though I honestly think that  Jim Harbaugh could/should be a pretty darn good coach.  He was very good at Stanford,  and with the 49ers.  

Though let's  run this comment up the flag pole and see who salutes:     Jim Harbaugh is nowhere as good a coach as John Harbaugh. 

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You'd be better off just ignoring the vast majority of what he writes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Really?   

Off the top of my head, I would say:    look at the coaching as a potential obvious answer.  Though I honestly think that  Jim Harbaugh could/should be a pretty darn good coach.  He was very good at Stanford,  and with the 49ers.  

Though let's  run this comment up the flag pole and see who salutes:     Jim Harbaugh is nowhere as good a coach as John Harbaugh. 

I like to hear the theories.

I don’t think it is recruiting although their current class is not great. 

They haven’t developed QB talent...although they’ve recruited fairly well at the position. 

His staffs have been less than stellar.

Of course He’s fallen off too.