THE BROWNS BOARD

Rounds 2 & 3

Tour2ma

Just waiting for the Browns to turn in that card for Alim McNeil and make me look like a smart man.

edit:  Just sat down after swimming some laps.    Making up a nice Spanish omelette, sweet potato home fries... weather is outstanding in NE Ohio.   Couldn't be more excited to have people come to our city and showcase CLE in this light.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Quotes from PFF wrapup podcast about last night, will update as it goes on

When was the last time the Browns made a bad move?

Steelers took their first round pick and lit it on fire.

Jaguars already have the poster child for why 1st round RB isn't a need.. and their justification for Etienne ["He'll be a good third down piece"] is ridiculous

Have to ask this honestly and I'm actually doing it without a hint of condescension (as I feel you do have quality posts)

Are you a PFF data scientist?  

On 4/28/2021 at 8:31 PM, Dutch Oven said:

CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern 

On 4/28/2021 at 8:34 PM, SdBacker80 said:

I’m saying Greg Newsome as well.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:12 PM, BrownsnMopar said:

They will draft a CB in Rd1 If CB Greg Newsome II is there he is the pick..

On 4/29/2021 at 5:11 AM, Canton Dawg said:

^^^^^ This.

Congrats to our 4 winners...

... but now onto a more important tallying...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wonder if the Browns are banking on Nick Harris being Tretter's eventual replacement? 

Hope not.  Harris was a late round pick, no reason to not kick over further mid to late round rocks and see if somebody ends up showing more potential.  

9 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

You can't ever have to many good dbs. Greedy may never be healthy again (if he is even any good) and Ward has yet to play a full season.  A 6'1 corner who ran a 4.37 that is a technician at corner with very fluid hips is a solid pick at the end of the first round. We are gonna play a lot of 3 safety looks with delpit Harrison and Johnson so we won't have 3 linebackers on the field all that often 

Getting another injury riddled DB isnt exactly helping your team...

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Owusu is a DB.

And how is Woods the weak link now?

I'm not a fan of his shitty scheme...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm not a fan of his shitty scheme...

You're in luck, friend.  I've got the windows open to let the cool breeze come in.  I've got half a pot of coffee with my name on it and both of my monitors at the battle station watching football. Enjoying this rare opportunity of mine to just kick back and relax.

So in short, I have time to hear your explanation of "scheme".

Regale me.... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

You're in luck, friend.  I've got the windows open to let the cool breeze come in.  I've got half a pot of coffee with my name on it and both of my monitors at the battle station watching football. Enjoying this rare opportunity of mine to just kick back and relax.

So in short, I have time to hear your explanation of "scheme".

Regale me.... 

AND you have time for Gipper to admit you were right about Fields! 

THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER! 

32 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Just waiting for the Browns to turn in that card for Alim McNeil and make me look like a smart man.

edit:  Just sat down after swimming some laps.    Making up a nice Spanish omelette, sweet potato home fries... weather is outstanding in NE Ohio.   Couldn't be more excited to have people come to our city and showcase CLE in this light.

What a difference a day makes. Hope they can get a plane or the blimp out today for some aerial shots. Yesterday was definitely a no fly zone because of the constant rain.

• Like 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

AND you have time for Gipper to admit you were right about Fields! 

THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER! 

Between this, the $500 scratch off from Wednesday, the note left on my windshield outside the gym and my new 5wood showing up...    it's all downhill from here, bubs.

29 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

and my new 5wood showing up...    it's all downhill from here, bubs.

It started downhill with the 5 wood. I just broke my Wilson ProStaff Lite against some fool trying to take the ball off my racquet. I had a perfect low off the floor corner shot all lined up and this idiot thinks he needs to steal it from me to the back wall. Partners can be a bitch in that game sometimes, especially when they are not paying attention to what's going on. Now a 5 wood I can break over my knee on my own after a nice pond shot. Hate that damn game.😁

Guys I like:  

Terrace Marshall Jr.        WR         LSU        Junior    6'3"        200 lbs  SEC - West

Azeez Ojulari      EDGE     Georgia RS Sophomore   6'3"        240 lbs  SEC - East

Christian Barmore            IDL         Alabama              RS Sophomore   6'5"        310 lbs  SEC - West

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah         LB           Notre Dame        RS Junior             6'2"        216 lbs  FBS Independents

Trevon Moehrig                S             TCU       Junior    6'1"        208 lbs  Big 12

In regard to Fields...

The Jets thought a workout looked like Mahomes so they bypassed Fields.  The Jets have had a good QB...when? 

I don’t know what the Niners were thinking.  They may ask that question too 24 months from now.

And a team traded up from 20 to get Fields at 11. Giving up their first next year.  Says a lot to me but another team that can’t figure out the position.

I don’t know who is right or wrong here.

I thought Fields was a Top 10 prospect.  He probably needs a redshirt year. Atlanta was a perfect spot for him and it’s too bad because he’s got the keys from Day 1 and he needs a little drivers Ed 

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It started downhill with the 5 wood. I just broke my Wilson ProStaff Lite against some fool trying to take the ball off my racquet. I had a perfect low off the floor corner shot all lined up and this idiot thinks he needs to steal it from me to the back wall. Partners can be a bitch in that game sometimes, especially when they are not paying attention to what's going on. Now a 5 wood I can break over my knee on my own after a nice pond shot. Hate that damn game.😁

If my dad hadn't brought me along as a kid, I would have never tortured myself to play the game as an adult.

Honestly that's why I enjoy Golf, the psychological aspect is unreal.    If you lack the confidence in your swing, your club selection, your control, how you read the lie and visualize the shot... then you're fucked before you even take the swing.  It's about as close as you can get, mentally speaking, to playing QB without actually playing football. 

Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.

And now the tally...

image.png.4add53c7d5e1ac896045e0d287ef285e.png X ........ -$100

image.png.91d8e4dd6bbc3e758e9d688666a5b8e3.png Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390

image.png.382716aa86730dc7e883541df89921fb.png XX ....... -$100... net +$290

image.png.33ffc3b9b87f4d39c8cd389c02b3bb86.png  XXX ..... -$100... net +$190

image.png.0f13fb9c0d23c340dced9bdc6e85ef47.png XXXX .... -$100... net +$90

image.png.540aff1877effde7af9f6b74ed6d16c0.png XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10

image.png.deb695eac54fafc75ae568e12e30d4c2.png XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210

image.png.9f5a3c8d38d5c5f75c56fd9eeab219dd.png Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310

Last one....

image.png.5204e30549d1803d48ab63e261baf195.png XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410

Please keep you stubs for tax purposes... ;)

image.png

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.

And now the tally...

image.png.4add53c7d5e1ac896045e0d287ef285e.png X ........ -$100

image.png.91d8e4dd6bbc3e758e9d688666a5b8e3.png Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390

image.png.382716aa86730dc7e883541df89921fb.png XX ....... -$100... net +$290

image.png.33ffc3b9b87f4d39c8cd389c02b3bb86.png  XXX ..... -$100... net +$190

image.png.0f13fb9c0d23c340dced9bdc6e85ef47.png XXXX .... -$100... net +$90

image.png.540aff1877effde7af9f6b74ed6d16c0.png XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10

image.png.deb695eac54fafc75ae568e12e30d4c2.png XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210

image.png.9f5a3c8d38d5c5f75c56fd9eeab219dd.png Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310

Last one....

image.png.5204e30549d1803d48ab63e261baf195.png XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410

Please keep you stubs for tax purposes... ;)

image.png

Oof.     

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

If my dad hadn't brought me along as a kid, I would have never tortured myself to play the game as an adult.

Honestly that's why I enjoy Golf, the psychological aspect is unreal.    If you lack the confidence in your swing, your club selection, your control, how you read the lie and visualize the shot... then you're fucked before you even take the swing.  It's about as close as you can get, mentally speaking, to playing QB without actually playing football. 

Try tournament golf...

I was in the Houston Amateur Golf Association for years and the added load of playing for even a couple hundred dollar gift certificate has to be experienced to be believed.

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I have a good friend whose Dad started him around age 5. Even at 5'6" 145 lbs he could nail a driver from the Championship Tee very close to 300 yds every time. He had this unique little ninja sounding grunt to go with the "click" you heard the club make on impact and just watch with wonder. Funny thing is that his Dad was such a hard taskmaster he could never do anything right in his eyes despite being a 1 over par golfer by age 16. He threw away the game and turned down golf scholarships because of it. Put himself through school. About 10 years after college graduation he picked them up again, but just for his own fun and relaxation. Never seen anyone play like he does who never went professional. His short iron game from anywhere including rough, sand, bad angles, etc. is a thing of beauty. Drops it within 5 ft of the cup or less almost every time.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have a good friend whose Dad started him around age 5. Even at 5'6" 145 lbs he could nail a driver from the Championship Tee very close to 300 yds every time. He had this unique little ninja sounding grunt to go with the "click" you heard the club make on impact and just watch with wonder. Funny thing is that his Dad was such a hard taskmaster he could never do anything right in his eyes despite being a 1 over par golfer by age 16. He threw away the game and turned down golf scholarships because of it. Put himself through school. About 10 years after college graduation he picked them up again, but just for his own fun and relaxation. Never seen anyone play like he does who never went professional. His short iron game from anywhere including rough, sand, bad angles, etc. is a thing of beauty. Drops it within 5 ft of the cup less almost every time.

People are weird like that.  I know a few guys naturally gifted enough to have been on scholarship somewhere for football.  Maybe not even d1 but certainly d2.   They just didn't have the heart for a game they were organically good at.     Life's funny.