THE BROWNS BOARD

Rounds 2 & 3

Tour2ma

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better?  I mean, sure a young  center is going to be better than the  worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim  to play at Pouncey Prime level? 

Moore is not a center and last time I looked Harris was a RB.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Moore is not a center and last time I looked Harris was a RB.

Well, I wasn't just talking about those  2.   I was also talking about Kendrick Green.   I don't care what position they play,  the comment stands:   will they be better than who they replace? 

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.

I see I'm behind the times- your stud A&M Punter was drafted in 2020.  :)  But his punting average went way down in the NFL, probably coached to kick nonreturnable moon balls...  FWIW, our guy- The Scottish Hammer actually has a better punting average than Mann does in the NFL...  

I’ve been watching some JOK highlights. Admittedly I didn’t spend a lot of time outside of maybe watching 10-12 guys in this process. 

He plays downhill VERY well.  Notre Dame told him see ball get ball often and he pressured plays and disrupted the QB often.  He form tackles too!!!  The lost art of form tackling was impressed upon him and he does it well.

Great pick!!!

NOW will Joe Woods move beyond the passive pressure scheme with just the front 4 - drop 7 in coverage...or will he utilize the tool.   Myles on one side Clowney on the other JOK coming disguised.  Hide your QB!!! 

On a side note Fields (5th rounder) watched him as well at Zona and WVU he does an excellent job in coverage sniffing out throws and baiting QBs into mistakes.  He’s a zone coverage guy - Woods will love him I like him too. 

Thankfully JOK looks like he covers well too without PI. 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:08 PM, SdBacker80 said:

So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.  

I think we have a steal. 

Yup....

In 2020 he was #8 in the SEC in receptions with 54.

Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup....

Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.

Watching his 2020 game against Georgia now.  

Hasn't caught a ball past the LOS yet, I'm in the 3rd Qtr.     Good God, Auburns Oline is a mess and Bo Nix might be worse.

LOTS of work needed on Schwartz' feet. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup....

He catches the ball from what I see.  His bio...he’s a football guy throughout HS and College not a track guy with Olympic aspirations recruited last minute as a football guy. 

Year 1 I’ll take 8-10 play sub package each game 2/3 touches...go route, bubble screen and end around.   Let’s have a couple end around fakes with him....safety and end need to respect it with that speed...so suddenly off tackle works better and so does play action the other way.

10-20 years ago we would be drafting this guy to come on Year 1 as a #3 WR.  He has some elite professional route runners to learn from on this team 

cleaned up some of the past Browns trades..

#1. The Browns were given a Saints 4th rounder, pick #91.. which awarded the Browns WR Anthony Schwartz from Auburn..We gained the 4th allowing the Saints to draft Zack Baun @ pick 74 last season. While the Browns chose DT Jordan Elliott at pick #88 last season.

#2. Genard Avery was traded to Philly for a 4th.. That was pick #110 this season, that awarded the Browns T James Hudson..

#3. The Browns traded Austin Corbett to the LAR for a 5th..Pick #169 turned into the Browns drafting S Richard Lecounte III..

#4. The Browns were given a Bills 7th (pick 257) in the Wyatt Teller trade from the Bills.. The pick was traded away to the Lions. Gaining a 4th back next season..While trading back & drafting LB Tony Fields with the Browns later 5th round pick..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

cleaned up some of the past Browns trades..

#1. The Browns were given a Saints 4th rounder, pick #91.. which awarded the Browns WR Anthony Schwartz from Auburn..We gained the 4th allowing the Saints to draft Zack Baun @ pick 74 last season. While the Browns chose DT Jordan Elliott at pick #88 last season.

#2. Genard Avery was traded to Philly for a 4th.. That was pick #110 this season, that awarded the Browns T James Hudson..

#3. The Browns traded Austin Corbett to the LAR for a 5th..Pick #169 turned into the Browns drafting S Richard Lecounte III..

#4. The Browns were given a Bills 7th (pick 257) in the Wyatt Teller trade from the Bills.. The pick was traded away to the Lions. Gaining a 4th back next season..While trading back & drafting LB Tony Fields with the Browns later 5th round pick..

So,  essentially we traded  Genard Avery for  James Hudson.....and  Austin Corbett for  Richard LeCounte.   Now, on the surface those look like bright moves.....but I don't really know what  Avery and  Corbett have been doing since leaving here.   I just know we got burned by using a  high  2d round pick on Corbett. 

Note:  Checked:   Avery had a good rookie year in 2018  but his next two years  ...2019 split between the Browns and Eagles, and 2020 in Philly are nothing to write home about, at all.  He has started  no games since his rookie year,  and has made a grand total of  9 tackles the last 2 years. 

Austin Corbett  had a crap first two years,  but  he started all  23 games for the Rams since he was traded in the middle of 2019.  It seems that they shifted him from Tackle to  Guard, and it has worked out. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Austin Corbett  had a crap first two years,  but  he started all  23 games for the Rams since he was traded in the middle of 2019.  It seems that they shifted him from Tackle to  Guard, and it has worked out. 

Which may help explain why Jared Goff had 13 interceptions and 23 sacks against 20 TDs and is now playing for the Lions.😂

But at least he isn't Cam "Pancake" Erving, our 2015 #19 overall pick now on his 4th team in Carolina.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Which may help explain why Jared Goff had 13 interceptions and 23 sacks against 20 TDs and is now playing for the Lions.😂

But at least he isn't Cam "Pancake" Erving, our 2015 #19 overall pick now on his 4th team in Carolina.

Well...if they thought that Corbett was the problem there,  they would have  sat him on the bench or  cut his ass.  But, seemingly they did not perceive him to be the problem with Goff.  I think they thought that Goff was the problem with Goff. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...if they thought that Corbett was the problem there,  they would have  sat him on the bench or  cut his ass.  But, seemingly they did not perceive him to be the problem with Goff.  I think they thought that Goff was the problem with Goff. 

And the Jets thought Darnold was the problem with the Jets. but they had shit for an OL.

But in actuality the Rams OL was 3rd best in the NFL according to PFF.

Someone want to tell Gip that by the time we broke Camp in 2018 Corbett was an OG. Backed up Bito...

... and when we went to Camp in 2019 Corbett was projected to be our starting RG.

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Someone want to tell Gip that by the time we broke Camp in 2018 Corbett was an OG. Backed up Bito...

... and when we went to Camp in 2019 Corbett was projected to be our starting RG.

Here you go....