THE BROWNS BOARD

Rounds 2 & 3

Tour2ma

UPDATE:

• Come back here for Round 3 tonite and 4-7 tomorrow.
  • Following our last pick the winner(s) will be announced.

=============================================================================================

Will update for subsequent rounds, but for now just our #1...

Me?

I think ND's "LB" Owusu-Koramorah falls to us at 26 and is just too versatile to pass.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I’m wondering what odds I should offer you here as I’m 99.9% convinced they won’t take him if he is there 😆

Obviously 999:1...

Put me down for a Franklin. ;)

8 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Always knew you loved analytics

There's a decent amount of defensive players, and a couple WRs that I'd be fine with the Browns taking at #26...

Which means the nerds running this team will probably take some stiff! 😉

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

There's a decent amount of defensive players, and a couple WRs that I'd be fine with the Browns taking at #26...

Which means the nerds running this team will probably take some stiff! 😉

I’m pretty much convinced they’ll trade out of the first round and annoy everyone anyway 

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I’m pretty much convinced they’ll trade out of the first round and annoy everyone anyway 

I hate to give up that extra year of control you get with first round picks though... 

13 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

if we have to wait for Friday I could live with this...

Browns send 26 and 89 to Jax for 33 and 45

We would have 33, 45, 59 in the second round.

Chart favors the Browns in this one slightly BUT like some have mentioned extra year of control might be enticing for Jax. 

• Upvote 1

They will draft a CB in Rd1 If CB Greg Newsome II is there he is the pick...if he is gone...Georgia CB Eric Stokes! I really do like the trade back  scenario SD Backer 80 suggests above!!! 

• Like 1

I believe they will move up a bit - ahead of the Steelers, who have their eye on Zaven Collins, probably Owusu-Kamorah, too.

Maybe up to 20 with the Bears, who will probably pick an OL.

I'm a HUGE Zaven Collins fan, too, but I would love to hear them pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

If they stay at 26... Owusu is probably gone, so they may pick...

Tyson Campbell, cb.

if Tyson is gone....they also may trade down - and pick:

Joe Tryon. He will grow while learning from Clowney and McKinley.

or Eric Stokes.

so freaking complicated. LOL

Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m saying Greg Newsome as well.

DB is still an unsettled position as two of three guys we are counting on have missed significant time the past two years. 

Only if we move ahead of Chicago. He's in their back yard at the front of their radar.

Trade up ...... Greg Newsome
Stick at 26 ..... Azeez Ojulari

Trade Back .... Eric Stokes or Gregory Rousseau

If Caleb Farley is there at 26 do you risk it ?

7 hours ago, Orion said:

LB'er - Zaven Collins, Tulsa.  As Eric Clapton would say, our defense will be living on 'Tulsa Time'.   

If you think this front office is spending a first round pick on a LB, you have done too much of that Eric Clapton song 'Cocaine'... 😉

11 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Two back surgeries and a possible third on the way?

Oof. I have to pass on him, despite how good he is. 

56 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Risk  Farley?  Because of his health (Covid).....or just because of his play?     If Covid, he certainly should recover unless he is a very rare case.  For the other reason?  God only knows. 

Here is my  attitude about  who they draft:    I don't give a fuck.....as long as he turns out to be  good player.     Just  no  Barkevious Mingo/Danny Shelton/Justin Gilbert/Kameron Wimbley/Gerard Warren/Courtney Brown.    You know,  a guy that  either sucks swamp water or is so mediocre that they have to give up on him after a couple of years.

Just get a player regardless of his name or position. 

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Will update for subsequent rounds, but for now just our #1...

Me?

I think ND's "LB" Owusu-Koramorah falls to us at 26 and is just too versatile to pass.

This is different than figuring out #1, 2, 3 but even then there were surprises like Baker Mayfield who turned out ok.

My guess would be defense (except for the strange best athlete or a gift OL but most should be gone).    and so why not a gifted LB to shore up the middle group.  I'm sure it might be a surprise no matter who's name is called.

I think that next rounds will be just as important no matter what........

GO BROWNS on the 2021 Cleveland Draft weekend !

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If you think this front office is spending a first round pick on a LB, you have done too much of that Eric Clapton song 'Cocaine'... 😉

I certainly understand your point.  

Gonna set my watch back to it,  Cos you know that I've been through it,  Living on Tulsa Time.

Waaaay back when Cocaine first came out (I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album) I heard it on my clock radio while utilizing the snooze button.  I proceeded to Beacon Records and bought the record.  I was playing in a little band in Newport, RI.  I quickly wrote down the chords and words and brought it to band practice.  I played and sang it for them and they didn't like it.  A short time later Clapton came out with it (like he did with many of JJ's songs).  So, I said to the band, Do yas want to do it NOW?  We learned it that night and we had a show to play at Salve Regina University on the weekend.  The kids made us play that song 3 times.  (and the people in charge kept asking us to turn the volume down...but we didn't)  :)

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?

Collins offers a different kind of versatility from JOK. He might be our MIKE, but if his coverage skills translate to the next level, then I can see him being even more valuable at the SAM.

Long-term? Add just a little mass/strength and I think he transitions to our bookend to MG.

The only thing that gives me pause... well..... two things are his collegiate competition level and his Pro Day results.

• While Tulsa ain't Middle TN St or Eastern Michigan, the 'Merican Conference isn't that stern of a test.
  • Then there are his times in the 10 (1.63) and 40 (4.66). The former is good enough for Edge or LB, but the latter is a tad slow for today's LB game.

Thus my "translation" concern.

His vertical and broad jump results were... well... consistent with his 10-yd split. Good... not great...

On the plus side his 4.36 shuttle stacks up a bit better. I wish he'd run the 3-cone.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Orion said:

(I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album)

Love me some JJC... Only have his "Definitive Collection" CD, but it finds itself a player more than most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I certainly understand your point.  

Gonna set my watch back to it,  Cos you know that I've been through it,  Living on Tulsa Time.

Waaaay back when Cocaine first came out (I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album) I heard it on my clock radio while utilizing the snooze button.  I proceeded to Beacon Records and bought the record.  I was playing in a little band in Newport, RI.  I quickly wrote down the chords and words and brought it to band practice.  I played and sang it for them and they didn't like it.  A short time later Clapton came out with it (like he did with many of JJ's songs).  So, I said to the band, Do yas want to do it NOW?  We learned it that night and we had a show to play at Salve Regina University on the weekend.  The kids made us play that song 3 times.  (and the people in charge kept asking us to turn the volume down...but we didn't)  :)

Salve Regina!   I recently had a conversation with my son about him getting a job possibly teaching there.  (It is in Newport RI).  He had expressed a desire to become a Professor at a small, liberal arts college  and, as I said, that is one that came up because we had gone by there at one point.    That is not happening now because he is going to become a research scientist  for the government:  the USDA;   but something like that  could happen  in the future.

• Like 1