THE BROWNS BOARD

Boomers

Westside Steve

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

A lot of great memories of late summer nights working on cars and shooting hoops with the radio playing in the garage, oh yeah in high school and beyond.

I remember one summer night when I tore off the exaust pipes with a friend on my 1969 Camaro Z-28 and installed a set of Thrush headers but before putting on the header bolt on header mufflers I couldn't resist firing up the with the open headers and taking it for a ride.

It was after 10 pm but what the hell.  I fired it up in the garage and you couldn't hear anything it was so freaking LOUD !  

I backed up onto the street and let it rip.  Down our street and up the next and turned around in the fire station lot about a mile away and flew back home.

On the way home EVERY house had their outside lights on and we're out looking to see what the rumble was.  OMG what a ride, that Z could fly !

In the garage, pulled down the door and installed the bolt up header mufflers and reflected upon the run, wow.

My brothers said stuff was rattling on the shelves in the house....... what a summer night.   ;)

I'm wasn't sure whether to play "Those Were The Days My Friend" or "Summer Nights". So I compromised.😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

My parents loved their green stamps.  They would turn is stacks of them to get a toaster.

I remember having to use can openers to puncture cans...like cans of Hi-C.

My mother was always looking for good deals for the 8 of us and collected S&H, Plaid and  Top Value stamps by the books !

What a nice time to grow up, our weekly trips to the A&P in Niles Ohio as kids.

On 4/27/2021 at 6:12 PM, ballpeen said:

I remember having to use can openers to puncture cans...like cans of Hi-C.

I watched "Hud" with Paul Newman this week and twice in the movie he opens cans of Coors with that triangular shaped opener. Irony is that "Hud" takes place on a Texas cattle ranch in the early 60's and back then you could not get Coors in Texas. But it was Newman's favorite beer, so it got in the movie.🍺

• Upvote 1