THE BROWNS BOARD

The Off-season, Players in Trouble Thread

Tour2ma

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Post a link that does not require me me to turn my ad blocker off :P

Problem, of course, is that "self defense" is only pertinent if your escape is blocked and even then only until the "threat" is neutralized. Perhaps when Gip wanders into this thread again he could clarify..

It's never smart to run around throwing bottles at people but that doesn't give Donald or anyone a free pass.. especially since the attack hadn't continued and the guy wasn't actively posing a threat at Donald.  In short, this was assault. Provoked, sure, but assault just the same. 

Perhaps we'll hear that the drunk guy also insulted Donald's meemaw.. changes nothing.

The legit martial arts studios I know kick people out permanently if they find out their clients have been using the skills to assault/fight when unnecessary.

28 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Problem, of course, is that "self defense" is only pertinent if your escape is blocked and even then only until the "threat" is neutralized.  It's never smart to run around throwing bottles at people but that doesn't give Donald or anyone a free pass.. especially since the attack hadn't continued and the guy wasn't actively posing a threat at Donald.  In short, this was assault. Provoked, sure, but assault just the same. 

Perhaps we'll hear that the bottle guy also insulted Donald's meemaw.. changes nothing.

The legit martial arts studios I know kick people out permanently if they find out their clients have been using the skills to assault/fight when unnecessary.

“Self defense is only pertinent if your escape is blocked and”....

No.

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Problem, of course, is that "self defense" is only pertinent if your escape is blocked and even then only until the "threat" is neutralized. Perhaps when Gip wanders into this thread again he could clarify..

It's never smart to run around throwing bottles at people but that doesn't give Donald or anyone a free pass.. especially since the attack hadn't continued and the guy wasn't actively posing a threat at Donald.  In short, this was assault. Provoked, sure, but assault just the same. 

Perhaps we'll hear that the drunk guy also insulted Donald's meemaw.. changes nothing.

I have no real interest in digging deeper into it....unless I am compensated for doing so.  I just saw that the guy admitted throwing a bottle first.  And I know enough to know that what happened subsequently may not have occurred if he had not thrown the bottle....which may have acted as a vast accelerator of the confrontation. .   

I'm still trying to estimate the sheer stupidity of anyone bumping into Aaron Fucking Donald and not apologizing profusely.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Are those located near the hippocampus? 🙄

Some people blame the lack of development with the frontal cortex.  I blame beer and whiskey. One stupid move usually cures stupidity.  
I agree though there isn’t enough beer or whiskey to chest up to Donald 

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Aaron Donald was cleared and apologized to, but we'll keep this open for Bengal and Cowboy news.

Zombo

There was something I saw on Facebook about Mack Wilson  faking some photo that made him look beefier or something.  Can't seem to find it now.  Anybody else see that....and WTF is up with that? 

Steelers CB Justin Layne arrested for felony gun transporting, having a warrant out for being a no-show at a court date from a previous moving violation, driving with a suspended license, and 29 over the speed limit.. at 3am this morning in Lake County.

If you're driving at 3am.. keep it at 4 over, not 29 over..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Steelers CB Justin Layne arrested for felony gun transporting, having a warrant out for being a no-show at a court date from a previous moving violation, driving with a suspended license, and 29 over the speed limit.. at 3am this morning in Lake County.

Was/is Justin Layne anyone worth a shit for them?   I don't even recall his name. 

6 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I remember this kid, he and his family was pulling for the hometown Browns to draft him, they even had the basement bathroom painted in Browns colors. 

When Layne was drafted by the Steelers, his dad joked that they were going to have to redecorate the bathroom. 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:28 PM, Unsympathetic said:

At least he didn't get a DUI  on top of it. He's got NFL money, probably no jail. Better use Uber until you get your license back. Sad, he's a graduate of my HS, Benedictine. Apparently forgot what they taught him.  

• 2 weeks later...

Here's to another week with no Browns players on this thread. 

Cheers! 

7 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Rashad Weaver was a 4th round pick of the Titans.

And he was charged with simple assault based on a bar incident on 4/18.. because when a woman throws a drink on you, it's Mike Tyson's Punch-Out time!

You can take the Draft Pick out of Pittsburgh, but you can't take the Pittsburgh out of the Draft Pick.

Z

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1