THE BROWNS BOARD

Clowney is a Brownie

Vambo

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/03/jadeveon-clowney-visited-the-browns-today-but-nothing-imminent-source-says.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns weren’t able to land edge-rusher Jadeveon Clowney last offseason, but they might have more luck this time around.

They hosted the three-time Pro Bowler on a free agent visit Wednesday at their Berea facility, but he left late in the afternoon without a contract. A signing isn’t imminent, a league source told cleveland.com, but the Browns will keep Clowney on their short list of available rushers to help replace Olivier Vernon.

I'd be shocked if we sign him. He did nothing last year and we're way more likely to get Dunlap than him. Or Maybe Melvin Ingram. Definitely not Clowney...I'm almost positive. 

23 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'd be shocked if we sign him. He did nothing last year and we're way more likely to get Dunlap than him. Or Maybe Melvin Ingram. Definitely not Clowney...I'm almost positive. 

If he's looking for another big payday- it's not going to be with the Browns.

5 hours ago, darren15 said:

What about Ryan Kerrigan on a 1 year ?

Loved his play for years.

Three years ago? Absolutely...

Now? Not so much...

Kerrigan was used in sub packages last season with the team with no name...Here seen in #91..

Nick Chubb throws a pair of jump cuts on Karen, leaving him grabbing air... (not the only said Karen/Chubby)

Kerrigan here... looks to be playing through maybe a back injury? Leaving him as a standing up stiff'y, tackling high & unable to bend? 

Signs of still playing at age 32.. I'd List #91 as a Buyer beware ⚠️ damm good early though..

MK says there is still a good chance on Clowney.

If his knees are good I'd take him in a NY minute on the other end of MG. They would make each other very dangerous, especially if we take Bama's DT Barmore to go with Sheldon in the middle. The SB winners start with great front 4s that force QBs to make decisions too fast or eat the ball. TB won it on their D line last year, not just the GOAT. McKinley and Jackson round it out with tons of quality depth.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

MK says there is still a good chance on Clowney.

If his knees are good I'd take him in a NY minute on the other end of MG. They would make each other very dangerous, especially if we take Bama's DT Barmore to go with Sheldon in the middle. The SB winners start with great front 4s that force QBs to make decisions too fast or eat the ball. TB won it on their D line last year, not just the GOAT. McKinley and Jackson round it out with tons of quality depth.

Beware anything May Kay spouts.  I haven't forgotten her love affair with Jimmy G.  :D For your reading enjoyment- and the pertinent quote from the article- what I've been saying- Clowney wants too damn much money for his services.  

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/03/30/cleveland-jadeveon-clowney-whats-great/

"Cook, by the way, is the same top-notch agent who negotiated a fine deal for Myles Garrett, so it’s not like he’s incompetent. Every indication is that Clowney has impossibly high expectations for how he should be treated, at least in terms of monetary compensation."

• Sad 1

Eh, I don't really care about year to year stuff. Who knows, but one would think he's a more humbled man after his last bad (read-awful) season, on top of a non-insignificant injury. at 28, I would also hope the man realizes it's his last shot to prove he can stay in the league. 

I'll be shocked if he gets an offer over $3 million guaranteed with bonus incentives (very similar to Tarrik). Is that worth the roster spot? based on our depth chart now, I'd say yes. If they are planning to heavily draft OLB/DE talent? maybe not. 

8 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Man I hope this dude does not wear Brown and Orange. It will be almost impossible for me to cheer for both of his sacks. 

He's also a great run stopper and QB pressure guy. You'd change your tune some time during the 1st game when you see the MG-JC combo at work.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He's also a great run stopper and QB pressure guy. You'd change your tune some time during the 1st game when you see the MG-JC combo at work.

Maybe. Dude has been in the news for most of his career for what I call me-me stuff and I'm simply not a fan.  

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Maybe. Dude has been in the news for most of his career for what I call me-me stuff and I'm simply not a fan.  

I get it. But I never underestimate the power of MG to affect a player like that through example alone with all the work he puts in in the weight room and in practice to be the best. MG is the kind of unselfish player to take a guy in and make him his best friend in all phases of prep and in the game. He'd have Clowney enjoying being a part of something special in no time. That's just how he's made.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Is it fair to say that since nothing has happened yet that it will not be happening?

Not really. He dragged it out last year too before signing. He keeps fishing for more money, but hard to get after injuries he has had.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...