THE BROWNS BOARD

Building The Browns 2021

TexasAg1969

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

Building a First Class Organization.  Go figure it Starts with Leadership....the GM and HC.

And a completely intact coaching staff two years running. Can't beat that for consistency. And having John Johnson III @ Safety instead of conejo (Nero will get it) will be a huge change for the better.

10 hours ago, Orion said:

image.thumb.png.53b3ea26cdcdfa3390f3133b071584f9.png

......I like this guy. 🆒  :)  

JJ came across well too...

I like all those FA additions. The fact that Takk wants to learn Garrett's secret to success directly from the man himself is encouraging. And adding the experience of Superbowl winner Jackson in the middle of that line as a natural leader willing to take that role head-on cannot be underrated. 

And guess what..................................................................................... we're about to terrorize Big Ben into retirement.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-expected-to-sign-jadeveon-clowney-as-free-agent-plans-second-visit-with-team/

13 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I watched it last night.  Makes me feel like football season is here.

Go Browns

It's going to be fun watching what we do in the draft. I could see us moving up for somebody, but now with Clowney signing soon I am no longer certain it will be an Edge player. Might even be a CB because of our oft injured stars there. Or a real LB. Who knows for sure now. But I think it stays in the Defense unless we jump big time for one of the great WRs.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's going to be fun watching what we do in the draft. I could see us moving up for somebody, but now with Clowney signing soon I am no longer certain it will be an Edge player. Might even be a CB because of our oft injured stars there. Or a real LB. Who knows for sure now. But I think it stays in the Defense unless we jump big time for one of the great WRs.

Assuming we do sign Clowney, we have no real holes in the team.  We more or less are building for depth and the future, so just about any position on either side of the ball is in play.  I love it not having to draft a player and really expect him to have to make a big impact out of the gate.  Signing Clowney now allows us to draft a player on O if that is the best player available.  Bitonio and Treeter aren't going to be here for long.  Both of Jarvis and OBJ aren't going to be here.  On D as has been said, we can go with any position.

It's good to be a Browns fan right now.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Epic Episode ✌️...

Myles is right about saying "howdy" as Aggies. If you ever walk across the campus you hear it everywhere. I'm glad he brought it to Cleveland with him. It helps build that "Spirit" for a great team and city. The thing I have liked about Browns fans is that regardless of the record, there is a stick with 'em attitude that is exactly what I brought to this board from my Aggieland experience. And now the winning has begun as a payoff for a long suffering fan base. Whoof whoof! (The Browns equivalent to Howdy) embodies it all!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Myles is right about saying "howdy" as Aggies. If you ever walk across the campus you hear it everywhere. I'm glad he brought it to Cleveland with him. It helps build that "Spirit" for a great team and city. The thing I have liked about Browns fans is that regardless of the record, there is a stick with 'em attitude that is exactly what I brought to this board from my Aggieland experience. And now the winning has begun as a payoff for a long suffering fan base. Whoof whoof! (The Browns equivalent to Howdy) embodies it all!

Yeah, Ag, I'm glad that you stuck with this fandom. No one will ever remind you that it was thanks to Johnny Manziel, so no worries, we are past Johnny Football and won't ever hold it to you, because we forget stuff and don't remind our beloved fan friends of their "draft busts", even though yours was a pretty big one, but yeah, no problem... 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Nero said:

Yeah, Ag, I'm glad that you stuck with this fandom. No one will ever remind you that it was thanks to Johnny Manziel, so no worries, we are past Johnny Football and won't ever hold it to you, because we forget stuff and don't remind our beloved fan friends of their "draft busts", even though yours was a pretty big one, but yeah, no problem... 

Myles who?😂 

Yin and yang

Yin and yang 

I also never remind anyone of my biggest recommendation next to Myles that we passed over not once (Coleman), but twice (Ogbah) instead of the top RB in the league, all-pro Derrick Henry. .Nah, I never mention that anywhere either. 😜

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've enjoyed all 3 episodes so far.  This draft episode was cool.  Newsome's reactions to the phone call, and then to the broadcast calling his name was great!   And I loved it when 'finally' they drafted an offensive player, and Stef was walking by Woods' office and said, "You sit in there Joe.  No soup for you!"  :)     Go Browns!

• 1 month later...