Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BrownsfaninPa

Favorite divisonal rivalry

Recommended Posts

I have no idea who will be scheduled for the Thanksgiving games, but seeing these teams play in prime time on Thanksgiving would be a show to see. I think it would be a much anticipated game to see, depending on how their records will be by Thanksgiving,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suspect that when it comes to rivalry games, we all would say the BROWNS-STEELERS games would top the list. But as much as these two teams battled each other since the 50's, I also like the Battle Of Ohio, Browns - Bengals rivalry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Paul Brown was alive today, how would he feel about the way the team he made famous , the Browns, and how the Bengals are being handled today? Would Paul give the Browns the 'middle finger, an say until you make it to a Super Bowl, I have no opinion on the Browns. The Bengals did go to 2 Super Bowls in the 1980's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really have no idea what he would think.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The next time you have a thought... Let it go."

 

Edit:  Does this board have a thread count creation limit?  Really might be time to look into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

I have no idea who will be scheduled for the Thanksgiving games, but seeing these teams play in prime time on Thanksgiving would be a show to see. I think it would be a much anticipated game to see, depending on how their records will be by Thanksgiving,

I would think there is a very good chance we see Ravens Browns part 2 on Primetime.  It was probably the Game of the Year last season.

Browns Chiefs might be a Primetime Sunday or Monday night game.

And yes the Browns Steelers could be Thursday, Sunday or Monday Night as well.

Browns Packers perhaps too. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate all the teams in our division. I hate the Steelers the most and the Bengals the least so I guess as a rivalry game I like the Bengals best because even in our crappiest years there's always a fighting chance to win those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

"The next time you have a thought... Let it go."

 

Edit:  Does this board have a thread count creation limit?  Really might be time to look into that.

I come and go around this board, but have been around a good while.  Some years back, like maybe 14 years ago there was a poster named Shep.

 

Nice enough guy and fairly knowledgeable,  but man, you want to talk about a thread starter.  That guy could fart and he would start a thread about it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I hate all the teams in our division. I hate the Steelers the most and the Bengals the least so I guess as a rivalry game I like the Bengals best because even in our crappiest years there's always a fighting chance to win those. 

I actually hate the Ratbirds a bit more. I have season tickets and refuse to go see that game- I guess I'll never be over all that crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I actually hate the Ratbirds a bit more. I have season tickets and refuse to go see that game- I guess I'll never be over all that crap.

I forsee us fighting the rats for control of the division for the next decade or so. I suspect I may grow to hate them more than the Steelers in time when roethlisberger retires and they fall to mediocrity for a while. 

 

But as of now I hate them more if, for no other reason, every ridiculous hillbilly in northeast ohio is a steeler fan and, the last two games aside, we haven't beaten them near enough to shame those people. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I forsee us fighting the rats for control of the division for the next decade or so. I suspect I may grow to hate them more than the Steelers in time when roethlisberger retires and they fall to mediocrity for a while. 

 

But as of now I hate them more if, for no other reason, every ridiculous hillbilly in northeast ohio is a steeler fan and, the last two games aside, we haven't beaten them near enough to shame those people. 

I get your take.

When the Rats & Steelers played for the AFC Championship several years ago, it was torture. I found myself hoping the Ratbirds lost more than the Steelers winning lol. Kind of like the "lesser of 2 evils" in an election.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't really say I dislike any of the teams in our division.  I root for them when they are in the Super bowl as an example.

 

I don't root for them when them losing somehow helps the Browns, but once we are done, I wish them well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Pittsburgh don't see us as a rival now? Tomlin ain't blind.. They will come ready..

Ravens protect spit-gate at Jarvis Landry? They chose the wrong dude!

cross conference?...Tennessee vs Ravens...anywhere... 🥊 it's gunn'a get ugly... 🍿

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

"The next time you have a thought... Let it go."

 

Edit:  Does this board have a thread count creation limit?  Really might be time to look into that.

He's turning into polyboard cal, Jr. who not only starts threads, but then continues to spam them multiple times until someone else finally gets a word in edgewise. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 7:18 AM, gumby73 said:

If Pittsburgh don't see us as a rival now? Tomlin ain't blind.. They will come ready..

Ravens protect spit-gate at Jarvis Landry? They chose the wrong dude!

cross conference?...Tennessee vs Ravens...anywhere... 🥊 it's gunn'a get ugly... 🍿

If they didn't come ready for the wild card game then tomlin is a fool. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

If they didn't come ready for the wild card game then tomlin is a fool. 

you'll get no argument from me 🤓... We beat that as$ !! and we will do it again in 2021.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 10:58 AM, ballpeen said:

I come and go around this board, but have been around a good while.  Some years back, like maybe 14 years ago there was a poster named Shep.

 

Nice enough guy and fairly knowledgeable,  but man, you want to talk about a thread starter.  That guy could fart and he would start a thread about it.

i never got along with that guy I used to love giving him shit on the darkside board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 10:58 AM, ballpeen said:

I come and go around this board, but have been around a good while.  Some years back, like maybe 14 years ago there was a poster named Shep.

 

Nice enough guy and fairly knowledgeable,  but man, you want to talk about a thread starter.  That guy could fart and he would start a thread about it.

Like you, I come and go, and actually remember this as an AOL group... Shep and I met for drinks a couple of times. Helluva a nice guy. Knows his Cleveland Browns football. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×