Sign in to follow this  
Vambo

Georgia House votes to strip Delta of tax break after CEO criticized voting law

Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian called Georgia's new voting law 'unacceptable'

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/georgia-house-votes-strip-delta-tax-break-after-ceo-criticized-voting-law

The Georgia House of Representatives voted Wednesday to strip Delta Airlines of a multimillion-dollar tax break in a symbolic rebuke of CEO Ed Bastian, who joined other business leaders in criticizing recent changes to the state’s voting laws.

The Republican-controlled House voted along party lines to end a tax break for jet fuel worth more than $35 million annually, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. Georgia’s Republican House Speaker, David Ralston, acknowledged the vote was meant as a reprimand following Bastian’s remarks.

“They like our public policy when we’re doing things that benefit them,” Ralston said, adding, “You don’t feed a dog that bites your hand. You got to keep that in mind sometimes.”

• Upvote 2

delta sucks. GREAT JOB GEORGIA

That does it. Georgia recently removed the Confederate flag from their state flag and now reinstate Jim Crow voting laws. 

In protest: 😛

Enough is a enough....I am taking down my neighbor's confederate flags today!

1?ui=2&ik=1a6c04e2e9&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1696040873594484132&th=17898c30432475a4&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8hTctwBgLuz5iD0v9riYGObFH60WLPdq-TibSgQzTX4l3Im4mgEZIvSVlGyBdb1jOGnBwaRn-NNZEOEod51-vVQlcqHs5J4vN78E6lI0yuZjOUuwctmM8y1ZY&disp=emb&realattid=17898c1cef3b050cff1

Common Tex, you know the new law is not racist.  Either that or you are fucking brainwashed.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That does it. Georgia recently removed the Confederate flag from their state flag and now reinstate Jim Crow voting laws. 

In protest: 😛

Enough is a enough....I am taking down my neighbor's confederate flags today!

1?ui=2&ik=1a6c04e2e9&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1696040873594484132&th=17898c30432475a4&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8hTctwBgLuz5iD0v9riYGObFH60WLPdq-TibSgQzTX4l3Im4mgEZIvSVlGyBdb1jOGnBwaRn-NNZEOEod51-vVQlcqHs5J4vN78E6lI0yuZjOUuwctmM8y1ZY&disp=emb&realattid=17898c1cef3b050cff1

9 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Common Tex, you know the new law is not racist.  Either that or you are fucking brainwashed.

I just want to take down flags.😜

11 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Stockholm Syndrome.

WSS