THE BROWNS BOARD

Got shot #2 Mon 3/15.....in hospital 3/23....gall bladder out tomorrow..... finally going HOME! 4/30/21

mjp28

Email #2 sent to my family and friends.

Summary:.   Got Phizer shot #2 Monday 3/15.  Went ok until Thursday then all hell broke loose.  Got VERY sick a disoriented, 103 temp for 4 days. Monday got even worse had to go to ER Tuesday morning.   Doctors think it might have triggered my auto immune system.  ~But~. my white count still high  even on IV antibiotics.

Monday 3-29 had a "scope job" of my gall bladder, showed infected areas plus they put in two stents in the drain lines.  I had NO GB symptoms at all.

Wednesday 3/31 scheduled to have a laperoscopy to have  my gall bladder out.

IF all goes well I may be home 🏠 in days after that.

Well hallelujah I got my covid-19 shots done and waiting period done !   -But-  I just have to find a way to stay out of the hospital.  Catch you later. Michael and Nancy.

....... * And I edited my post this Saturday !

Edited by mjp28

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Good luck.

Thanks !

When they find out that you have a gall bladder issue they sure don't mess around.  Monday scope, Tuesday schedule, Wednesday out !  And maybe home 🏠 in a day or two.

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It was probably the infected gall bladder and not the  covid shot that was causing you the problems. 

Could have been, it probably set off my high white count (15-17) even though I was on IV antibiotics.

Normally IVs will knock down or out about anything real quick when they don't then you have something else brewing....... good bye gall bladder it was nice knowing you.   And I never had any symptoms but shot #2 might have got everything all jacked up.

I was getting quite sick and NOT normal covid-19 shot sick.  Oh well with any luck I might be home 🏡 by Friday/Saturday.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Could have been, it probably set off my high white count (15-17) even though I was on IV antibiotics.

Normally IVs will knock down or out about anything real quick when they don't then you have something else brewing....... good bye gall bladder it was nice knowing you.   And I never had any symptoms but shot #2 might have got everything all jacked up.

I was getting quite sick and NOT normal covid-19 shot sick.  Oh well with any luck I might be home 🏡 by Friday/Saturday.

Well, you probably had an infection brewing in your gall bladder and didn't know it,  and perhaps the shot triggered something.  I had my gall bladder out like  26 years ago.  My wife just had to have hers removed  a couple of years ago. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, you probably had an infection brewing in your gall bladder and didn't know it,  and perhaps the shot triggered something.  I had my gall bladder out like  26 years ago.  My wife just had to have hers removed  a couple of years ago. 

I'm surprised how many people here have had GB surgery -but- I'm the first in my family.

I'll be NPO for the third time in one week here.......geeezzzz can't wait to get it over.

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Thanks !

When they find out that you have a gall bladder issue they sure don't mess around.  Monday scope, Tuesday schedule, Wednesday out !  And maybe home 🏠 in a day or two.

My wife got hers out years ago within two hours of the diagnosis because they felt it was ready to burst it was so bad. Kind of like what happens when some people get acute appendicitis. 

Anyway good luck on that. Symptoms should abate almost immediately.

• Thanks 1

Surgery scheduled Wednesday morning at 09:15 am,  not bad adios gall bladder.  I'm ready.  mjp.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts I've learned a lot about gall bladder surgery now.

They went in and found out Wednesday that it was really BAD had to come out.  My surgeon said it was one of the worst she's seen  and remember I had NO prior symptoms.

She said occasionally male men 70+ like me can have no symptoms but have a bad or very bad gall bladder and not show it until it until it is too late.  So if you think that you might even have a GB issue have a doctor check it out before it is too late.

I had a GB removed Wednesday and she put a big temporary stent in for drainage and removed it today Friday in another procedure.  They left two stents in and a drain line hooked to a JP (I think it's called)  drainage bag that I'll get out in about a month.

Although I didn't have any cancer I had a slight jaundice so ask your doctor at your next appointment I didn't know anything about GB illnesses until I got my covid-19 shot #2 and started to show symptoms at ended up in the hospital.   I'm going to be here for a while now and see what happens. I was lucky and did NOT have cancer !

It's a ***UPDATE ANOTHER SURGEON JUST LEFT MY ROOM, I get the JP drain out in about two weeks in the surgeon's office and the stents in three to four weeks in the hospital similar to the surgery I had today***. 

AND I get a *colonotomy done in a few days here in the hospital. Get it done guys !    *corrected spelling

.........★ So see your doctor's soon guys and guys get your check ups !  It might just save your life.  :)

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts I've learned a lot about gall bladder surgery now.

They went in and found out Wednesday that it was really BAD had to come out.  My surgeon said it was one of the worst she's seen  and remember I had NO prior symptoms.

She said occasionally male men 70+ like me can have no symptoms but have a bad or very bad gall bladder and not show it until it until it is too late.  So if you think that you might even have a GB issue have a doctor check it out before it is too late.

I had a GB removed Wednesday and she put a big temporary stent in for drainage and removed it today Friday in another procedure.  They left two stents in and a drain line hooked to a JP (I think it's called)  drainage bag that I'll get out in about a month.

Although I didn't have a cancer I had a slight jaundice so ask your doctor at your next appointment I didn't know anything about GB illnesses until I got my covid-19 shot #2 and started to show symptoms at ended up in the hospital.   I'm going to be here for a while now and see what happens. I was lucky and did NOT have cancer !

It's a ***UPDATE ANOTHER SURGEON JUST LEFT MY ROOM, I get the JP drain out in about two weeks in the surgeon's office and the stents in three to four weeks in the hospital similar to the surgery I had today***. 

AND I get a colostomy done in a few days here in the hospital. Get it done guys !

So see your doctor's soon guys and guys get your check ups !  It might just save your life.  :)

Do you mean a colonoscopy? 

My gall bladder has been gone now going on over 25 years.  I had a stone about the size of a golf ball.  

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Do you mean a colonoscopy? 

My gall bladder has been gone now going on over 25 years.  I had a stone about the size of a golf ball.  

*Normally I have excellent spelling and grammar but lately I've been kind of off my A game.

And finding a Titleist in your gall bladder is one of those signs that you might have a problem.   I had ZERO gall stones but an awful looking bladder and had to get it out !  My stomach still hurts like hell right now.

Finally going HOME Friday afternoon 4/30/21.

This was a tough 6+ months. I'm ready to go home and relax.    

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1