THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 QB Class Comparison

The Gipper

Here are the Top  5 leaders in various categories  from the 2018  Draft   Class of Quarterbacks

Most Completions:     1.   Baker   932   2.  Allen  836   3.  Darnold 729   4. Jackson  708   Rosen   275

Most Yards:   1.  Baker   11115   2.  Allen  9707  3. Darnold  8097  4.  Jackson  7085   5.  Rosen

Most  Touchdowns:   1. Baker   75   2. Jackson  68  3.  Allen  67  4.  Darnold  45   5.  Rudolph  15

Most Ints:   1. Baker   43.   2.  Darnold  39  3.  Allen  31   4.  Rosen  19  5.  Jackson  18

Also,  note these stats:

Rushing Yards:    1.  Nick Chubb   3557   2.  Lamar Jackson  2906   3. Saquon Barkley  2344   4.  Sony Michel 2297   5. Ronald Jones II  1746

Rushing TDs:    1. Nick Chubb  28   2.Josh Allen   25    3.  Lamar Jackson  19   4. Saquon Barkley  17   5.   Michel  and Jones   14 each

8 minutes ago, ATOM said:

where the hell is Rosen anyway ? and did he ever really get a fair shake in the league ?

I think he is the backup QB....currently,  with the 49ers.  

And no, not really.....when you have been with  3 teams in 3 years.   Of course, a Rosen hater like Cal would say he has been with all those teams because when he was with them they saw how shitty he is.    What the truth is, we don't know.   We do know that having  a completely unstable situation can't be good for a young QBs career.  Think about Baker:   Hue, Williams, Freddie...then Stefanski where we think stability has finally set in. 

I met a woman Dr. intern wearing a Buffalo Bills lanyard yesterday.  She was with my Dr.  This was moments before being wheeled in for my arthroscopic knee surgery.  (I'm typing wearing a brace with ice packs and my leg elevated)  I told her that I was happy that Josh Allen was doing well because I liked him coming out of college.  My Dr. (a sports Dr., does Providence Bruins, some Patriots, etc.) said that Baker was a good pick for us because he had a little edge to him and that's something that we needed.  I reminded him that we tried that with Manziel.  When they turned to leave she said to me, Go Browns!  She's affiliated with my place of employment, so I've gotta get her name so I can send her a Go Bills email as she was gone before I could reply.

Let us not forget that when Modell ripped the Browns from us, the Bills organization had one game a year that they dubbed, Cleveland Browns Game (or something like that) and they welcomed Browns fans to come that day.  The Bills are OK in my book.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Orion said:

I met a woman Dr. intern wearing a Buffalo Bills lanyard yesterday.  She was with my Dr.  This was moments before being wheeled in for my arthroscopic knee surgery.  (I'm typing wearing a brace with ice packs and my leg elevated)  I told her that I was happy that Josh Allen was doing well because I liked him coming out of college.  My Dr. (a sports Dr., does Providence Bruins, some Patriots, etc.) said that Baker was a good pick for us because he had a little edge to him and that's something that we needed.  I reminded him that we tried that with Manziel.  When they turned to leave she said to me, Go Browns!  She's affiliated with my place of employment, so I've gotta get her name so I can send her a Go Bills email as she was gone before I could reply.

Let us not forget that when Modell ripped the Browns from us, the Bills organization had one game a year that they dubbed, Cleveland Browns Game (or something like that) and they welcomed Browns fans to come that day.  The Bills are OK in my book.

I'd swap out the Ravens for the Bills as an AFC North rival in a second. I think Buffalo would be a natural rival for fairly close teams like Cleveland and Pittsburgh. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd swap out the Ravens for the Bills as an AFC North rival in a second. I think Buffalo would be a natural rival for fairly close teams like Cleveland and Pittsburgh. 

Understood.  But I prefer them as a non rival.  I'd prefer not to hate them.  :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/3/2021 at 1:16 PM, The Gipper said:

I think he is the backup QB....currently,  with the 49ers.  

And no, not really.....when you have been with  3 teams in 3 years.   Of course, a Rosen hater like Cal would say he has been with all those teams because when he was with them they saw how shitty he is.    What the truth is, we don't know.   We do know that having  a completely unstable situation can't be good for a young QBs career.  Think about Baker:   Hue, Williams, Freddie...then Stefanski where we think stability has finally set in. 

We do know.

He blows.

Z

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2021 at 1:03 PM, ATOM said:

where the hell is Rosen anyway ? and did he ever really get a fair shake in the league ?

Good question, though I can't argue much with Z's take...  He is currently on the 49ers roster.. Apparently didn't play at all in 2020.  Those stats with the Dolphins in 2019 do indeed suck big time...  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoseJo01.htm

On 3/28/2021 at 10:59 PM, The Gipper said:

Here are the Top  5 leaders in various categories  from the 2018  Draft   Class of Quarterbacks

Most Completions:     1.   Baker   932   2.  Allen  836   3.  Darnold 729   4. Jackson  708   Rosen   275

Most Yards:   1.  Baker   11115   2.  Allen  9707  3. Darnold  8097  4.  Jackson  7085   5.  Rosen

Most  Touchdowns:   1. Baker   75   2. Jackson  68  3.  Allen  67  4.  Darnold  45   5.  Rudolph  15

Most Ints:   1. Baker   43.   2.  Darnold  39  3.  Allen  31   4.  Rosen  19  5.  Jackson  18

Just MHO Gipper- it's possible long term Allen may turn out to be the best QB of that class...  He certainly has the most physical talent, comparisons to John Elway aren't unrealistic. He amazingly improved his accuracy against all odds by 1,000% compared to what he did in college. That was my concern about him in the draft- he could throw the ball 90 yards with ease- and not be able to hit the broad side of a barn at 20-30 yards out. 

This year will tell us the story on Baker. Is he just another Andy Dalton level talent, or something far better?  Lamar Jackson is mostly a running back who happens to have average passing skills. Someone takes out his wheels, he's average at best. FWIW, after 3 seasons- he's half way to Mike Vick's 13 year career QB rushing record. Vick only had one 1,000 yard season- and Jackson already has two. BTW, with the now 17 game season 1,000 yards isn't going to be anywhere near as impressive as when teams only played 12 games that counted.