THE BROWNS BOARD

Oscar Nominations

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Thanks.   The only movie I saw was the Trial of the Chicago  7.    Which was actually very good.  I think a couple of others are available on like Netflix or HBO

Most of them are or Amazon prime.

I will be catching up on them and for the record just at the outset it seems that most of them fall under the new "inclusion" guidelines

WSS

• Upvote 1

I have seen  the following over the weekend on either Netflix or Amazon Prime: 

Mank.    I was less impressed with it than I thought I would be.  It just felt wholely disjointed,  and IMO, it really was not one of Oldman's best performances. 

The Trial of the Chicago  7.   An intense drama about the  trial of the people who were charged with conspiracy to start the riots during the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago. 

Sound of Metal.    An interesting movie about a rock drummer that goes deaf and his attempts to cope with it. 

I am not sure how to see the others unless  I  get every damn  streaming service out there,  or  I purchase a single movie for like $20.00. 

I am not going to bother with the Korean movie or any other movie that's mostly subtitles.

Ill watch the Chicago 7 today or tomorrow.  I am prepared for a left wing Passion play from Aaron Sorkin but I will keep an open mind.

I will see Judas in the black messiah this afternoon or tomorrow. Hopefully it's more than hate the white man bullshit.

Will also see the thunder movie in the next couple 3 days.

The Father is an amazing piece of work  On 2 levels. The approach to the subject and Hopkins performance. Dropped 20 bucks on the Amazon preview but it's probably regular price by now.

Promising young woman wasinteresting and somewhat compelling  with a twist pay off.

Loved Mank and Nomadland.

WSS

51 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It's just you. 

Well , it's supposedly voted for by the people... You know... Fans who consume the product.. Id say thats more meaningful...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Well , it's supposedly voted for by the people... You know... Fans who consume the product.. Id say thats more meaningful...

Ah....No.    Have you seen how certain voting goes for sports All Star teams?   If so, you would know better. 

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Ah....No.    Have you seen how certain voting goes for sports All Star teams?   If so, you would know better. 

Ah I see says the grumpy old man...

11 hours ago, nickers said:

Ah I see says the grumpy old man...

You asked which award is more legit and meaningful.  That is by far The Oscars,   even now.  That is the plain fact whether you acknowledge it or not.  I suggest that most people have no clue that such a thing as "The People's Choice" award even exits.   The only thing that could come close to the Oscars would be the Golden Globes. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You asked which award is more legit and meaningful.  That is by far The Oscars,   even now.  That is the plain fact whether you acknowledge it or not.  I suggest that most people have no clue that such a thing as "The People's Choice" award even exits.   The only thing that could come close to the Oscars would be the Golden Globes. 

I have known about the peoples choice award since I was a little kid... C'mon man..

OK, you are one.   I am just giving you the facts, ma'am. 

Thanx , Gramma..

24 minutes ago, nickers said:

Thanx , Gramma..

Hardly.   Do they even  televise the "People's Choice Awards"?   I have never seen them...nor even seen them promoted.  You see the Oscars/Emmy's/Grammys/Golden Globe/ etc. but I have never seen those.   As far as I can tell, "The People" have chosen to ignore the "People's Choice award" 

But oh, I see that they are actually the E!  Network People's Choice award.    Sorry, unlike you, I don't watch all that Kardashian BS. 

Hardly.   Do they even  televise the "People's Choice Awards"?   I have never seen them...nor even seen them promoted.  You see the Oscars/Emmy's/Grammys/Golden Globe/ etc. but I have never seen those.   As far as I can tell, "The People" have chosen to ignore the "People's Choice award" 

But oh, I see that they are actually the E!  Network People's Choice award.    Sorry, unlike you, I don't watch all that Kardashian BS. 

The Peoples Choice Awards were televised years agoI remember as far back as the 70's and a good part of the 80's... The Kardashians can go to hell...