THE BROWNS BOARD

2021 Browns Depth Chart

Zombo

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Disagree with malik jackson over sheldon day.. this is the problem you get into with Malik Jackson's 3.75M one-year contract being guaranteed.

You disagreement is based on.... pre-season?

For someone who values pass rush grades in the manner you do, your disagreement doesn't really isn't very consistent with your football ideology. 

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Our offense is loaded.  Best roster we’ve had.  There is only one guy on that side that if we had to give him a start I’d worry a bit (Hudson)…other than that we got depth and front end talent.

to bad hudson may have not made it to the practice squad cause I would be scared as hell if he has to start

• Upvote 1

1.) Call me excited for Malik McDowell 🤓.. 

2.) Chris Hubbard is our 1st G or Tackle that we will see at back-up OL action first.. Were Screwed if Tretter goes down.. I still say Dunn is a better Center than Harris & Dunn played center before his back injury ahead of a guy named Hance..

3.) We had to much good depth to replace K.Hodge with (watch Dorsey in Detroit)... cutting Joe Jackson & Day and only keeping 3 DE's, is my bigger surprise head scratcher..

4.) TE...Connor Davis was the keeper (ahead of Franks) to replace Carlson.. Davis left the Giants game with a shoulder injury..

from si.. 

Meanwhile, in wake of the knee injury that ended Stephen Carlson's season, Davis was the best tight end left on the roster competing for the fourth tight end spot. Massive at over 6'7" and reportedly over 260 pounds, the former offensive tackle was able to block up front and showed off his hands in the game against the Giants.

Is Connor Davis still in the mix, if we pay his injury settlement & he heals?  

Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Davis hauled in four of five targets for 29 yards in Sunday's preseason win over the Giants, but he sustained a shoulder injury during the contest. Unless he works out a settlement with the team, the tight end will be forced to miss the 2021 campaign since he was placed on IR before the 53-man roster was finalized.

Davis feels like a stash until next season & were still in the TE4 market..

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

Final

QB B.Mayfield, C. Keenum, K. Lauletta

FB A. Janovich, J. Stanton

RB  N. Chubb,  K. Hunt,  D. Johnson, D. Felton,  J. Kelly, T. Harbison

WR1  O. Beckham,  A. Schwartz,  J. Natson, A.Hollins

WR2 J. Landry,  {D. Davis}  K. Hodge, R. Switzer

WR3  R. Higgins, D. Peoples-Jones,  J. Ward , J. Bradley,

TE1 A. Hooper, D. Njoku, C. Davis,

TE2  H. Bryant , J. Franks, K. Marway S. Carlson

LT J. Wills,  J. Hudson A. Taylor,

LG J. Bitonio , B. Hance, A. Fabiano, C. Gossett

C J.Tretter , N. Harris, J. Patterson

RG  W. Teller ,  M. Dunn, D. Forbes, C. Iwuagwu

RT J. Conklin,  C. Hubbard , G. Senat

DE M. Garrett, J. Jackson,  P. Gustin, R. McNight

DT  A. Billings, J. Elliott, T. Togiai, M. Wilson,

DT  M. Jackson,  M. McDowell  S. Day, D. Square

DE  J. Clowney, T. McKinley,  C. Malveaux , C. Weaver

MLB A. Walker, T. Fields (J. Phillips)T. Scales,  

WLB  J. O-K, M. Wilson, M. Meander,  G. Obinna

SLB   S. Takitaki, M. Smith, E. Lee, W. Harvey

CB D. Ward, A.J. Green, R. Jackson

CB  G. Newsome, G. Williams,  B. Allen, K. Thomas

Nickle  T. Hill,  MJ Stewart, E. Rugamba

Dime G. Delpit , R. LeCounte

FS  R. Harrison,J. Moffat

SS  J. Johnson,   E. BentonS. Redwine

So, The Turk is done for the day......and where are we before we go through round two tomorrow at 4pm in New York?

Well, on offense it seems odd for Stef to only have 3 TE's.  As for the WR room, Zombo's list shows 5...but I bet Felton never misses a WR meeting (IMO, they cut Hodge because they'll be keeping Davis).   At RB I thought they'd ditch D'E for Felton...but it was a WR that was sacrificed.  It's a long season and I think D'E gives us a solid backup in case Chubb or Hunt have to miss time. 

On defense we've only got 3 DE's and an army of LB's.  I'd assume something will happen there  by Wednesday at 4pm in NY.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Feel bad for guys like Kelly in a loaded RB room. I thought he had a fine pre-season

I agree.  The times that he didn't look good were when he was in there with the absolute bottom of the OL roster.   Glad he's back with the team.

Here's a feel good story for you. Cullen Gillaspia was a walk-on LB for Texas A&M who beat out all other non-schollie players for the honor of being the 12th Man on the kickoff team 4 straight years. His senior year Jimbo Fisher converted him to FB, gave him a full scholarship and made him the starting FB on plays that required a FB. Drafted in the 7th round @ 220 overall, he made the Houston team, was let go after a failed physical after the 2020 season and was picked up by the Giants. He just made their final 53 as a FB. He was only a two star LB out of HS, but just wanted to play somewhere to the best of his ability.👍

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1433181610514558977?s=20

Shit, l don’t know how to link tweets. That’s Mary Kay saying Jacob Phillips to IR and Joe Jackson signed. Yeah baby

That's a relief.   I'm assuming he's singed to the 53?

Good News ! 

This is by far the healthiest the #Browns have been since the start of training camp. Only G Michael Dunn on the bikes today. The defense is finally intact
Browns survived the players' free weekend with nobody testing positive for COVID-19. That hasn't been the case elsewhere in NFL.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

the Week 2 unofficial depth chart is up..

Malik McDowell jumps Andrew Billings..Earned! 

JOK still sitting behind Mack Wilson.. i don't get..

and Still Listing... Higgins ahead of Schwartz (situational matchup, maybe?)

49 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

the Week 2 unofficial depth chart is up..

Malik McDowell jumps Andrew Billings..Earned! 

JOK still sitting behind Mack Wilson.. i don't get..

and Still Listing... Higgins ahead of Schwartz (situational matchup, maybe?)

I noticed McDowell started the Chiefs game and pulled a Kool Aid man through the Oline for a TFL on the first play. He promptly got double teamed on the next play.

7 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I noticed McDowell started the Chiefs game and pulled a Kool Aid man through the Oline for a TFL on the first play. He promptly got double teamed on the next play.

McDowell played like an absolute creature.  If he keeps this up it may very well he Berry's best move personnel wise.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Looming question? Will Elijah Lee kick back to PS? (did once)

Good opt opens for Davion Davis   https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/browns-sign-hjalte-froholdt--172467583/

Ya I'm thinking Lee gets back to the practice squad and perhaps gets back to the field on Sunday.

Z

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Looming question? Will Elijah Lee kick back to PS? (did once)

Good opt opens for Davion Davis   https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/browns-sign-hjalte-froholdt--172467583/

I was a bit surprised that Elijah Lee got cut over Mack Wilson. Since being elevated to the active roster he has outsnapped Mack Wilson in every game he’s played in. 

Shame about losing Davion. The guy had some mojo.