THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Troy Hill

LondonBrown

20 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

four years 24m

That's an investment.  He's gonna be on the field a bunch.

I just said last night that I thought Berry was going to do something at the CB position...after not signing Mitchell.

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I may just see a surprise WR in the 2nd or 3rd depending upon BPA.

Only issue is that any WR signed would probably be 5th on the roster after OBJ, Landry, Higgins and DPJ

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

Only issue is that any WR signed would probably be 5th on the roster after OBJ, Landry, Higgins and DPJ

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Don’t forget Hodge. 

However if there was one out there that could take off the top of the D with speed........................................well then you never know.

• Upvote 1

reading about their signings - the trend is high character, versatility and or loves the game, good for the community and lockerroom.

and they can PLAY. Hill was origninally an Ohio kid !

https://www.brownsnation.com/3-things-to-know-about-new-browns-cb-troy-hill/

14 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

In a totally unrelated story, I set cal on ignore due to his personal character.  On all forums!

What exactly are these "character traits"  that Cal is objecting to.....or alternatively  what are those "high character traits"  about these players that he approves of? 

And I ask that question of any of you, not just Cal. 

Let's assume that a nadir of character traits would be an Aaron Hernandez type person.  

On 3/20/2021 at 10:39 AM, The Gipper said:

What exactly are these "character traits"  that Cal is objecting to.....or alternatively  what are those "high character traits"  about these players that he approves of? 

And I ask that question of any of you, not just Cal. 

Let's assume that a nadir of character traits would be an Aaron Hernandez type person.  

unless i am missing something I do not believe we have any player on our team with issues unless Hunts past transgressions count  and he seems to have put all that  behind him

Gipper, I think the presumption we've had that "He Is Ruining The Character Of The Team" is an objective/serious criticism.. isn't correct.

I think that assertion is intentionally vague.  It has the fun property of not needing to be proven by the people who assert it - and it also can't be disproven!  The people who run this gossip [and the people who believe it] are the very ones for whom what they feel is far more important than the reality of the situation.  They're more interested in validating their personal preconceived notions about OBJ [by spreading entirely made-up lies] than learning a new reality and changing their assumptions.

And this is always the case no matter how long the threads go.. "I just feel he's that way" is the retort 3,4 pages into every thread about OBJ.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Gipper, I think the presumption we've had that "He Is Ruining The Character Of The Team" is an objective/serious criticism.. isn't correct.

I think that assertion is intentionally vague.  It has the fun property of not needing to be proven by the people who assert it - and it also can't be disproven!  The people who run this gossip [and the people who believe it] are the very ones for whom what they feel is far more important than the reality of the situation.  They're more interested in validating their personal preconceived notions about OBJ [by spreading entirely made-up lies] than learning a new reality and changing their assumptions.

And this is always the case no matter how long the threads go.. "I just feel he's that way" is the retort 3,4 pages into every thread about OBJ.

Other than the "Diva"  claim,  I don't know that there is anything negative you can say about OBJ's character.    Oh, I guess he did have that little incident in the LSU locker room after they won the title......but I just thought that was over exuberance for the success of his college team. I don't think he intended to get anyone in NCAA trouble with that.

13 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

There's plenty of negative things you can say if you don't burden yourself by sticking to facts!

Reminds me of Lionel Hutz, the best worst lawyer.. "We've got plenty of hearsay and conjecture"

LOL....he is right.....those ARE  kinds of evidence. Just, generally, not the admissible kind.....unless you can slide them through.   Which does sometimes happen. (and to be truthful....as a jurist, I sometimes enjoy hearsay and conjecture. They can make things fun)