THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Takk McKinley

LondonBrown

I like the fact that he feels QB hits and pressures are just as important as sacks. Very true. This is exactly what I wanted on the other end of Myles. Double team Myles and the rest will clean up with speed to the QB forcing errant throws. Combine that with new blood in the back 7 and this defense is gonna rock. I think he's going to be our best FA addition.

On 3/19/2021 at 11:44 AM, jrb12711 said:

I still hope we're eyeing speed guys on the edge and interior DL. I'm still not against getting a few veterans in there, and drafting OLB/DE talen

Much like 3/4 of both the team coaches and people on this forum, you've forgotten about Curtis Weaver.

Another way to give Takk and/or Myles a breather is to push Sheldon outside to DE.. He spent time at DE with NYJ and was very effective.  Then go DI with our first-round

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Much like 3/4 of both the team coaches and people on this forum, you've forgotten about Curtis Weaver.

Another way to give Takk and/or Myles a breather is to push Sheldon outside to DE.. He spent time at DE with NYJ and was very effective.  Then go DI with our first-round

homie the only reason you're so damn high on Weaver is because PFF was.

That is...literally it.       He might have a shot if he's lost 15lbs.  Because he looked slow AF at times coming off the ball when I watched him.  Granted that was 2 years ago, but I do remember watching. 

edit: Re Sheldon.  The "DE" label in Jets land at that time (and a lot of other teeams) was for their 3 man base. Which is very much still a DI.  Though he might 2 gap on occasion from a 4tech.  But when you say "outside" as in putting SR on the edge?  Yeaaaaah, nah.  He's a DI disruptor and taking him away from there, while spelling Myles, is still a net loss for your defense.

Double edit: last I checked, the only team running what amounts to a 33 as their base was the Rams.  But then again that's what you can get away with when your best pass rusher is Aaron Donald.  They genuinely had Suh's big ass parked at a 5tech in the super bowl.

20 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

homie the only reason you're so damn high on Weaver is because PFF was.

That is...literally it.       He might have a shot if he's lost 15lbs.  Because he looked slow AF at times coming off the ball when I watched him.  Granted that was 2 years ago, but I do remember watching. 

edit: Re Sheldon.  The "DE" label in Jets land at that time (and a lot of other teeams) was for their 3 man base. Which is very much still a DI.  Though he might 2 gap on occasion from a 4tech.  But when you say "outside" as in putting SR on the edge?  Yeaaaaah, nah.  He's a DI disruptor and taking him away from there, while spelling Myles, is still a net loss for your defense.

Double edit: last I checked, the only team running what amounts to a 33 as their base was the Rams.  But then again that's what you can get away with when your best pass rusher is Aaron Donald.  They genuinely had Suh's big ass parked at a 5tech in the super bowl.

All the more importance of getting a guy like Bama's Barmore if you want to kick Sheldon to DE occasionally. This guy has been growing on me, especially after those playoff showings. OSU fans are now familiar with what he can do against better teams. He's an inside nightmare.