THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Takk McKinley

LondonBrown

Draft analysis of Takk

Predraft measurables

Low 3-cone means that he lacked elite agility.. and note that he's now 35 pounds heavier [265] than when those measurements were taken [230].

2020 rating is decent but low snaps bc he was waived and went on IR w raiders after the groin injury didn't respond. He's had other injuries also..

At this point they just want a number of role players across from Myles. You'll get bodies like Takk and Gustin who won't give you much twitch off the edge, and I suspect they'll go after a couple small(er) role players to rush with in subpackages.    NFL is a chess match.

Banking on Gustin and Weaver to show out and BPA at DE in the draft I guess. Maybe get Vernon back for a similar deal. Getting Johnson yesterday will help a some with the pass rush. Teams new pendejo was back there and just threw it up.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeho said:

Banking on Gustin and Weaver to show out and BPA at DE in the draft I guess. Maybe get Vernon back for a similar deal. Getting Johnson yesterday will help a some with the pass rush. Teams new pendejo was back there and just threw it up.

Chances are, especially if you see edge drafted reasonably high, both of those guys are going to be fighting over a roster spot.

Browns GM Andrew Berry has had his sights on McKinely since he scouted Garrett and other edge-rushers in the 2017 draft. If the Browns can coach another seven-sack season out of McKinley, the $4 million will be worth it.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/03/browns-sign-takk-mckinley-to-a-1-year-deal-worth-4-million.html

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Browns GM Andrew Berry has had his sights on McKinely since he scouted Garrett and other edge-rushers in the 2017 draft. If the Browns can coach another seven-sack season out of McKinley, the $4 million will be worth it.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/03/browns-sign-takk-mckinley-to-a-1-year-deal-worth-4-million.html

Yep!!! 1 year he’s gonna be hungry type deal with big cap space coming next season and he will be counted on for maybe 20-25 snaps when we bring in a good rookie too.   Fresh and hungry I like it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Is it McKinney...or McKinley......which I think are two different people. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, now we have our second Mount McKinley?

image.jpeg.abe3f4d9296fcd2be1ab5821ddacc34c.jpeg

1) It's no longer McKinley... USGS reverted it to the native name Denali. Just like Barrow Alaska is now the unpronounceable  Utqiagvik.   :)  

2) Your odds of actually seeing it in all it's glory from the park road are crappy- the mountain literally creates it's own weather. It can be clear everywhere else, and the mountain is socked in with clouds at the 10,000' level.   I can attest when it's clear- you can see it from the Glen Alps overlook in Anchorage- 160 miles away. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

1) It's no longer McKinley... USGS reverted it to the native name Denali. Just like Barrow Alaska is now the unpronounceable  Utqiagvik.   :)  

2) Your odds of actually seeing it in all it's glory from the park road are crappy- the mountain literally creates it's own weather. It can be clear everywhere else, and the mountain is socked in with clouds at the 10,000' level.   I can attest when it's clear- you can see it from the Glen Alps overlook in Anchorage- 160 miles away. 

I can call it whatever. And I am well aware of what you say. When I was there it was almost totally shrouded 

On 3/16/2021 at 3:46 PM, tiamat63 said:

I'm good with it.  Going to rotate our edge players like a swarm and keep bodies fresh.

I agree, a good signing.  

He obviously has something we like since we tried to claim him a few times last year.  To me he is a 3rd wave signing we decided to get out of the way.  I think we will still be looking for another...we have shown interest in Clowney in the past.  It wouldn't surprise he if we went in that direction.

33 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I agree, a good signing.  

He obviously has something we like since we tried to claim him a few times last year.  To me he is a 3rd wave signing we decided to get out of the way.  I think we will still be looking for another...we have shown interest in Clowney in the past.  It wouldn't surprise he if we went in that direction.

I'd give anything to see Clowney on the other side of Garrett. Our defense would make us SB ready with those two and the comeback of our injured D players. Add in a couple of high D draftees and it's time to rock 'n roll!

6 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I agree, a good signing.  

He obviously has something we like since we tried to claim him a few times last year.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/takkarist-mckinley-role-on-defense

This article makes sense.....Pete Smith warning

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Yep!!! 1 year he’s gonna be hungry type deal with big cap space coming next season and he will be counted on for maybe 20-25 snaps when we bring in a good rookie too.   Fresh and hungry I like it 

Give me 53 players all on the final year of their contracts and I'll win you a Super Bowl. 

With this signing I still hope we're eyeing speed guys on the edge and interior DL. I'm still not against getting a few veterans in there, and drafting OLB/DE talent high.

Currently eyeing guys like Casey for the DL (who will take a one year deal), taking a chance on Kawann short, etc. Our front seven still needs to get plugged in a good bit.

gotta admire this guy - he really fits in with the Browns culture, locker room and  community.

He's excited to be here- I think he's plenty good enough to make some plays even as a rotation guy.

https://www.brownsnation.com/takk-mckinley-expresses-his-excitement-to-join-browns/