THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns move to sign John Johnson.

tiamat63

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Only 25 years old and ranked 3rd of all NFL safeties last year with PFF

PFF is seriously awful but Johnson is very legit. People need to separate from PFF. It’s like the hive mind determined a long time ago it was legit and people just go with it. Several of the worst takes I’ve seen all of last year came from some dipshit at PFF.

either way big signing for the browns.

Just now, Vagitron said:

PFF is seriously awful but Johnson is very legit. People need to separate from PFF. It’s like the hive mind determined a long time ago it was legit and people just go with it. Several of the worst takes I’ve seen all of last year came from some dipshit at PFF.

I know what you’re saying but fact remains that NFL front offices use their data. 

I guess it’s the conclusions you draw that matter 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

I know what you’re saying but fact remains that NFL front offices use their data. 

I guess it’s the conclusions you draw that matter 

If they do I bet they don’t use it much. Their metrics are dicked almost across the board. If front offices are using pff they are fucking up.

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

If they do I bet they don’t use it much. Their metrics are dicked almost across the board. If front offices are using pff they are fucking up.

If it were a Steelers signing Vag would be all over how good of a signing it was because of the PFF rating

While I wait until he has actually signed the contract, I will say as a SoCal guy who has seen every Rams game, he will be an immediate impact player. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?

From what I can tell, Joe Wood is looking at using a 3 safety “dime defense”.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/03/15/cleveland-browns-john-johnson/

• Like 1

Here is our depth chart, before the events of the last day or so:

LCB 21 Ward, Denzel 18/1 28 Johnson, Kevin U/Buf 36 Stewart Jr., MJ W/TB 25 Allen, Brian P/Cin 38 Green, AJ CF20
SS 33 Harrison, Ronnie T/Jax 42 Joseph, Karl U/LV 29 Redwine, Sheldrick 19/4 41 Meander, Montrel CF18    
FS 23 SENDEJO, ANDREW U/Min 22 Delpit, Grant 20/2 35 Moffatt, Jovante CF20 48 Benton, Elijah CF20    
RCB 26 Williams, Greedy 19/2 39 Mitchell, Terrance U/KC 34 Jackson, Robert SF18 20 Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz

Depth Charts do not list the situation if a 4-2-5 is run. 

Can we assume that Delpit would supplant Sendejo....and that  Johnson would be sort of in the middle between  SS and FS? 

I believe we will get our edge in free agency, sign/retain 2-3 more, & have a real shot at going BPA in the draft. That is what I hope for. Can anyone recall the Browns drafting for BPA since the Paul Brown days? I can't.

Mike

4 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I believe we will get our edge in free agency, sign/retain 2-3 more, & have a real shot at going BPA in the draft. That is what I hope for. Can anyone recall the Browns drafting for BPA since the Paul Brown days? I can't.

Mike

hope ur right

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Both. 

Agree... we should have our versatile pairing now. JJ played both Safeties for LAR during his 4-years there.

That said I gotta think a fully recovered Delpit gets the lion's share of any single-high duty due to his length and speed advantages.

this is what happens when a good front office can recognize it's defenses worse starter.. Sayonara Sendejo!  JJ played over 1000 snaps with a combined 105 tackles...

Good Start, Andrew Berry !

Browns safeties allowed 12 passing TDs last year when they were the nearest defender in coverage, most in the NFL. John Johnson's 61 targets as the nearest defender in coverage was 3rd-most this season among safeties. And he allowed only 1 TD

Be still my heart...

Safety John Johnson III turned down ‘significantly more money’ from another team to sign with the Browns, reps say - cleveland.com

His agents said Johnson really wanted to play for the Browns and can’t wait to get started. He loves the team that Browns GM Andrew Berry has assembled, and felt it was the perfect fit.

One is an accident...

Two is a coincidence...

That's one... here's to a trend!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is our depth chart, before the events of the last day or so:

LCB 21 Ward, Denzel 18/1 28 Johnson, Kevin U/Buf 36 Stewart Jr., MJ W/TB 25 Allen, Brian P/Cin 38 Green, AJ CF20
SS 33 Harrison, Ronnie T/Jax 42 Joseph, Karl U/LV 29 Redwine, Sheldrick 19/4 41 Meander, Montrel CF18    
FS 23 SENDEJO, ANDREW U/Min 22 Delpit, Grant 20/2 35 Moffatt, Jovante CF20 48 Benton, Elijah CF20    
RCB 26 Williams, Greedy 19/2 39 Mitchell, Terrance U/KC 34 Jackson, Robert SF18 20 Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz

Depth Charts do not list the situation if a 4-2-5 is run. 

Can we assume that Delpit would supplant Sendejo....and that  Johnson would be sort of in the middle between  SS and FS? 

As Gumby said Sendejo is going to get sent packing- he was pretty terrible.  

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If it were a Steelers signing Vag would be all over how good of a signing it was because of the PFF rating

he said it was a big signing for the browns