THE BROWNS BOARD

Major projected draft prospects for Browns first three rounds

calfoxwc

yep.He isn't as athletic as some other are, but he has the intangibles that some others don't.

Enough athleticism to be a terrific edge rusher?

watch him on film.

Kwity Paye is ranked #7.  Patrick Jones !! is rated #1,

which surprised the heck out of me - I couldn't figure out

why he wasn't more highly rated in talking about the draft -

and then found this.

So, again, what is it  that this article is so wrong about?

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-draft-edge-rushers-prospects-texas-longhorns-joseph-ossai/

lol ^^.... first reported possible 'in town' draft visit.. 

Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley says on pro day Zoom he accepted NFL Draft invite to Cleveland. Also said he's had Zoom meeting with #Browns.

35 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

lol ^^.... first reported possible 'in town' draft visit.. 

Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley says on pro day Zoom he accepted NFL Draft invite to Cleveland. Also said he's had Zoom meeting with #Browns.

Farley won't even be close to #26-long gone by then, possibly even the 1st CB to get drafted and certainly the 2nd. Too many teams before the Browns in need of a highly ranked CB will pick him up if he doesn't go BPA before their picks.

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Farley won't even be close to #26-long gone by then, possibly even the 1st CB to get drafted and certainly the 2nd. Too many teams before the Browns in need of a highly ranked CB will pick him up if he doesn't go BPA before their picks.

Unless they trade up? 

I'd be pretty surprised by that, considering the work they've already done to the secondary. I definitely could see a trade up for an DE though. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I definitely could see a trade up for an DE though. 

If they don't sign Clowney then that is a possibility. It's imperative they add a pressure player to Myles if they want to be a super D. The question will be whether they want it at DT or Edge. And I don't pretend to read their minds on that, but I'm betting it's one or the other as our 1st rounder.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

If they don't sign Clowney then that is a possibility. It's imperative they add a pressure player to Myles if they want to be a super D. The question will be whether they want it at DT or Edge. And I don't pretend to read their minds on that, but I'm betting it's one or the other as our 1st rounder.

I'm not sure how adding Clowney solves the missing "pressure player to Myles" issue. He has all of 3 sacks in his last 21 games played. 

Another wildcard position on defense is DTackle. I think they will have ONE DTackle under contract after this season. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not sure how adding Clowney solves the missing "pressure player to Myles" issue. He has all of 3 sacks in his last 21 games played. 

Another wildcard position on defense is DTackle. I think they will have ONE DTackle under contract after this season. 

Clowney has had injury issues, but when healthy he can be outstanding. But no matter what happens there, possibly very versatile Zaven Collins LB/Edge from Tulsa might actually be the pick and very likely still there at 26. Had we not added Malik to the mix, I would have been going for Bama's Barmore at DT. And we may still if we are looking at long term.

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Clowney has had injury issues, but when healthy he can be outstanding. But no matter what happens there, possibly very versatile Zaven Collins LB/Edge from Tulsa might actually be the pick and very likely still there at 26. Had we not added Malik to the mix, I would have been going for Bama's Barmore at DT. And we may still if we are looking at long term.

There's a growing number of players I'm fine with at #26 for the Browns, which means none of them will be the selection. 😁

• Haha 1

Kwity Paye is terrific, but he won't be there at #26. If he fell close, the squealers would nab him first, after losing Dupree to

Tennessee. I had hopes early on Collins would fall to the Browns, but not anymore. The squealers are at #24? The Browns have to trade up. Caleb Farley is a top 10-15 pick. Surtain is a top 10-15 pick. Kwity is a top 15 pick, probably the Cardinal's pick at #16. maybe.

The Browns are not going to move up to sixteen - that would require a second round pick and another pick or two. If it was me deciding, I'd trade up to the 20th pick, or just ahead of the squealers... in a NY second.

10 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I would think as soon as we make the call to move up, the Steelers match it and we lose out due to their pick being better placed ?

well, they might not have the time to make it happen, the trouble is, they only have one third round pick, two fourths. The Browns have two thirds and two fourths. It would be tougher for them to make the deal, plus at 20, they would have to pay more in value if they could even find a trade partner and make it happen in time. The trade would be during the draft I would figure.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The nice thing about interior pluggers is that you don't need them to be dominant and they can be found in the middle to late rounds.

Gregg Gaines, Bravvion Roy, Poona Ford. All names I was high on found day 3.

What names do you like this year?

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

What names do you like this year?

Haven't watched any in depth (yet) to give an assessment I'd feel confident standing by.

@TexasAg1969
has me wanting to knock out Barrimore from Bama. But I saw one game of Nixon (Iowa) where I came away feeling like I was watching Michael Brockers.  Both the good and the bad.

The more I think about it, the more I can definitely see the Browns trading up to get a defensive player they love. I would think it would be a complementary pass rusher to Myles. 

The Browns window for the Super Bowl is right now. They have their QB, and he's making peanuts this upcoming season.  

Once he gets his huge contract, it will get much harder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The more I think about it, the more I can definitely see the Browns trading up to get a defensive player they love. I would think it would be a complementary pass rusher to Myles. 

The Browns window for the Super Bowl is right now. They have their QB, and he's making peanuts this upcoming season.  

Once he gets his huge contract, it will get much harder.

I'm pretty much between DB, pass rusher or WR at this point.  

The problem with a class like this on the edge, being so under-developed (IMHO) is that you really don't get the production you're hoping for until that magically year 3.    Meanwhile the Browns have a pretty damn good track record the past decade of drafting DB's that contribute immediately.  Haden, Ward, K'Waun (UDFA) Pep-Pep (to an extent) and Denzel.  

With what Berry has done so far in FA, I could see him trading down if his edge player (or LB'er) isn't there.  And then take a 2nd or 3rd tier rusher later.

I expect him to draft an OT and a G.  

44 minutes ago, Orion said:

With what Berry has done so far in FA, I could see him trading down if his edge player (or LB'er) isn't there.  And then take a 2nd or 3rd tier rusher later.

I expect him to draft an OT and a G.  

Could see one or both in the mid rounds, for sure. 

Bitonio has been around for a bit, and I'm not sure they can or will want to pay Teller big money to stay. Not sure both will be around a couple years from now.

They might want to move on from Conklin in a year or two too... 

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2021 at 2:12 PM, MLD Woody said:

Height: 6-2

Weight: 261 

Arm Length: 33 inches

Any 10-yd split numbers?

In order... shorter, lighter and shorter than I'd have thought. Pretty clear he lightened up for his showing, but he looks longer in his tape.

And apparently I'm not alone as in The Detroit News' report on TSUN's Pro Day included this right above the start of the measurements' list...

"Kiper’s latest mock draft has the 6-foot4, 272-pound Paye as a No. 11 overall pick."

I guess an adjustment period is in order... ;)

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Meanwhile I'm over here still trying to get over the AUDACITY Cal had...   "watch film on him".

your supreme egoness already bitched at NIckers for not kissing your "exaulted" ass. or was it Vambo?

I just meant that I don't know if you watched the film on that particular player or not.

There was zero intent to insult you.

So, wannabe superalphamale, stick your feigned godlikeness - and have a nice day.

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Kwity is a top 15 pick, probably the Cardinal's pick at #16. maybe. 

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

"Kiper’s latest mock draft has the 6-foot4, 272-pound Paye as a No. 11 overall pick."

I guess an adjustment period is in order... 

I wasn't off-base about him. The Browns won't trade up that high - the cost would be ridiculous.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I just meant that I don't know if you watched the film on that particular player or not.

DUDE, you were IN the thread.  The meat and potatoes were on page 10 with another post on 9.   You even replied to the thread.

You know damn well I watched Jones. 

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Any 10-yd split numbers?

In order... shorter, lighter and shorter than I'd have thought. Pretty clear he lightened up for his showing, but he looks longer in his tape.

And apparently I'm not alone as in The Detroit News' report on TSUN's Pro Day included this right above the start of the measurements' list...

I guess an adjustment period is in order... ;)

Interesting comps for Kwity Paye

Surely, *This won't help..

*According to Kent Lee Platte (Analytics Director and Applications Development for Pro Football Network, and creator of Relative Athletic Score), Paye tallied a 9.69 RAS (relative athletic score) out of a possible 10.00.

That stat checks in 43rd out of 1,338 defensive ends tested since 1987. Platte was particularly impressed with Paye's 36 bench press reps and 35.5-inch vertical jump today, with both measurings checking in as "elite" in his metric system.

W0zYpQmB_normal.jpg

Kwity Paye is a DE prospect in the 2021 draft class. He scored a 9.69 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 43 out of 1338 DE from 1987 to 2021. Splits projected, times unofficial, updated with his broad and vert (my bad)

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

DUDE, you were IN the thread.  The meat and potatoes were on page 10 with another post on 9.   You even replied to the thread.

You know damn well I watched Jones. 

wait, your post shows Caleb Farley. and NO, I'm pretty busy, and I have no idea that you already watched Jones.   Why would I assume you have watched film of every single player in the top fifty?

I suppose if you have watched film on Jones, you might have elaborated. Not having watched film on most players isn't any shame on you - we're probably all busy. I don't have time to read every single post in every single thread I pop in on to say something.