Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vambo

Trump to be honored with major award

Recommended Posts

Trump did indeed have some good things he accomplished for the country -but- he has also been denounced as the worst president in the history of the United States of America by many leaders here and around the world inluding many republicans many afraid to speak out for fear of being attacked by Trump.

It all depends on your point of view.  We'll see what happens in the 2022 midterms.

The resolution, which passed unanimously in the party, calls Trump "one of the greatest and most effective presidents in the 245-year history of this Republic" and lists his achievements in office.

"It’s just recognizing him for all the great things he has done for America for bringing back American manufacturing, cutting taxes, creating best economy ever, building up our military," Hooper said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Trump did indeed have some good things he accomplished for the country -but- he has also been denounced as the worst president in the history of the United States of America by many leaders here and around the world including many republicans- many afraid to speak out for fear of being attacked by Trump.

It all depends on your point of view.  We'll see what happens in the 2022 midterms.

The resolution, which passed unanimously in the party, calls Trump "one of the greatest and most effective presidents in the 245-year history of this Republic" and lists his achievements in office.

"It’s just recognizing him for all the great things he has done for America for bringing back American manufacturing, cutting taxes, creating best economy ever, building up our military," Hooper said.

Major award? From some republicans in Alabama?  WOW!!! I'm impressed. NOT!!!  His tax cut (most of which went to his rich pals) ballooned the deficit with the economy going full tilt.  Now with Joe & the Democrats running the show- Republicans have reverted to their usual deficit hawk mantra. A lot of what Hooper said needs to be fact checked- but I'm not going to waste my time proving him wrong. 

Trump did a few good things- it's early yet to give a final appraisal, but most historians- as mjp noted- are saying he was about the worst president in US history. I totally agree about the 2022 midterms. We'll know for sure which way the winds are blowing. Will it be in the Marjorie Taylor Green or Liz Cheney direction? Still TBD the fallout of the legal mess that's heading DT's way- and soon.  

Regarding the USA Today meme- true dat. Trump certainly loves to have his ass kissed, and if you don't- you're on his shit list.  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting an award from the people who worship you is not a “Major” achievement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Getting an award from the people who worship you is not a “Major” achievement 

Why not?  Obummer got the Nobel Peace Prize right after he took office and hadn't done shit?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Why not?  Obummer got the Nobel Peace Prize right after he took office and hadn't done shit?

But that wasn’t given to him by his followers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is akin to having your kids give you a “world’s greatest Dad” coffee cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Trump did indeed have some good things he accomplished for the country -but- he has also been denounced as the worst president in the history of the United States of America by many leaders here and around the world inluding many republicans many afraid to speak out for fear of being attacked by Trump.

It all depends on your point of view.  We'll see what happens in the 2022 midterms.

The resolution, which passed unanimously in the party, calls Trump "one of the greatest and most effective presidents in the 245-year history of this Republic" and lists his achievements in office.

"It’s just recognizing him for all the great things he has done for America for bringing back American manufacturing, cutting taxes, creating best economy ever, building up our military," Hooper said.

denounced by world leaders. That is a GREAT THING. "World leaders" are po'd that we weren't stupid anymore, and quit stupidly subsidizing their every whim, we quit with lopsided trade deals that benefitted THEM hugely, and if russia and china denounce us, it's because they are jealous of our wealth, and hate us for being America FIRST.

  for not being their cash cow? Pres Trump was one of our GREATEST PRESIDENTS, for all of us, and all of America.

I can list over two hundred good/great things Pres Trump did for AMERICA, and we've seen that the left can't name even ONE good/great thing obaMao/biden ever did for America.

not one. they hate it, but it's true. 47 years, and biden has plagiarized, lied, stolen credit from others, broken every promise, and made an ass of himself incessantly........

but Pres Trump had "orange skin".

how racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

But that wasn’t given to him by his followers

Of course it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

This is akin to having your kids give you a “world’s greatest Dad” coffee cup

Come on now..
I call that a major award 🥇 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Major award? From some republicans in Alabama?  WOW!!! I'm impressed. NOT!!!  His tax cut (most of which went to his rich pals) ballooned the deficit with the economy going full tilt.  Now with Joe & the Democrats running the show- Republicans have reverted to their usual deficit hawk mantra. A lot of what Hooper said needs to be fact checked- but I'm not going to waste my time proving him wrong. 

Trump did a few good things- it's early yet to give a final appraisal, but most historians- as mjp noted- are saying he was about the worst president in US history. I totally agree about the 2022 midterms. We'll know for sure which way the winds are blowing. Will it be in the Marjorie Taylor Green or Liz Cheney direction? Still TBD the fallout of the legal mess that's heading DT's way- and soon.  

Regarding the USA Today meme- true dat. Trump certainly loves to have his ass kissed, and if you don't- you're on his shit list.  :)  

image.png.eee87191e79ab429ae95400abbf146ce.png

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Browns149 said:

But that wasn’t given to him by his followers

image.thumb.png.2bf9043dde2e3b2a6cc6b419ac159d6d.png

Because nothing screams democracy like a fence with razor wire!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vambo said:

image.png.eee87191e79ab429ae95400abbf146ce.png

Boy- anything to get a dig in on old Joe- and totally wrong if you think Joe and the Democrats have anything to do with the price of gas. There may be a moratorium on new drilling leases, but there's nothing stopping energy companies pumping the hell out of current wells.  

EXCEPT- in the pandemic the demand for gas was so pitifully low, oil companies were literally giving crude away. Like for a couple bucks a barrel, if that. With my Kroger reward card- I actually got a couple of fill ups last year for damn near free.  AHEM- now they- and OPEC are deliberately keeping production way below what they're capable of producing to make up for lost profits. :)  

Do the math- the price of West Texas Intermediate is up to $65 bucks a barrel any wonder why?  A little bit dated- but sure- it's the Democrat's fault.. From the WSJ...  

Oil prices, which had already risen sharply on news of the OPEC-plus deal, soared on the Saudi announcement. In early afternoon trading Tuesday, West Texas Intermediate futures, the U.S. benchmark, were up 5.2% to $50.11 a barrel, passing through the $50 mark for the first time since last February, though it settled up 4.6% at $49.93. Brent crude rose 4.9% to $53.6070 a barrel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vambo said:

image.thumb.png.2bf9043dde2e3b2a6cc6b419ac159d6d.png

Because nothing screams democracy like a fence with razor wire!

And nothing screams revolution like an an invasion by thousands at the Capitol. Literally shitting in the halls. The fence will come down when it's deemed safe for it to come down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And nothing screams revolution like an an invasion by thousands at the Capitol. Literally shitting in the halls. The fence will come down when it's deemed safe for it to come down.  

Portland courthouse turns back into fortress after violent Antifa riots spike again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Boy- anything to get a dig in on old Joe- and totally wrong if you think Joe and the Democrats have anything to do with the price of gas. There may be a moratorium on new drilling leases, but there's nothing stopping energy companies pumping the hell out of current wells.  

EXCEPT- in the pandemic the demand for gas was so pitifully low, oil companies were literally giving crude away. Like for a couple bucks a barrel, if that. With my Kroger reward card- I actually got a couple of fill ups last year for damn near free.  AHEM- now they- and OPEC are deliberately keeping production way below what they're capable of producing to make up for lost profits. :)  

Do the math- the price of West Texas Intermediate is up to $65 bucks a barrel any wonder why?  A little bit dated- but sure- it's the Democrat's fault.. From the WSJ...  

Oil prices, which had already risen sharply on news of the OPEC-plus deal, soared on the Saudi announcement. In early afternoon trading Tuesday, West Texas Intermediate futures, the U.S. benchmark, were up 5.2% to $50.11 a barrel, passing through the $50 mark for the first time since last February, though it settled up 4.6% at $49.93. Brent crude rose 4.9% to $53.6070 a barrel.

As gas prices soar, Americans can blame Joe Biden

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/541833-as-gas-prices-soar-americans-can-blame-joe-biden

Americans should blame Biden, but not for the reason you might think. Biden’s attack on U.S. energy producers, starting with his freeze on federal oil and gas leases, will assuredly take a toll on output down the road and cause prices at the pump to rise.

But today, Biden has pushed those prices, which were already rising because of severe weather, even higher by gratuitously alienating Saudi Arabia. The Gulf kingdom just surprised energy markets by announcing it would not raise oil output, despite developing supply constraints and rising prices. Oil prices jumped on the news, popping 4 percent to pre-pandemic levels for the first time in a year; the surge rattled markets already nervous about rising inflation.

The Saudis are reminding Biden that they can be a valuable ally or a formidable foe.

In his fever to undo every vestige of the Trump presidency, Biden has undermined the extraordinary progress made by the previous administration towards peace in the Middle East, including by “recalibrating” our relationship with Saudi Arabia. The signing of the Abraham Accords between Israel and the UAE, Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco marked an undisputed breakthrough in opening relations among bitter enemies and also in ring-fencing a belligerent Iran.

Instead of attempting to build on that achievement, Biden has tried to bury it. Upon taking office President Biden immediately froze arms sales to the UAE, which had been promised as part of the deal. He next halted military aid to the Saudi war in Yemen and rescinded the terrorist organization designation applied to the Houthis by President Trump, emboldening that group to step up their attacks on Saudi Arabia.

Also, it took a full month for Biden to call Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, finally speaking to the leader of one of our strongest allies only after reaching out to more than a dozen other heads of state.

All these gestures made it clear, not that “America is back,” as Biden has proudly announced, but that America is going backward…fast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vambo said:

As gas prices soar, Americans can blame Joe Biden

 

All these gestures made it clear, not that “America is back,” as Biden has proudly announced, but that America is going backward…fast.

 

Yeah but Trump made us "energy independent". We don't need Saudi oil- at least not yet. Exon- Mobil took the que to raise their prices right along.   

Poor Saudis are butt hurt- too bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You just love deflection- don't you?  BTW- anitfa- is anti government, not a Democratic mob.  

BTW- anitfa- are Biden's minions...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You just love deflection- don't you?  BTW- anitfa- is anti government, not a Democratic mob.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah but Trump made us "energy independent". We don't need Saudi oil- at least not yet. Exon- Mobil took the que to raise their prices right along.   

Poor Saudis are butt hurt- too bad. 

 A moderately priced barrel of oil is good for the United States. It costs us more to get the oil out of the ground than it does the Saudis.

 Reasonably priced fuel is good for the United States. Reasonably priced natural gas is good for the United States economy and the environment.

 Moor efficient ways of using fossil fuel  will keep the emissions declining as they have for the last 20 years and get better and better until some other form of energy becomes feasible.  As of today it is not ready for prime time.

 

WSS

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Browns149 said:

But that wasn’t given to him by his followers

Almost made me spray my coffee with that one 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Boy- anything to get a dig in on old Joe- and totally wrong if you think Joe and the Democrats have anything to do with the price of gas. 

Just like you take a dig at anything Trump? Hi kettle meet pot.

Do the math- the price of West Texas Intermediate is up to $65 bucks a barrel any wonder why?

A barrel of WTI runs in lockstep with OPEC fluctuations, supply vs demand. 


 

45C2D8FE-016C-4BC8-B0F3-086E6FF19F89.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Boy- anything to get a dig in on old Joe-

2021-03-15_114818.thumb.png.660f38c2312174f0f5eda98da4bf5676.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Vambo said:

2021-03-15_114818.thumb.png.660f38c2312174f0f5eda98da4bf5676.png

"but, but.....Pres Trump has orange skin"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

 A moderately priced barrel of oil is good for the United States. It costs us more to get the oil out of the ground than it does the Saudis.

 Reasonably priced fuel is good for the United States. Reasonably priced natural gas is good for the United States economy and the environment.

 Moor efficient ways of using fossil fuel  will keep the emissions declining as they have for the last 20 years and get better and better until some other form of energy becomes feasible.  As of today it is not ready for prime time.

 

WSS

Yup Steve. but blaming Joe for rising gas prices is bullshit.  My point is demand is going up- and doubtless oil companies are making up for lost ground last year.  

Myth 1: Gas prices are going up because Joe Biden was elected president

Prices are not going up because "X" was elected, they are going up because US and global oil demand is rising and because OPEC and other oil producers cut oil production last year. Now, as countries are seeing COVID improvements, demand is rising faster than supply is rising. OPEC has not yet agreed to pump more oil, so oil prices are up and that's pushing gas prices higher. This is exactly why gas prices last spring went down (lower demand as COVID hit) then rebounded from $1.74 per gallon nationally in May to $2.12 per gallon during the summer. Biden's policy and decision to cancel Keystone XL is something that may affect prices years from now, but not now since existing pipelines aren't even filled due to still lower demand vs pre-pandemic, and oil companies, which lost over $50 billion in 2020, aren't looking to even drill- not on federal land or on private land at this time- if they raise production it would be from existing wells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vambo said:

2021-03-15_114818.thumb.png.660f38c2312174f0f5eda98da4bf5676.png

Got anything else, leader of the BDS brigade?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×