THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting 2020 Season Individual Pass Rusher Graphic...

Tour2ma

Data was compiled by Seth Walder and posted on twitter. I stumbled across it in a JJ Watt article.

Crosshairs appear to define the average rates for the two criteria: Dbl teams seen (X-axis) and Win rate (Y-axis). The higher up the Y-axis the better the performance.

• Only TJ Watt and Hughes logged a higher Win rate.
  • While only JJ and Smith saw more double teams.

Kinda says MG had a helluva year... even as he clearly struggled to catch his wind post-Covid.

image.thumb.png.392151fd9a977ed28744f99ce106a55c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Data was compiled by Seth Walder and posted on twitter. I stumbled across it in a JJ Watt article.

Crosshairs appear to define the average rates for the two criteria: Dbl teams seen (X-axis) and Win rate (Y-axis). The higher up the Y-axis the better the performance.

• Only TJ Watt and Hughes logged a higher Win rate.
  • While only JJ and Smith saw more double teams.

Kinda says MG had a helluva year... even as he clearly struggled to catch his wind post-Covid.

image.thumb.png.392151fd9a977ed28744f99ce106a55c.png

This is great Nice Share!!!

Thanks... also pegs a few EDGE FAs to consider and avoid.

That lower left quadrant is "no touch" land while the lower right should be "affordable-value" if added opposite MG... who will still see a high rate of dbl -teams.

One just-above-middle name that pops that I've read associated with us is Carl Lawson.

https://www.brownsnation.com/should-the-browns-pursue-de-carl-lawson-in-free-agency/

On 3/3/2021 at 7:52 AM, Tour2ma said:

Thanks... also pegs a few EDGE FAs to consider and avoid.

That lower left quadrant is "no touch" land while the lower right should be "affordable-value" if added opposite MG... who will still see a high rate of dbl -teams.

Ah, you did see Ogbah in the lower right, right?

He's actually rated higher than Vernon.

Aside from a brief stretch of games Vernon has been unremarkable the past two seasons.  Did he finally get healthy during the stretch (but now he’s hurt)? Or was it just favorable matchup (Eagles game)? 

Carl Lawson looks like possibility.  A Vet and a 1st or 2nd round pick rotating in and splitting snaps is kind of the direction I’d like to see us take.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Did he finally get healthy during the stretch (but now he’s hurt)? Or was it just favorable matchup (Eagles game)? 

The former IMO. Easy to forget that he had a great game early in the season @ Dallas before he got nicked. And while the Philly game was he best in sack terms he had a few really good games late in the season... including Week 14 until his season ended.

On 3/4/2021 at 6:50 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah, you did see Ogbah in the lower right, right?

Yes and Oprah in the top left center.  No kidding.

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The former IMO. Easy to forget that he had a great game early in the season @ Dallas before he got nicked. And while the Philly game was he best in sack terms he had a few really good games late in the season... including Week 14 until his season ended.

I don't remember, but what is his prognosis coming off injury? 

Could he be gotten for a modest one year deal? 

On 3/5/2021 at 7:20 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I don't remember, but what is his prognosis coming off injury? 

Could he be gotten for a modest one year deal? 

An Achilles without added complications means a full recovery is likely.

No telling what the market will bear, but with cap squeezes and about a dozen vet edges hitting FA "modest" is possible.