THE BROWNS BOARD

Minimum wage Back-up Plan

Westside Steve

On 2/28/2021 at 8:44 PM, Westside Steve said:

Really? Bend over to pick up the carrot and get a stick up the ass? Buddy it ain't that deep. And just in reference to some of the earlier posts the minimum wage isn't going to make anybody prosperous or smart or healthy.  It's a stupid issue for a lot of reasons.

WSS

That wasn’t the Democrats plan B.  The plan B was to fine corporations for not meeting the standard.  

On 2/28/2021 at 11:20 PM, Westside Steve said:

Wow back to Bush Senior? What  didn't Democrats like about him? You wanted some more tax revenue and he negotiated with you. Then you turned around and use it as a campaign slogan. Nice work hypocrites.

But as someone who realizes that business and the stock market are very important to the very fabric of the economy I have no problem with tax cuts for the big businesses or trickle down economics which is a b******* phrase to begin with.

Remember 5% of a billion is more than 5% 35000. And the rich pay almost all the taxes anyway.

WSS

Reagan trickle, Sr read my lips.  Dude the stock market has zero to do with the economy.  Joblessness is fucking insane right now, interest rates are at the floor & the stock market is super healthy.

13 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Reagan trickle, Sr read my lips.  Dude the stock market has zero to do with the economy.  Joblessness is fucking insane right now, interest rates are at the floor & the stock market is super healthy.

I don't agree at all and this particular issue does fuck with my life at least a little bit. At this I make more money from investments than I do from playing gigs. Especially this past year. Also I don't know the exact numbers but medicare medicaid social security and probably a shitload of other Similar programs are heavily reliant on the stock market. 3rd the joblessness rate is an artificial factor I believe. Lemmings ran for the cliff due to the code panic. In their infinite wisdom the government decided to pay people more money than they made work to sit on the couch and shiver. And let's face it I would guess most jobs suck at least somewhat and given the opportunity some, half or most whatever percentage you want would prefer not to go there. And the longer anybody stays home the harder it is to go back to work. Just human nature. Even for me and I actually like my job. Still I didn't get the unemployment check for the bonus so there's that…

WSS 

4 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Let's do entitlement reform. Trimming the fat on Medicare and doing away with the Ponzi scheme that is Social Security would free up alot of proverbial salary cap on the US's books.

I think we as a nation need to scale back the amount of money being forked over to foreign countries.